Latest news:

Bolton The $hit Thickens
Discussion started by Tom Bombadil (IP Logged), 03 May, 2019 12:53
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
03 May, 2019 12:53
The Brentford game now will not be played. Brentford awarded the points and a 1-0 win. EFL has now charged Bolton with a serious misconduct charge.

gary anderson
gary anderson
03 May, 2019 12:59
I wonder now will they be demoted to league two or even thrown out of the league .or will they be let off and just relagation to league one no points deduction .we are talking Bolton here maybe a name change ie Teflon wanderers .I do wonder if this was tranmere what the league would punish us with .

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
03 May, 2019 13:08
They should be demoted to non league. Enough is enough. Who is going to recompense all the Brentford fans for their wasted trip North on the original date of the fixture?

Cybertron
Cybertron
03 May, 2019 13:17
Quote:
Hoots Mon
They should be demoted to non league. Enough is enough. Who is going to recompense all the Brentford fans for their wasted trip North on the original date of the fixture?
I am guessing Bolton won't be putting their hand into their pocket for that.....

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 May, 2019 13:21
as I said this morning - this club Bolton wanderers is now a joke. players and staff not being paid- players going on strike - and now the sale of the club falling through twice. the owner ken Anderson should be banned for life. also Laurence bassini looks shady to me. I bet Watford fc are made up he left. Bolton wanderers are a joke. the punishment should be immediate demotion to the national league for season 2019-2020 and start the season on -20 points. this cannot go on any longer. the are treating the football league like mugs. they should be given a deadline to get their house in order if not they should be closed down.

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 May, 2019 13:25
Laurence bassini has just released a statement to say he has taken over the club- but the football league are saying this is not true- what a joke.

paulbyron
paulbyron
03 May, 2019 13:29
and to think north Ferriby went out of business as they owed £7,000 Bolton saga is a disgrace

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
03 May, 2019 13:31
I heard the FA have blocked him taking over ?

the baldy one
the baldy one
03 May, 2019 13:42
the football league are now saying Laurence bassini has to pass their fit and proper owner test before he can take over but he is insisting he is the new owner. this club belongs in the circus. I can just see that the football league will let them get away with this. it is not right.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark
03 May, 2019 13:56
It's easy to over-react to this. If the game was due to be played in February, it would have been rearranged and Bolton would get a maximum 3 point deduction. It's because it was the second to last match that there isn't time for it to be rearranged. Forfeiting the match and a 3 point deduction next season would be about the right punishment - they certainly won't be relegated for it.

If our game against Bury was postponed again last Tuesday, was unable to be played on Thursday and then became meaningless on Saturday, chances are we would have forfeited 1-0 so the play-offs remain on track - would we accept being relegated to the National League for a waterlogged pitch not improving?

I'm no fan of Bolton, but the bigger question is whether they can fulfil their fixtures next season and be allowed to start the league. If they can't convince the league they can by a certain date they can be relegated to the National League in place of the team in 23rd (with play-off finalists promoted to settle the leagues out).

Kentexile
Kentexile
03 May, 2019 15:52
EFL have done the right thing in the end. Other teams who dropped points at Bolton might feel aggrieved, but on balance I think the outcome is fair to Brentford. If you're not in the playoffs, the league season should end this weekend.

velico
velico
03 May, 2019 16:40
Quote:
Hoots Mon
they should merge with bury and change the club name too, dead and buried.

DevonExile
DevonExile
03 May, 2019 17:22
Not insisting on the game being played is reasonable but there should be sanctions because the original fixture could not take place

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
03 May, 2019 19:37
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
It's easy to over-react to this. If the game was due to be played in February, it would have been rearranged and Bolton would get a maximum 3 point deduction. It's because it was the second to last match that there isn't time for it to be rearranged. Forfeiting the match and a 3 point deduction next season would be about the right punishment - they certainly won't be relegated for it.
If our game against Bury was postponed again last Tuesday, was unable to be played on Thursday and then became meaningless on Saturday, chances are we would have forfeited 1-0 so the play-offs remain on track - would we accept being relegated to the National League for a waterlogged pitch not improving?

I'm no fan of Bolton, but the bigger question is whether they can fulfil their fixtures next season and be allowed to start the league. If they can't convince the league they can by a certain date they can be relegated to the National League in place of the team in 23rd (with play-off finalists promoted to settle the leagues out).

It's not an overreaction-they are serial offenders and should be treated accordingly.

Bored rover
Bored rover
03 May, 2019 20:04
This could be the best week ever, semi final play off win, Wrexham fail in play offs and Bolton into liquidation, COYHMRC

aktrfc
aktrfc
04 May, 2019 08:43
Quote:
Bored rover
This could be the best week ever, semi final play off win, Wrexham fail in play offs and Bolton into liquidation, COYHMRC

😀😀😀😀😀😀

SmartRover
SmartRover
08 May, 2019 11:15
Finally the inevitable has happened, Anderson reporting club has finally gone into administration.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
08 May, 2019 11:26
Quote:
SmartRover
Finally the inevitable has happened, Anderson reporting club has finally gone into administration.

Most likely all part of a cunning plan to wipe off all debts,then sell the club debt free not sure if than can happen but nothing surprises me these days.

Court case adjourned today Bolton given more time,next date 22nd of May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2019 13:22 by BELMONT.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
08 May, 2019 14:09
The thing is although they will legally write off debts, except HMRC and football creditors, they will also lose any remaining good will among local businesses. Without caterers, stewards, etc they can't operate and I wouldn't supply them at present, would you?

Anderson won't have any say in what happens once in administration. It's the administrator who is in sole charge. It's his job to make the business solvent by selling assets to pay off debts that will need to be renegotiated with creditors and, of course, finding new cash to keep the business operating (which basically means a new owner). If he can't do any, or enough, of these things the business will be liquidated.

gary anderson
gary anderson
08 May, 2019 14:37
How many times are Bolton going to get away with this farce .it's been a comedy for a whole season .just put them on the national league and be done with it .can you imagine if it was rovers my god the league would have thrown us out .toany clubs are going bust and in all sorts of trouble becouse of big time Charlie s wanting a new toy to play with .so it needs to be dealt with .sorry for the loyle fans but they did not moan when they were flying high playing in prem living beyond there means ..

aktrfc
aktrfc
09 May, 2019 06:17
What happens next. A new owner comes in and buys the club for a real knock down price. Fans are over the moon with the new hero and attendance is up generating extra income. More money allows for better players to overcome a 12 point deduction within a month or two. We all complain that they have got away with it again. Some say it’s not the fans or the new chairman’s fault so why punish them.

Send them to the national league now.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
09 May, 2019 08:28
There is no recourse in EFL rules to demote them from the League and they will not get special treatment in English Law because they are a football club. Going into administration does not automatically mean they will get away with anything. They still have to pay all football debts in full (EFL rule), they will still have to pay HMRC everything they owe, they will have to agree with other creditors to pay a proportion of the money they are owed. It's up to the administrator to organise all this and find ways of paying all this, just like they would for any other business. Administration is not a get out of jail free card, it is a last resort to keep a business afloat. Ultimately the only way they will survive is a new owner.

And before anyone gets all high about it, remember who the first club to use administration as a way of surviving its darkest days was, and what the new owner achieved after.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
09 May, 2019 18:47
DG is quite right but, that was using the system as it stood then to force Osterman to sell.

From memory had he not been trying to sell the ground to a developer for a supermarket?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
09 May, 2019 21:55
How would that have worked out; a load of cans of baked beans all lined up next to cans of soup in the front row of the main stand?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
15 May, 2019 09:49
Talking of Baked bean cans. Bolton have now opened a food bank for staff after not paying wages for April yet. How the hell have they been allowed to drop this low. The clubs ownership and management are to blame of course but surely the EFL should take some of the blame for not stopping the rot earlier.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
15 May, 2019 12:18
Quote:
Tom Bombadil
Talking of Baked bean cans. Bolton have now opened a food bank for staff after not paying wages for April yet. How the hell have they been allowed to drop this low. The clubs ownership and management are to blame of course but surely the EFL should take some of the blame for not stopping the rot earlier.

You can feel sorry for the backroom staff and the Hotel workers but it's seems a dam cheek that Bolton opened up a food bank for their staff.

This is the team that enjoyed years in the Premiership and the TV revenue plus any parachute payment when they fell out of the money pit.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
15 May, 2019 22:48
Why is it a cheek to open a food bank for workers? If they hadn't done that what would the workers have done otherwise. Personally I don't agree with the way they have handled their finances one bit, but that foodbank thing is at least a token gesture however the staff would be within their rights to find an alternative.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

paulbyron
paulbyron
21 May, 2019 17:04
bangor fc docked 42 points for financial irregularities that,s the way to do it

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
21 May, 2019 17:42
Bolton have secured Luca Connell for next season's fight back from League One,this must be to secure a fee for the eighteen year old as three teams are after him including Spurs and Leeds.

As it stands now it must be the only reason to secure a fee from any team that would sign him on as how can they secure his extra season money wise when there's food bank set up for their staff ànd they owe money etc.

Mind you it's Bolton they seem to just carry on regardless.

Bored rover
Bored rover
21 May, 2019 17:54
The fella who “wanted to buy them” will takeover, I was total non sensical business to buy them in major debt much more savy to wait for administrators to reduce the debt and then pick them up cheap, most of his stalling was probably designed to ensure they entered administration.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
21 May, 2019 17:58
Quote:
paulbyron
bangor fc docked 42 points for financial irregularities that,s the way to do it
Bangor were demoted from the WPL last season despite finishing 2nd.Now they are facing further penalties.
Barrow FC, Widnes Vikings,Chester City and now Bangor .
Who has had involvement with them all ?Without naming names he also wanted to buy Tranmere and move us to Chester.
What a lucky escape.!!!
Maybe Rovers could play them in a pre -season friendly to show some support.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.