Latest news:

O/T Bolton game is now off.
Discussion started by BELMONT (IP Logged), 26 April, 2019 22:57
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
26 April, 2019 22:57
Bolton Wanderers game has now been called off,surely failure to put this game on is contrary to all rules.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
27 April, 2019 01:11
Quote:
BELMONT
Bolton Wanderers game has now been called off,surely failure to put this game on is contrary to all rules.
it's the EFL that's called it off. What a mess they're in, I think there's a take over going on but hasn't gone through yet

Bored rover
Bored rover
27 April, 2019 06:32
Bolton are done, Amy new ownership is just prolonging the fans agony, this is what the 3rd fourth owner in as many years.

the baldy one
the baldy one
27 April, 2019 06:36
as everyone knows - in the early 1980s Tranmere rovers were in very serious money problems but what is going on at notlob wanderers is taking the @#$%&. as has been said by many people on here already the club is a joke. I really think now there can only be one punishment - they should suffer the same fate as to what happened to Glasgow rangers in Scotland and that is to be demoted 3 divisions as a consequence. they cannot keep on being bailed out by the fa so the wages are paid. if they were demoted they would soon relise the error of their ways and not do it again. also Brentford fc should be given the 3 points from todays fixture. if not demoted they should be taken to the nearest vets and be put down and let real clubs play football.

gary anderson
gary anderson
27 April, 2019 08:36
What a mess it's the real fans I feel sorry for its not there fault that the owners are hopeless morons who should never be let near a football club .tje owner should be in court and he alone should be held account .but that won't happen it will be the club and fans that suffer and tje dick heads own these clubs walk away leave the club in a mess and go and buy there new toy to get bored with and break .I fear Bolton will be demoted and start with a points deduction at the very least .at worst they could just be wound up and fold .it's a awfull.we situation and more and more if these so called owners are doing the same .they are destroying our clubs and just buy them for toys to show off with then get bored and sod off .dissgrace

aktrfc
aktrfc
27 April, 2019 08:53
The fans didn’t seem to mind when they were enjoying the high life that over spending brought. Like always I can see them worming there way out of it. Sorry but no sympathy from me.

DevonExile
DevonExile
27 April, 2019 08:56
Yes but the bigger picture throws a spotlight on the totally inadequacy of the EFL.
Their CEO having undertaken checks on several occasions stated that Bolton had enough money to see the season out, even whilst players were being unpaid. If he can be so wrong on this is it any surprise that the fit and proper person tests are so patently inadequate.
Today's opponents exemplify a club living beyond its means. They may gain promotion. It is also possible that they still end up with a points deduction next season if the mess is not sorted. They would however still gain the financial benefits of promotion and parachute money if subsequently relegated.
I feel for the supporters of both clubs and yes,we have been in the same situation but it is the inadequacy of the EFL that allows and fosters a culture that allows unfit individuals to run clubs in a reckless way. Until they create more effective vetting and punishments that really deter, all clubs will be potentially vulnerable

martyd12
martyd12
27 April, 2019 09:33
I watched Bassini Bolton's would be saviour and new owner on Sky TV last night and wondered whether any club would want him in charge of their football club. He has a history of financial mismanagement and I would be surprised if the EFL were to approve him. Certainly despite how desperate they are I doubt Bolton fans want him.

martyd12
martyd12
27 April, 2019 09:33
I watched Bassini Bolton's would be saviour and new owner on Sky TV last night and wondered whether any club would want him in charge of their football club. He has a history of financial mismanagement and I would be surprised if the EFL were to approve him. Certainly despite how desperate they are I doubt Bolton fans want him.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
27 April, 2019 10:02
If Tranmere fan's have good memories you will remember when we got point's deduction for failing to put a match on against Bolton in the 1980s it was over 👮 police costs at the time. Not sure whether it was two points or three at the time that we're taken off our points total.

martyd12
martyd12
27 April, 2019 10:38
I see the EFL have ruled that Bolton MUST play their two remaining fixtures this season!

paulbyron
paulbyron
27 April, 2019 12:08
Bolton should have been hammered over the doige transfer fiasco offering 1 million then having no money sent him back, they should have docked them any points accrued during his stint there

DevonExile
DevonExile
27 April, 2019 12:17
That is any easy decision but what a pity that the EFL is so toothless in the way it monitors clubs. I wish it was true that Bassini would fail the fit and proper person test but I very much doubt that he would. The outgoing owner had his own dubious history but that never got in the way of approval
Fans and their clubs are just are at risk not just because of a combination of irresponsible or cynical owners but also from the from football authorities that are part of the problem rather than the solution.
Football at times seems to be a parody of the worst aspects of the current capitalist culture of our society

Itsalldownhillfromhere
Itsalldownhillfromhere
27 April, 2019 12:38
Bolton have to be treated in a similar way to Rangers were in the Scottish League. Until there is accountability on a footballing front, these Fly by night owners will be ble to get away time and time again. What is the benefit of following a realstically ambitious club within financial fair play, when other clubs massively gamble, fail, then just change the owner with a new clean sheet with no ongoing debts.

Reremnart
Reremnart
27 April, 2019 21:22
Quote:
BELMONT
If Tranmere fan's have good memories you will remember when we got point's deduction for failing to put a match on against Bolton in the 1980s it was over 👮 police costs at the time. Not sure whether it was two points or three at the time that we're taken off our points total.

I remember that well. The police estimated Bolton`s travelling support would far exceed the numbers that both clubs predicted and wanted to send a huge number , for the time, of coppers to Prenton Park. Rovers disputed it and said they would not pay for an over the top police operation. The Police then pulled the plug on the game. When the match did finally take place Bolton`s support was roughly what both clubs said it would be for the original game.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
27 April, 2019 23:36
They should be demoted 3 divisions-they are serial offenders. Time for them to be made an example of.

paulbyron
paulbyron
28 April, 2019 11:20
Quote:
Hoots Mon
They should be demoted 3 divisions-they are serial offenders. Time for them to be made an example of.
couldn,t agree more hoots remember luton getting hammered 30pts yet some clubs get away with murder

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
28 April, 2019 15:15
Last season Bangor City,one of the top Welsh clubs were demoted from the Welsh Premier League because of finance issues.They had just finished the season as runners up!

gary anderson
gary anderson
28 April, 2019 17:21
You just know all that will happen is they will be in league one next season no points deducted and no fine nthey born with silver spoon .anyone else would be demoted at lest two divisions and even to the national league .but it's Bolton been in court more than three krays were yet they never get done .maybe the F A is bent lol

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
28 April, 2019 18:07
I wonder what punishments they will receive and how heavy they will be? With them being one of the twelve founder members of the football league, and a club of great history and tradition, will they be shown some unfair leniency? it always happens in football, Brazil are the darlings of FIFA, Real Madrid are the darlings of UEFA and Man Utd are the darlings of England.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/04/2019 18:15 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
28 April, 2019 20:58
Quote:
paulbyron
remember luton getting hammered 30pts yet some clubs get away with murder

I remember Rotherham starting the same season in league 2 on -17 as well for financial concerns.

Hamilton Academicals got done for 30 points as well at some point in the last 10 years, in a season where the final game against Queen Of The South, could have sneaked them a berth in the SCC ahead of league leaders and favourites Ayr. The 30 point deduction happened, meaning Hamilton neded the win over QoS to avoid relegation and they lost it. However they then got promoted straight away and got two further promotions in the following two seasons to make it to the SPL.

An unbelievable turnaround of fortunes after a relegation to get 3 consecutive promotions.

Quote:
hong kong rover
and Man Utd are the darlings of England.

In some peoples eyes yes, but plenty think an entirely different thing about that team (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
29 April, 2019 18:18
Bolton's last home game may be played after the season is over good job they are not playing a team waiting for promotion or relagation.

The league seems to letting them play on the 8th of May whether that's with their first team squad or under 18's but the game must be played,what a mess but no doubt the FA will bend backwards because it's Bolton and it's history not because the history of debt that seemed to be forgotten or wiped out over the years.

gary anderson
gary anderson
29 April, 2019 19:27
If it was tranmere tje F A would screw us to the wall .I feel sorry for there supporters .but it does seem they get away with it every time .I think they should be demoted to league two at least with minus 10 point start .but it's Bolton so nothing will happen

Kentexile
Kentexile
30 April, 2019 11:08
Not fair on Brentford that they should have to go and play up there after the season was supposed to end. Bolton should have been made to choose between playing the game this week or forfeiting it. It's not as if either club has anything left to play for.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
30 April, 2019 11:26
Sure Brentford players will have holidays booked etc for after the end of season so potentially could be hit financially for changing dates by playing after the supposed end date. Give Brentford the three points and be done

DevonExile
DevonExile
30 April, 2019 16:37
Unless the EFL are convinced today that Bassini has funds the deal is off. If that is the case it must surely be unlikely that the game against Forest will go ahead on Sunday. Their are rules against playing an under strength sideb and fielding the youth team would surely be a weakened team.
My bet is that a supine EFL exec will bend over. Ackwards to find a reason to approve Bassini shutting its eyes to its wider responsibilities.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
30 April, 2019 17:09
You can bet your last pastie on it Devon

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
01 May, 2019 16:40
See Bolton have had to close their Hotel(Built within their ground) today and told any one staying there to leave by 3.45pm today as they can no longer operate safely.

Also it is believed that the staff have not been paid,think their hopefully waiting for the new owner to come in,kind of in a mess some what.

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 May, 2019 18:48
Yet the EFL said they had enough money to complete the season.Is it any wonder that they are incapable of applying an effective person test

martyd12
martyd12
01 May, 2019 20:10
The EFL have now paid the players' wages, or part of them , as a loan , so the matches can go ahead. That suggests perhaps that the EFL will tomorrow approve the appointment of Bassini. More fools them!

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 May, 2019 21:07
I thought it was the PFA that have loaned the money

paulbyron
paulbyron
02 May, 2019 09:21
I think you're right devon

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
02 May, 2019 10:20
Just doesn't seem right for the PFA to pay what they call emergency loans to Bolton and Bury when in both club's it's miss management that got these clubs in the mess there in.

How long do they keep paying these wages when other clubs try to keep within budgets or do without players that they would like to sign but can't.

But these others splash out then wonder why there in the red then come out with sad eyes and begging buckets or more modern outlet's the internet media crying out to save their old clubs who have been around for year's calling on old player's backing them up saying it's wrong that this club is in the position it's in.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
02 May, 2019 10:45
Any club that requires a PFA handout to pay wages should incur an automatic transfer embargo for one transfer window or until the loan is repaid and other football creditors paid in full, whichever is longer. Don't care if new ownership is in place or not.

martyd12
martyd12
02 May, 2019 11:05
Yes I am sorry! My mistake!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
02 May, 2019 16:50
It seems that during the take over at Bolton by Bassini that it appears that they owe an extra £14 million on top of the figures given to Bassini and that why there is a hold up in taking over according to Bassini.

If that's the case he thinks it would be better for Bolton to go into administration even though it may cost 12 points next season but it could save him up to £10 million if that happens it would mean that more money could be put into the club instead of paying money to people or firm's owed money.Sounds messy what ever happens time will tell.

martyd12
martyd12
02 May, 2019 17:05
Apparently he wants guarantees that Bolton will not be deducted points for next season!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
02 May, 2019 17:59
Quote:
martyd12
Apparently he wants guarantees that Bolton will not be deducted points for next season!

Imagine the @#$%& hitting the fan from other club's that either have had points off in the past or other clubs that may have points off in the next few months (there must be one or two that are heading that way).

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 May, 2019 18:10
The FL have paid the players today ,so they will finish last remaining games ,compete their fixtures

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
02 May, 2019 18:15
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
The FL have paid the players today ,so they will finish last rema
Quote:
ining games ,compete their fixtures

Thought it was the PFA who have given a loan to pay the player's.

DevonExile
DevonExile
02 May, 2019 18:56
[quote BELMONT]It seems that during the take over at Bolton by Bassini that it appears that they owe an extra £14 million on top of the figures given to Bassini and that why there is a hold up in taking over according to Bassini.

If that's the case he thinks it would be better for Bolton to go into administration even though it may cost 12 points next season but it could save him up to £10 million if that happens it would mean that more money could be put into the club instead of paying money to people or firm's owed money.Sounds messy what ever happens time will tell.[/quote
When you think how many small businesses and ordinary employers are affected by this 12 points is a laughably inadequate response. The fact that a dodgy buyer could even benefit says it all. It is hard on supporters but in the final analysis the long term interests of all supporters are better served by action that really does deter.

gary anderson
gary anderson
02 May, 2019 19:02
Lads lads lads this is Bolton they will get no punishment they will be let off again they are Teflon where the fa are concerned it's not the first time and it won't be the last .the crook taking over now will do the same .this is Bolton and they do as they please .and that's the fact of life where there concerned

DevonExile
DevonExile
02 May, 2019 19:56
Gary it is the EFL that are responsible for determining a response and not the FA

gary anderson
gary anderson
02 May, 2019 20:14
Sorry Devon I stand corrected

martyd12
martyd12
02 May, 2019 21:12
Bassini's interest is now at an end! They are really in the mire now. They may not be able to fulfil their fixture against Brentford on Tuesday!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
03 May, 2019 10:03
Quote:
martyd12
Bassini's interest is now at an end! They are really in the mire now. They may not be able to fulfil their fixture against Brentford on Tuesday!

Bassini has not given up yet still says he is the man who will save Bolton according to the article in the Bolton News this morning according to a report in it.

He says he's going to take legal action because he states he controls the club now?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
03 May, 2019 13:14
Quote:
martyd12

It's now not going to be played at all. Brentford awarded 1-0 win.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
14 May, 2019 08:31
Bolton will start next season in League One with a 12-point deduction

warren r
Wozza
14 May, 2019 09:04
Quote:
trfc-boi
could rise to 18 they haven’t been punished for failing to play forest and. Brentford 😂

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 May, 2019 10:06
Quote:
trfc-boi

Whether it's 12 or 18 points deduction(extra for those games not played at the time or not at all)they will spend their way out of it by signing players on Championship money, .it's Bolton

rossb07
rossb07
14 May, 2019 10:39
I like to look at the positive side of it.

One win and we’re either 12 or 18 points clear of Bolton in the league.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.