football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

harrys heroes - the full english
19 March, 2019 08:37
I was just wondering if any Tranmere fans watched part 1 last night on itv at 9.00pm of harrys heroes - the full English. basically it is harry redknapp getting in touch with a load of ex England players who are all now so much overweight it is not true. he puts them through their paces in order to get fit to play a match v ex germany legends. the ex England players include - david seaman, Robbie fowler, neil Ruddock, paul merson, ray parlour, john barnes etc. I only started to watch it because barnes was once at Tranmere, but I cannot stand harry redknapp ( the king of the back handed bung payments), and as for neil Ruddock he is absolutely disgusting and revolting. he is so big now he makes giant haystacks look small. I just wonder if the bayliffs have got him yet. I bet all of these so called legends are being paid thousands of pounds to appear on this programme which is not right. maybe Ruddock could use his money to pay off the bayliffs. anyway part 2 is on tonight again on itv at 9..00pm.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: harrys heroes - the full english
19 March, 2019 09:06
Yet more people you dislike/ hate.How about who and what you do like,the best Tranmere game you enjoyed,your football heroes etc.Something positive !

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

19 March, 2019 09:17
Ruddick does come across as an absolute moron though. To be honest though it was a change to the absolute dire rubbish that has been on TV lately

19 March, 2019 09:27
Bit fattist, Baldy

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

19 March, 2019 09:37
I thought it was a good piece of entertainment much better than some rubish we are subject to .looking forward to tonight and see how the game goes .yes baldy they are a bit overweight and not very fit but as you get old you do tend to carry a few more pounds .but all in all a good 90 min of entertaining fun

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

19 March, 2019 09:46
Like the obvious large dinners they have all been eating itโ€™s an acquired taste this show ,not for me .just a gang of has beens and never was looking for a few minutes in the spotlight ,if someone is stupid enough to pay them for doing it who can blame them .the public have a fascination for footballers so plenty will watch it .l donโ€™t dislike them I am just not interested in them .sorry ,telling a lie canโ€™t stand Ruddock My favourite Tranmere games Southampton 4-3 and last year play off final ,footballers are not heroes but I like Hazzard and enjoyed Shearer ,Malcolm Macdonald the Newcastle player, to many to mention we all like different players for different years .hero is reserved for those that fought in our wars or did heroic deeds and they are the reason we are here today .a bit profound but very true

Fiftyyearsarover

19 March, 2019 10:01
Just thought on Merson has his Betting problem back worse than ever I believe he was telling it all to the papers ,itโ€™s worse than ever ,so his chum Our Arry has fixed him up with a gig to help out .over the years a lot of footballers have had gambling problems .i spent my money on women ,cars ,travel ,I wasted the rest on houses and bills ๐Ÿ‘

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

19 March, 2019 17:08
Lighten up chaps, thought it was entertaining, made me feel better about myself seeing the pounds/stones some of them had put on. Couple of picks of New Brighton, nice to see. Thought Barnes went Bankrupt a few years back, nice house so I must be wrong.
I like Harry coz he says it as it is, chance of earning a few extra quid on the side, like who wouldn't given the chance.
Looking at Razor should be a warning, eat in moderation or you will look like him, or maybe you do already.
Looking forward to tonight's offering, like others have said much better than the endless dross the channels put out.

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)

20 March, 2019 18:04
I haven't seen it, so I couldn't possibly comment. As for Razor, he's a fat git. And probably an oaf, to boot.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

20 March, 2019 18:58
I thought it was a great watch and funny. Our best period was when our players went out on the lash all the time so can't judge just different times.

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Fiftyyearsarover

20 March, 2019 22:13
Yes they did ,they always went to Ireland pre season some high jinks I believe ,it was called bonding ๐Ÿ˜€

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

21 March, 2019 06:13
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Just thought on Merson has his Betting problem back worse than ever I believe he was telling it all to the papers ,itโ€™s worse than ever ,so his chum Our Arry has fixed him up with a gig to help out .over the years a lot of footballers have had gambling problems .i spent my money on women ,cars ,travel ,I wasted the rest on houses and bills ๐Ÿ‘

Harry needs the dosh more then anyone 50. He lost almost everything in a bad business investment last year that's why hes doing all this media stuff..... believe me hes no fan of having to do it. I'm expecting him to be delivering my post tomo

Fiftyyearsarover

21 March, 2019 15:37
Thanks Kav ,I wondered why he was going mad appearing on these shows must have good friends in high places .cant stand the man ,always the element of a spiv about him if I remember when he got done for tax he had put his dog down for tax relief ,something on those lines

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

21 March, 2019 17:26
didn,t his dog fill his tax form in for him!!!!!!

Fiftyyearsarover

21 March, 2019 20:04
The dog was the only one who could write

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

21 March, 2019 20:31
Didn't he say it was his pal or chum

Fiftyyearsarover

21 March, 2019 20:53
๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

21 March, 2019 22:51
This post is barking mad.

Fiftyyearsarover

22 March, 2019 08:18
He always dressed like a dogs dinner .he really looked wuff somedays .he had dogged determination to beat the tax man he told them they were barking up the wrong tree ,but they still tried to sniff out evidence . .his clever dog attended nearby Barking college a pretty ruff ruff place I believe. , Sorry lads this was done pre tablets

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 March, 2019 06:55
Thank goodness I read on... I interpreted 50s message as he had his dog destroyed to save a few quid, I was fuming

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

25 March, 2019 13:42
Just watching the second episode barnes has been left in charge of a dry weekend and all the players ordered alcohol... he said nothing he either ignored Redknapp's instructions or was too weak to stop them...... no wonder he was s hit at our place

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 09:49
Ive seen it on you tube, Robbie Fowler wanting to order a big plate of f*ck off chips to go with his steak, lol....lost count how many times during the programme they told us that the Germans always do us in penalty shoot outs..Matt Le Tissier was a supreme talent in his playing days.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

29 March, 2019 09:54
I wonder where John Barnes house is? I think when he first came up to Liverpool he lived in Neston/Parkgate, whether he is still there I have no idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net