football
Latest News:

Rovers90
Rovers90 (IP Logged)

Ben Tollitt
14 March, 2019 11:52
Loan deal expires after this weekends round of fixtures. Do you expect him to come back and be amongst the first team or just a name sitting in the stands

pez
pez (IP Logged)

Re: Ben Tollitt
14 March, 2019 11:58
My guess would be he'll be on the bench, and given a couple of chances by Micky to see if he can produce the goods at this level?

If he doesn't appear in the match day squad, then it would look like Micky's already decided to offload him during the Summer.

I would imagine he would be Wrexham bound in the next window if he fails to get another chance here.

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 12:08
Ben is a likeable lad and good pro. However, his final delivery (assists and goals) usually falls a bit short. I cant see him even getting on the bench at the moment.
If he's fully fit, he can do a good job in NL.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 12:09
I watched him last weekend and he was poor to be honest ,he was good first ten minutes and then faded he is to lightweight lost the ball to easy ,l like Ben and would be really happy for him if he came good but the way rovers are set up and a physical side .he would not fit in .Stockton would be a better bet to come of the bench ,he can be a handful .come on Ben prove me wrong

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 13:15
I agree about the post injury Tollit but I think Stockton is as likely to leave at the end of the season. The fact that he has only been on the Bench despite the fact that Wrexham have struggled for goals boldly endorses his worth. A fit Miller would be a far more attractive option

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 14:29
I can't see how he would break back in or even make the bench with the options we have in midfield right now. It might only be fair for MM to allow him to leave permanently (which I guess is possible by cancelling his contract if Wrexham are interested), unless he thinks we need that little extra squad depth to cover for injuries/suspensions during the run-in.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 16:39
Would rather have Tollitt back at Prenton than Stockton.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 16:44
Think Stockton has burnt his bridges now with the “cupping of the ears” however right or wrong he was.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 18:26
Not that bothered about either of them, sadly micky is at fault with tollitt for rushing him back when we were on a terrible run... but then we dont know if ben gave micky guarentees about his fitness. Whatever happened tollitt was awful at the end of last season he couldnt trap the most basic of passes

Bored rover
Bored rover (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 19:23
Don’t think he will even return to the club, can see him being released in order to join Wrexham. He won’t get near this side the quality we have is so much better even than him in peak form. His best for us was at NL level, Pompy knew he wasn’t up to L2, nothing against it’s the lad, he deserves a crack after 2 injuries but he won’t get it here.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 19:27
A fit Tollitt would strengthen our bench.Stockton has had numerous chances here ,at Hearts Carlisle and now Wrexham.He doesn't even get in the starting eleven at Wrexham.No thanks.

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 19:29
Quote:
the kav
Not that bothered about either of them, sadly micky is at fault with tollitt for rushing him back when we were on a terrible run... but then we dont know if ben gave micky guarentees about his fitness. Whatever happened tollitt was awful at the end of last season he couldnt trap the most basic of passes

If we don’t know what ‘guarantees ‘ Ben gave Mickey, and presumably we don’t know know what conversations took place between doctors/physios/surgeons etc, nor do we know how Ben performed in training, how on earth can we say Mickey was at fault for rushing him back. In any event, the injury Ben sustained when he fractured his knee was not related to his initial injury.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 23:28
I think Ben has had time out on loan. Unless he is definitely out of the club for instance to Wrexham he deserves a chance to train and be available for selection.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 20:57
Tollit could offer something, but I suspect if he comes back he would only be benched and used for cameos, as there could be other options used even if one or two players got an injury.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 16:14
Tollit gets another goal for Wrexham v Maidstone Utd

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 16:15
Tollitt just scored to give Wrexham the lead but no Stockton even on the bench

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 17:08
That was Ben’s last match on loan there.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 19:39
Post match comments.....💬 BT | “Couldn’t ask for a better sign off, I’ve really enjoyed my time here. When you are enjoying it, you don’t want it to end. It’s not down to me but it’s the rules. They’ve got everything they need to go up, I’ve got full belief they’ll go up. I’ll be a Wrexham fan for the rest of the season”.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net