football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Carlisle. Saturday
29 March, 2019 10:05
I fancy Rovers for this one 1-0/2-0 ,really on a roll but can’t help feeling ,can we really keep it going with the really tough games to come ? The good news is the top 5 have games against each other to ,I expect at least playoffs then anything can happen .to make it via automatic promotion it would mean being unbeaten for 14 games 6 now 8 left take some doing ,but who knows ,so a win Saturday ,1700 tickets sold for Oldham Tuesday another 1000 if needed pay on the night

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Carlisle. Saturday
29 March, 2019 11:03
It was a big ask at the beginning of the season.Now, it's within reach.The new players have added a lot to the team and if we don't get a p then there's another chance through the playoffs.2-0 for me.SWA

MoanerLesser
FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 11:31
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I fancy Rovers for this one 1-0/2-0 ,really on a roll but can’t help feeling ,can we really keep it going with the really tough games to come ? The good news is the top 5 have games against each other to ,I expect at least playoffs then anything can happen .to make it via automatic promotion it would mean being unbeaten for 14 games 6 now 8 left take some doing ,but who knows ,so a win Saturday ,1700 tickets sold for Oldham Tuesday another 1000 if needed pay on the night

Remember the friendly bet we had when things were not so rosy and I reckoned things would improve lol.

Btw why another Carlisle thread?

Fiftyyearsarover

29 March, 2019 12:20
The other thread has not predicted enough scores ,this one just for this result and you did indeed predict improvement ,which just proves you nicked my original crystal ball out my shed 😬

davep63
davep63 (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 12:29
With our recent form and clean sheets I'm goin for a 2-0 win for us SWA

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 13:56
1.0 for me .tricky game but think confidence high and home advantage with our support will see us to another 3 points .

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 15:59
550 away tickets sold already x

Fiftyyearsarover

29 March, 2019 18:22
Go on newsnowtranmererovers 1700 tickets already sold for Tuesday night ,1000 more if needed

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 18:43
Not an easy game but on form I am going for a 2-0 win.....

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 21:01
I think it'll be a 1-1.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 03:16
In play off terms these are double value points.A win would make it very difficult for Carlisle to catch us so thee points today are really important. As others have said mid table would have been a good finish. Anything more is a bonus and this may mean that we are playing with less pressure than others.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 09:49
This is a massive game. If we win, that would put us 9pts ahead of Carlisle, who occupy 8th. And if Colchester were to lose at Cambridge, we would be 10pts ahead of them in 9th. With games running out, that would be a big step to cementing a play-off place. With a game in hand, we could then go for 3rd.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 09:57
love the way palios and mellon are talking also.

not since king talking about moon-shots have we had such belief and justified ambition.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 11:21
And regardless of today's result that remains the case.
I am in Sri Lanka for a couple of weeks and it is amazing that in that time there is a very realistic chance that we could have a nailed on play off spot

MoanerLesser

30 March, 2019 11:34
It was reported that the Carlisle manager had been commenting that the Prenton Park pitch is poor and essentially not good for passing football ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2019 12:25 by 853OKG.

Fiftyyearsarover

30 March, 2019 11:59
I was watching Lpool v Arsenal women last week from Prenton Park and one of the main topics was the state of the pitch .quite a few managers and opposition players have all said the same and even tv commentators mention it so it’s an obvious problem .the last thing we need is a waterlogged pitch at this crucial time ,it needs fixing ,to late now but money does need spending ,its catch 22 to many games being played on it ,but the money off LFC is a big help

MoanerLesser

30 March, 2019 12:28
I have seen far worse pitches during the NL seasons... However, if so many people are complaining, must be something in it, although to be fair it hasn't stopped some teams playing good passing football.

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 14:32
Pitch is cr&p, just full of top dressing/sand too much footy being played on it all year, but maybe part of the reason for our good home form.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 14:50
C'mon Rovers!

MESSAGES->author

30 March, 2019 15:48
Yessss 1 up, Banks on 45 mins,, they always say its a great time to score..anytime is a good time to score lol

MESSAGES->author

30 March, 2019 15:53
Mansfield and MK both winning at the break, Notts County are 3 up at Stevenage.

MESSAGES->author

30 March, 2019 15:56
Half time.. Ebbsfleet 3-0 Wrexham

MESSAGES->author

30 March, 2019 16:24
2 up wooo hooo

MESSAGES->author

30 March, 2019 16:43
3 up fantastic Rovers and an attendance of 8,095 superb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2019 17:01 by hong kong rover.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 17:17
Most complete half of football I've seen for years, fitting tribute to Johnny king, well done lads

Fiftyyearsarover

30 March, 2019 17:20
Your right ,there is worse about it’s more bobbly than waterlogged ,it could be to our benefit ,were used to it ,some teams will try the long ball ,but you don’t want a pitch which is problematic in bad winter weather

Fiftyyearsarover

30 March, 2019 17:43
Brilliant Rovers ,7 wins on the trot superb ,well done SWA over 8000 turned up today ,support just like it was for Kings sides .as bob the builder says “can we do it ,yes we can “

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 17:44
thoughts

fair play to carlisle fans, huge turnout for the distance. they folded quickly though, and are NOT happy with their manager lol.

the fans in the kop were immense. not often a home crowd outsings a 1k away crowd in this division, but there you have it. one of the best atmosphere's i've heard at the ground.

perkins is powered by...? jesus he does not stop running. class above everyone else on the pitch

the second half was total football by us, superb stuff.

walking to the ground, seeing the mural on one of the terraced houses that nests the ground. walking past the fan park, hearing and seeing the madness in the kop. there is magic about this club. the fans, club and players are as united as any club in the country. could not be prouder to be a part of this

btw what's the new micky mellon song that was being belted out?

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 17:49
Quote:
mrGr33n13
thoughts
fair play to carlisle fans, huge turnout for the distance. they folded quickly though, and are NOT happy with their manager lol.

the fans in the kop were immense. not often a home crowd outsings a 1k away crowd in this division, but there you have it. one of the best atmosphere's i've heard at the ground.

perkins is powered by...? jesus he does not stop running. class above everyone else on the pitch

the second half was total football by us, superb stuff.

walking to the ground, seeing the mural on one of the terraced houses that nests the ground. walking past the fan park, hearing and seeing the madness in the kop. there is magic about this club. the fans, club and players are as united as any club in the country. could not be prouder to be a part of this

btw what's the new micky mellon song that was being belted out?
this is what it feels to be Tranmere on are way back as you know Micky Mellon’s going for two in a row 2 in a row

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 17:51
Quote:
Wozza
this is what it feels to be Tranmere on are way back as you know Micky Mellon’s going for two in a row 2 in a row

haha, boss.

ty

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 18:15
Here's a link to the song taken by a wonderfully named lady

[twitter.com]

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 18:59
On the subject of the pitch, excepted it's not brilliant but, there are a lot worse pitches in Div2.

My understanding is that the monies generated from Liverpool U23 and now Liverpool Ladies is spent on a new pitch each season?

The pitch looked very good up to above November/December.

Only one team in it after the first goal, hope McCullough injury not too bad but, he signalled to the bench straight away and no Pringle?

Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 20:16
Having seen a number of poor referees at Prenton Park this season it was nice to be able to see one that allowed the game to flow and didnt flash the cards every couple of minutes.I thought he had quite a good game.So nice one Scott Duncan.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 20:16
A game of two halves really . First half I thought we gave them a little too much respect , allowed them a lot of possession without really getting at them and were almost always never first to the ball . If their guy had have put that chance away instead of hitting the bar we would have had a game . Instead , second half we came out totally different . We battled , pressed and were first to the ball . We dominated the game big time exposing Carlisle as an average side . At the risk of repeating myself I reckon Mansfield have been the only team I've seen this season on par with us football wise . The majority of the others have been reliant on long balls or relying on throwing their weight around whilst wasting as much time as possible and giving Oscar winning performances in the hope we're reduced to 10 men . I was surprised at Pringle missing as well ( Hope it's not through injury ) . For what it's worth my MOTM today would be Ellis . I thought he was solid today and got in some really good well timed challenges . Onward and upward !!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 20:20
Pringle was injured.mccullough got knee injury needs a scan

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 20:44
Mom Mannie

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 20:57
I thought the way we rode our luck in say the opening 30 mins, absorbed the pressure, got a bit of luck when they hit the bar then kicked on, especially the second half - thats the way you get promotion! Crowd were great today, at the risk of sounding a bit soft - im in love with football again! Sharing it with my six year old is magical. My MOM was Jennings- he was bloody everywhere today. He did the dirty stuff, the fancy stuff, he did everything!

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 21:03
Yeah Jennings was tireless and always available.

Their number ten looked to be a quality player, he seemed to find lots of space in the first half.

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

30 March, 2019 21:07
Quote:
Uptonrover
I thought the way we rode our luck in say the opening 30 mins, absorbed the pressure, got a bit of luck when they hit the bar then kicked on, especially the second half - thats the way you get promotion! Crowd were great today, at the risk of sounding a bit soft - im in love with football again! Sharing it with my six year old is magical. My MOM was Jennings- he was bloody everywhere today. He did the dirty stuff, the fancy stuff, he did everything!
defo rode are luck they could have been 2 or 3 up before we scored number 17 and 10 linked up well first half for them 2nd half we were a different animal Ellis mtm for me jay played well also no one is ever out muscling manny he’s a mountain there keepers distribution was shocking the great man himself would be beaming of what’s happening to our club

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2019 21:13 by Wozza.

Yiggo
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

31 March, 2019 02:41
Must say that the SWA in the Kop today were outstanding. That Micky Mellon song that went on for so long was unbelievable. I wished that I was in there this afternoon.

What a performance from both the fans and the team. Unforgettable!

Gunslinger
Gunslinger (IP Logged)

31 March, 2019 07:30
An excellent day at the office! Thought they probably edged the first half and, in addition to the crossbar being rattled, had two very clear-cut chances which thankfully edged past Davies' far post - our midfield didn't seem to get to any second ball and seemed out of gear. Banks was in the right place at the right time to score and then we never looked back. We seemed to camp in their half in the second half and could have scored more. Unplayable at times. Jay has often been a liability but was absolute class today, perhaps my MOM. Thought Morris grew in confidence and began to impose himself on the game. Perkins rans the midfield as always. Back four solid, Jennings as energetic as ever. This team is turning into one of Rovers' 'memorable' teams. And a fantastic atmosphere from where we were sitting in the Kop.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

31 March, 2019 10:42
In the Football League Paper this morning there is a picture of David Perkins celebrating our first goal under the caption " Rovers' Dylan Mottley-Henry celebrates the opening goal "
How can they get things so wrong!!??

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

31 March, 2019 11:35
Quote:
martyd12
In the Football League Paper this morning there is a picture of David Perkins celebrating our first goal under the caption " Rovers' Dylan Mottley-Henry celebrates the opening goal "
How can they get things so wrong!!??
clearly racism martyd

Fiftyyearsarover

31 March, 2019 11:54
Yes spot on Loyden ,if it was Dylan scoring a goal would they show Perkins instead ?Disgaceful 😀 but as Martyd 12 said how can they get it so wrong .pathetic

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

31 March, 2019 20:55
Brilliant result and good ot see banks getting some solid input into the result, as new players have put his earlier season opportunities under threat, but when he plays well he can be a conrtibutor,

Perkins has shown he still has higher level qualities for his age, if Tranmre do go up, he could be a good player to have to help transition back to league 1 football.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

01 April, 2019 14:55
Quote:
Matt34
Brilliant result and good ot see banks getting some solid input into the result, as new players have put his earlier season opportunities under threat, but when he plays well he can be a conrtibutor,
Perkins has shown he still has higher level qualities for his age, if Tranmre do go up, he could be a good player to have to help transition back to league 1 football.
Yes matt got to agree it's all looking good and perking will do for me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net