football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Ups and Downs
22 April, 2019 17:40
LEAGUE ONE

Max Power scoring for Sunderland today at Posh but Posh equalize in last min, Sunderland needed to win to keep their auto hopes alive..looking gloomy for Cookie and Walsall at the basement of the table now.

LEAGUE TWO

Looks like the play offs for the mighty TRFC and a real possibility that we will face those eco vegans.. the bottom 3 all drawing today, Macc could stay up.

VNL

Salford lost at home to AFC Fylde today ( yipeee ), Orient drew at Solihull, so Orient 3 pts clear at the top of table with 1 game to go. Orients last game is at home to already relegated Braintree, so looks like they should be 99% ok for that auto spot, hope Salford bottle it in the play offs.

VNLN

Stockport win 2-0 today with jake kirby netting one of the goals, Spennymoor beat Chorley 1-0 with a 90th min winner, so stockport are now 1 pt clear of Chorley at the top of the table with 1 game to go...Chesters faint hopes of sneaking into the play offs were ended today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/04/2019 17:46 by hong kong rover.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Ups and Downs
22 April, 2019 17:52
I think Stockports last game is away at bottom of the table Nuneaton. Banana skin par excellence. 0-0 written all over it. Sincerely hope not.

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

22 April, 2019 17:53
Realistically it is the playoffs for Tranmere . Just hope Bury implode and FGR or Tranmere overtake them. Still, if you had offered me playoffs at start of season!!!!

MESSAGES->author

22 April, 2019 17:58
I watched a live stream of Oldham v Mansfield today, Oldham won 3-2 in a really good game..was impressed with Oldham and they have a game in hand too, they have a chance of sneaking into the play offs.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

22 April, 2019 20:19
It looks odds on that it is FGR in the first in the play off.I would have preferred to avoid them altogether but oddly, I would rather play them over two legs than a single game in the finals.
I know they are seen as a bogey team but if we can avoid further injuries they are beatable. Neither MK,Mansfield or Exeter have been consistent of late and we would then face a final that we could win.
Some people love the day out at Wembley,but I would rather face defeat in the first round then in the final

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

22 April, 2019 20:30
If MK Dons lose to Colchester & Draw with Mansfield

And

Mansfield lose to Stevenage & Draw with M K Dons

Rovers can take the 3rd autmatic promotion place if they win their 2 remaining games

The Fat Lady hasn't started to sing yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2019 18:32 by jal jal.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 07:40
Agree but lots of if means very long odds.There is always an element of luck in football and if we could have avoided the end of season wear then we could have been in front of the contenders. It represents real progress and is something of a parallel with Lincoln last year

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 07:43
Mk dons and Mansfield to lose their next game and Bury to lose their last game would also give us promotion if we win both our games and forest green fail to win one of theirs. Unlikely but stranger things have happened. Next round of games will be interesting

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2019 07:45 by Tranmere Tinker.

MESSAGES->author

23 April, 2019 08:00
Maybe its not the right thing to do when looking back at games during the season when we dropped points that we shouldnt have dropped, but still can't forget that Jay Harris moment of madness at Swindon that cost us 3 pts..Those 3 pts would be massive now, but as I said its a bit unfair to be looking back in retrospect.

MoanerLesser

23 April, 2019 08:39
Quote:
hong kong rover
Maybe its not the right thing to do when looking back at games during the season when we dropped points that we shouldnt have dropped, but still can't forget that Jay Harris moment of madness at Swindon that cost us 3 pts..Those 3 pts would be massive now, but as I said its a bit unfair to be looking back in retrospect.

Or the seven in a row that actually got us to the playoffs....

MESSAGES->author

23 April, 2019 08:54
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
hong kong rover

Or the seven in a row that actually got us to the playoffs....

Fair point

Tommy Egg
Tommy Egg (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 10:37
Quote:
hong kong rover

Was it a moment of madness ? ,it could be seen as a high 50/ 50 ,similar have been unpunished from opposition players .Equally damaging to Swindon defeat then was the defeat in the return fixture and home to Northampton .There are lots of ifs and may bes but we ' ve exceeded many fans' expectations this season

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 11:03
As in life ,there is always ifs ,buts .and if only ,it is what it is ,you can’t change it who would have . thought at the beginning of the season we would be in the playoffs ?.the big concern is what team can we put out with the injuries mounting up .but we never do it the easy way so a bit of hard luck is the norm

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 11:16
I have been a tranmere fan since I was 8 am now 64 and total agree I have never known tranmere to do things easy .I have seen some real great times at prenton park and some real awful times but have learnt over the decades that's the way it is with us .I believe this club is on its way up again and under mp and mm we are in good hands .so if we don't go up this year then let's not be to disheartened as no one realy thought we would be in this position when we kicked off the season mid table safety and just to reastablish our self's back as a league club .so 5o be in with a chance of auto or playoff promotion is a real bonus it's kept real interest right up till the final game and at least two playoff games which is bringing more money into the club which is a good thing .I think there are real good test to ce at our club and for one am seeing a very happy prenton park again .so promotion great but if not it's been a he'll of a good first year back and looking forward to a positive future fro trenmere rovers .

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 11:22
Quote:
jal jal
And

Rovers can take the 3rd autmatic promotion place if they win their 2 remaining games

The fat lady has finished singing, curtains are down and she's on her way home. It's the play offs for cert, and likely FGR.
Nothing to fear at all and instead of moaning about their ugly play, MM has to find a way to beat them, whatever it takes.

MoanerLesser

23 April, 2019 12:47
[quote Fiftyyearsarover]As in life ,there is always ifs ,buts .and if only ,it is what it is ,you can’t change it who would have . thought at the beginning of the season we would be in the playoffs ?. Me? Lol

MoanerLesser

23 April, 2019 12:50
Quote:
mill park white
Quote:
jal jal
And

The fat lady has finished singing, curtains are down and she's on her way home. It's the play offs for cert, and likely FGR.

Nothing to fear at all and instead of moaning about their ugly play, MM has to find a way to beat them, whatever it takes.

Well, not leaving their left winger with acres of space all game will be a start....

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

23 April, 2019 13:42
Bloody know all Fredurmson107 πŸ‘πŸ˜€

MoanerLesser

23 April, 2019 14:04
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Bloody know all Fredurmson107 πŸ‘πŸ˜€

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
Ironically played for Tranmere AND Exeter , so hopefully both will get to the playoffs in his honour

MESSAGES->author

26 April, 2019 14:55
One team that will not be going up this season is Danny Cowleys former club Concord Rangers in the VNLS. They have been told that they cannot compete in the end of season play offs coz they have failed to meet ground grading requirements, they don't have 500 covered seats..Their final game of the season is tmrw and they are 99.5% of gaining a play off berth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2019 14:59 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 14:20
Well done Leyton Orient, pleased for them..sincerely hope that Salford bottle it in the play offs.

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 14:25
Congrats to Orient a good old fashioned proper club, just like the Rovers,,bottles of bubbly at Brisbane Road.

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 14:36
Wrexham to play Eastleigh in play offs,, Stockton came on as a late sub today

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 14:41
Hoping Stockport do it today, away at bottom club Nuneaton, they shouldn't have any problem...famous last words lol

MoanerLesser

27 April, 2019 16:03
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hoping Stockport do it today, away at bottom club Nuneaton, they shouldn't have any problem...famous last words lol

Well, 2,0 so far

MoanerLesser

27 April, 2019 16:57
I would not have bet on all four above us losing...although still a few minutes left

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 17:12
Yeovil fall, a draw for Macc in their final game should be enough to send Notts down

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 17:58
Congrats to Stockport

MESSAGES->author

27 April, 2019 18:05
if Walsall win their final game away at Shrewsbury then it could well be enough to keep them up coz on the last day its Plymouth v scunthorpe and southend v sunderland.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

27 April, 2019 18:10
Quote:
hong kong rover
Congrats to Stockport

Yes. Absolutely made up for them.grinning smiley

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

27 April, 2019 18:33

And

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted this on the 22 April & it's still coming true 2 out of three up until now only

one game left to get right then if Rovers win both of their games it's automatic

promotion.

MESSAGES->author

28 April, 2019 14:51
Looking grim for Notts County now, they have to win at Swindon and need Macc to lose at home to Cambridge..I really don't understand why its gone so wrong for them this season. They got to the play offs 12 months ago and many had them down as promotion contenders this time around, including myself...If they do fall, then they will be a mighty fine catch for the VNL..Notts are the worlds oldest professional association football club, formed in 1862 and they are older than the FA. The FA, which is the worlds oldest football association, was formed in 1863.

MESSAGES->author

28 April, 2019 15:14
If Notts do fall, then it will be the Magpies v the Magpies next season, Maidenhead Utd v Notts County, I am not so sure their fans will be looking forward to fixtures like that and going to places such as Barrow, Boreham Wood and Ebbsfleet..Mind you, they will have Chesterfield to look forward too and maybe Wrexham.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

28 April, 2019 16:23
Barrow in the winter is a lovely place to go, I'm pretty sure they'll like that.(Sm163)

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 April, 2019 16:33
Quote:
jal jal
Barrow in the winter is a lovely place to go, I'm pretty sure they'll like that.(Sm163)
Torquay in August would be OK for them

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

28 April, 2019 17:13
Awful league full of nasty little grounds and mirons for refs I feel for them should be the mac going down there more suited to that revolting league@#$%&little ground and no support .I hope it's Wrexham that win the playoffs rather that nasty little club like salford with that total creep Nevil.sorry but the majority of that national league are @#$%& holes I long for the day that little club F G R run out of money and end up back where they belong .let's hope Notts County make a rapid return ad a proper league club

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/04/2019 17:23 by gary anderson.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

28 April, 2019 19:12
Quote:
jal jal

If it's a nice day,it's a very picturesque ride on the train from Lancaster.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

28 April, 2019 19:59
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
jal jal

If it's a nice day,it's a very picturesque ride on the train from Lancaster.

Hi Hoots Mon

I have just looked back at City's fixture list from the 2011/12 season until & including the 2016/17 season

We played Barrow 4 times away as some of the years inbetween Barrow had been relegated to the Northern league and 3 of the games we played Barrow were on a Tuesday night.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

28 April, 2019 20:50
Quote:
gary anderson
Awful league full of nasty little grounds and mirons for refs I feel for them should be the mac going down there more suited to that revolting league@#$%&little ground and no support .
sorry but the majority of that national league are @#$%& holes

What drivel. We, and many other clubs like us over the years, reached that league on merit. And, like others, it's done us a power of good. Don't want to go back there, obviously, but by and large the clubs, fans and players we encountered were proper footballing people, and doing it mostly for love not money or glory, and on a shoestring. Look a little closer to home for nastiness, revulsion and 'mirons'

MoanerLesser

29 April, 2019 10:34
Quote:
gary anderson
Awful league full of nasty little grounds and mirons for refs I feel for them should be the mac going down there more suited to that revolting league@#$%&little ground and no support .I hope it's Wrexham that win the playoffs rather that nasty little club like salford with that total creep Nevil.sorry but the majority of that national league are @#$%& holes I long for the day that little club F G R run out of money and end up back where they belong .let's hope Notts County make a rapid return ad a proper league club

Perspective I guess. I enjoyed the Likes of Welling, Borehamwood, Sutton, Braintree, where there were overall a number of opposing supporters intelligent enough to have a reasonable conversation, whether at the ground or in one of the local pubs, and minimal police presence. What I didn't enjoy was the poor standard of refereeing overall whereby some opposing players could get away with horrendous tackles. As for money,. The top six of the Premiership are successful because of the money spent. And in two cases, where the money has been well spent on top notch managers.

Obviously, I prefer the league football but it isn't as much fun travelling to away grounds as the club's get 'bigger'.

MESSAGES->author

29 April, 2019 21:29
See that the Sunderland v Portsmouth game in league one last Saturday drew an attendance of over 41,000 and it was only a few weeks ago they met at Wembley in the checkatrade final in front of 85,000...126,000 watching them in them 2 games.

MESSAGES->author

12 May, 2019 19:05
Chorley won their play off final today and finally they are promoted to the VNL, They've been knocking on the door for a few seasons now, they did it the hard way today, winning in a penalty shoot-out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net