football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Oldham away
15 March, 2019 14:26
Going for another 1-0 or 2-1 for rovers evidently Oldham call us bin dippers ? No me neither.it must be a Manc thing ,the SWA will be there in force 700 extra tickets for sale on the day if needed I believe

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

Re: Oldham away
15 March, 2019 14:39
With all the@#$%&going on over there, I hope we don't expect that we only need to turn up to collect the 3 points.
Interestingly the bookies seem to have Oldham as favourites to win. If we stay solid at the back I would hope we can nick it.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 15:43
They apparently have protests planned for tomorrow. Potentially toxic atmosphere for the SWA to shout us on to victory. Oldham have not sold many tickets (apparently) and we may have more away fans than home

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 15:47
just hope banks doesn,t try to win the game all on his own, keep on playing like we did on tues. we should be ok

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 15:51
TRFC supporters trust estimate over 2,000 away tickets sold atm

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 15:53
Reading their forum they are planning either a none turn up or disrupting the game by throwing tennis balls then a mass walk out. Could be interesting. Oh and apparently we are “tramps”

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 15:58
Will happily be called a tramp by an opposing fan, at least our owner doesn’t think the same about the fans of his own club....

2/3-1 win with a home atmosphere from start to finish!

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 17:18
I hope we batter them but the weather is looking awful and a waterlogged pitch is a possibility.Hope not.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 19:01
Feeling will be rained off

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 22:31
I suspect it will be another hard fought game, not expecting free flowing dazzling football, just a battling performance focusing on maintaining a clean sheet.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 02:34
Quote:
ming05
Feeling will be rained off

It wouldn't be Oldham without getting pissistently rained on!

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 08:05
Quote:
Uptonrover
Reading their forum they are planning either a none turn up or disrupting the game by throwing tennis balls then a mass walk out. Could be interesting. Oh and apparently we are “tramps”

Oldham Twitter - proposed protest...

3.23 Scarves on pitch (to represent 23 staff who have left)

on 76th minute walk out, exit ground to front of North stand 

Fiftyyearsarover

16 March, 2019 08:32
If the weather is like it is here in Frodsham I am expecting the game to be off , Oldham pitch notoriously famous for water logging .probably all to do with the Pennines .i believe if there is any snow about Oldham usually cops it first ,but it’s the rain this time around I fear

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 09:00
Pitch inspection 12 today....what !

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 09:05
Inspection time changed to 10.45

Steve Wilson's pen
Steve Wilson's pen (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 09:29
I'm going for another 13-4 away win, with Lord Nors getting 9 - that's weather permitting.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 09:33
Norwood 1st goal and 3-0 80/1 at hills. They also have Baxter 5/1 first goal for Oldham. Id have thought more likely 1,000,000/1 given he is suspended

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2019 09:36 by Uptonrover.

Prenton Pirate

16 March, 2019 10:03
Quote:
Steve Wilson's pen
I'm going for another 13-4 away win, with Lord Nors getting 9 - that's weather permitting.

BUNNY how that score seems to ring a BELL!

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 10:30
Game off confirmed by Nicola P

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 10:30
I recon it will be off its been @#$%& in down here since late last night .so will be a cold Tues night fixture now .but will just get the 3 points at a later date .

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 10:45
Very convenient

16 March, 2019 10:58
Match off....

Fiftyyearsarover

16 March, 2019 11:00
My thoughts exactly Upton rover ,demo, Baxter banned .team in turmoil .local ref ,simples

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 11:01
Or the pitch is waterlogged?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 11:11
An act of Matt! As per Port Vale, we'll just have to win the rearranged fixture.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 11:48
As soon as the inspection got brought forward and a local ref was doing it there was never going to be anything other than a postponement. Takes a slight bit of heat off the owner

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 11:53
Pity I would far rather be playing them now whilst we are on a roll and they are in turmoil and with a suspension.
On the other hand we may have Zoom back for I think we look more vulnerable when Rides plays.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 13:23
Was going to be my first away game of the season . Gutted

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 13:28
Saw this coming a few days ago, I even posted it on another thread. Both of our games that have been call off, have been manager less and in trouble.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 13:37
How very convenient!!!!! Manageless club, disgruntled supporters and a local ref. I sometimes wonder how much influence is put on match officials to postpone games!! Having said that I haven't seen the pitch so perhaps it may have a puddle or two on it? Never like missing a week when we are on a role it has in the past come back and bit us big time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2019 13:42 by sparky100.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 14:06
We won at both Dover and Port Vale after initial matches had to be re-scheduled.

The only disappointing thing for me about missing out today is that there will be a fraction of the support whatever Tuesday they put the game on.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 14:11
All these people spouting this ''how convenient'' garbage are talking nonsense. It's the pitch caused by the dreadful weather-end of.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 14:33
Hoping Stevenage can get a result today at MK Dons.

Tommy Egg
Tommy Egg (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 14:41
I am reluctantly parking the conspiracy theory because Bury in that neck of woods have postponed and they would have been keen to play like us .Oldham must be relieved though !

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 14:54
Would “our” staff have been present at the pitch inspection to counter their staff in the local refs ear? Just a thought

MESSAGES->author

16 March, 2019 15:43
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hoping Stevenage can get a result today at MK Dons.

Stevenage 1 up

MESSAGES->author

16 March, 2019 15:56
Macc 2 up away at Yeovil, things starting to look seriously grim for Yeovil now..Crewe have scored 4 goals in the space of just 7 mins at home to Crawley..Stevenage 1 up at the break.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 17:28
Quote:
Hoots Mon
All these people spouting this ''how convenient'' garbage are talking nonsense. It's the pitch caused by the dreadful weather-end of.
+1

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 17:30
I'm pretty sure the ground was unfit but yes it was convenient for them.I was wondering as they haven't been able to pay some bills,what becomes of the 30 grand or so that we paid for match tickets.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 17:38
Quote:
sparky100
How very convenient!!!!! Manageless club, disgruntled supporters and a local ref. I sometimes wonder how much influence is put on match officials to postpone games!! Having said that I haven't seen the pitch so perhaps it may have a puddle or two on it? Never like missing a week when we are on a role it has in the past come back and bit us big time.

you could always volunteer you expertise and turn up at the ground ;0) to advise the ref.
besides both teams have subs.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 20:23
Quote:
Loyden1
I'm pretty sure the ground was unfit but yes it was convenient for them.I was wondering as they haven't been able to pay some bills,what becomes of the 30 grand or so that we paid for match tickets.

Those who can go on the Tuesday will use the tickets for today. Those who can't go will have to apply for a refund and get their money back. It was NOT in Oldham's interest or convenient for todays' game to be postponed as they would have got a much better crowd for todays' game than they will whenever it is played.

I can confirm that the heavy rain continued for the vast majority of the day. Does Upton Rover[and others] believe that God is an Oldham fan?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 20:24
Quote:
Uptonrover
Would “our” staff have been present at the pitch inspection to counter their staff in the local refs ear? Just a thought

You cannot be serious.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 21:33
And heres me bored on a Saturday, no game to goto, dangling some bait and Hoots wins todays star prize 😀

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

18 March, 2019 10:35
This 'local ref' thing means that people believe not only that a referee is prepared to put their career on the line for the sake of postponing a game, but also that Oldham are prepared to risk fine, points deductions and worse for attempting to get a favourable decision from an official. Both of those things happening seems far-fetched, especially when the club loses a lot of income from the game being off.

I remember in the early 90s we had a game at Oldham on an icy day, when many other games were off. The pitch looked unplayable but the game went ahead. One of our players (either Brannan or Thomas if I (half) remember correctly) got an ankle injury early on which was blamed on how hard the pitch was. The last thing we needed was the game to be a lottery when we thought we would beat them - so it was definately in our favour they never chanced it.

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

18 March, 2019 10:58
Can't see why they would do it on purpose even if they could (which I doubt).
Postponing a game costs money, which Oldham don't have. And I'd rather we play them in decent playing conditions, not on a waterlogged pitch which is always going to level out any quality gap between the two teams.
And they'll still have their problems when the rearranged game comes around.

Prenton Pirate

18 March, 2019 11:06
It seems no game beat the weather in the Manchester area. Bury, Accrington, Altrincham all off. FC United was off after passing a pitch inspection in the morning.
I decided to watch St Helens Town v Longridge in the North West Counties on a 4g pitch. Was rewarded with a cracking 4-4 draw. Two teams attacking for 90 minutes, both with dodgy defences. Not bad compensation for missing my Rovers fix.

MESSAGES->author

18 March, 2019 17:09
Oldham game rearranged for Tues, 2nd April.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

19 March, 2019 20:51
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
I decided to watch St Helens Town v Longridge in the North West Counties on a 4g pitch.

I wonder if 4g was the cost of having it put in? (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net