football
Latest News:

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

John Barnes
05 December, 2018 10:16
Our former manager is the favourite for the Wrexham job.What do you think Dai? 😁😁😁😁😁

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: John Barnes
05 December, 2018 11:04
Just read it ,I would not wish him even on our welsh chums ,but nothing surprises me these days .not heard if Ricketts has even left Wrexham yet ,Shrewsbury saying nothing either ,

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 11:09
@50, check out Shrewsbury’s twitter. It has all his interviews and even a vid of his first day in training on there. Wrexscum’s Twitter also has his departure on theirs too.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 11:17
He's linked for the same reason that Fowler was linked to the Shrewsbury job. People will click on the links to see the story, the website gets advertising revenue - and it's a story which will get lots of people clicking.

These stories need to be believable to the people who did the huge volume of clicks (i.e., Liverpool fans with no knowledge of the lower leagues). Whether there is anything to back them up is entirely irrelevant.

Before Barnes came to us he was working as a media pundit, and took on an easily available coaching job. If he was looking to make a return to management he would be doing similar things - there are plenty of jobs that might not appeal long-term, but would make him appeal to a club like Wrexham. The fact he's messing around on Big Brother doesn't exactly demonstrate a return to management is on his agenda.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 December, 2018 11:23
Thanks Ross

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 11:45
nteresting...... Very Interesting......

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 12:23
Can you even buy Lucozade in Wrexham?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 16:40
Does he think it feasible to cycle to Wrexham? It's a lot further than cycling from Heswall to PP.!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 20:19
Quote:
TranmereFan

It's in Wales so I think they have a similar product called Leekazade, which is basically carbonated leek content, with a easily absorbed carbohydrate profile. Perfect for keeping you fresher on long distance jogs in Snowdonia or the Brecon Beacons.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 20:20 by Matt34.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2018 20:54
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
TranmereFan

It's in Wales so I think they have a similar product called Leekazade, which is basically carbonated leek content, with a easily absorbed carbohydrate profile. Perfect for keeping you fresher on long distance jogs in Snowdonia or the Brecon Beacons.
You forgot the Clwydian Hills !!!!

rak
rak (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 19:51
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
TranmereFan

You forgot the Clwydian Hills !!!!
and there is the Wrexham half marathon at the end of February - a lovely run

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 17:14
To be fair I reckon Barnes would do really well at Wrexham. At Rovers he had the worst players in the division with low morale, comparatively he will have money to spend at Wrexham with pick of the best non league players. Good luck to him it's a shame to see one of the countries best ever wingers and a pioneer for black football as a bit of the joke he's become with his management failures I hope it goes well if he gets the job. It's time Wrexham were back in the league

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 19:50
Quote:
Higgosboots
To be fair I reckon Barnes would do really well at Wrexham. At Rovers he had the worst players in the division with low morale, comparatively he will have money to spend at Wrexham with pick of the best non league players. Good luck to him it's a shame to see one of the countries best ever wingers and a pioneer for black football as a bit of the joke he's become with his management failures I hope it goes well if he gets the job. It's time Wrexham were back in the league

You've got to remember the club's physio did better than him with the same players. Remember kithson bain?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 21:11
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
Higgosboots

You've got to remember the club's physio did better than him with the same players. Remember kithson bain?

I know but that was in the championship not the pub league

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 22:52
Not it was league one not national league. Although I presume you were being sarcastic not senile.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 12:21
And we were bottom of L1 at the time. So it's probably a very similar standard to NL. That Barnes thought it was OK to run with a youth team keeper all the way through preseason and only signed one a day or two before the season started tells you all you need to know about his all round management skills.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 21:09
Rumour had it he was tardy in offering Danny Coyne anything and Coyne went to Middlesbrough and he supposedly did nothing to keep Ben Chorley was was well regarded, so he went back to a previous club Leyton Orient.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 23:01
Quote:
Matt34
Rumour had it he was tardy in offering Danny Coyne anything and Coyne went to Middlesbrough and he supposedly did nothing to keep Ben Chorley was was well regarded, so he went back to a previous club Leyton Orient.

Don't think much in way of funds were available, so any manager would have struggled....

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 December, 2018 10:01
Come on, he was rubbish, then tried the race card. Yes he may do well elsewhere, but judging him here, there was a lot to be desired.

Fiftyyearsarover

09 December, 2018 13:51
Definitely the worst manager we have ever had and I can start at Dave Russell

cobas
cobas (IP Logged)

09 December, 2018 14:32
if he does not get the Wrexham job, providing he goes for it and he gets an interview, will it because he's black or just sh*t

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

09 December, 2018 15:49
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Definitely the worst manager we have ever had and I can start at Dave Russell
I started with Peter farrell then galbraith who all at the time thought worst ever

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 December, 2018 22:03
Quote:
cobas
providing he goes for it and he gets an interview

He's ruled himself out of it as far as I'm aware so he won't be going for it, unless he suddenly has a u-turn.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

09 December, 2018 22:44
Thanks Matt for a voice of sanity

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net