football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Rock, Paper, Scissors
15 November, 2018 16:26
Has anybody been reading about this referee that has been banned for 3 weeks for not using a coin for the toss up at the start of a game? Absolutely ridiculous to ban him. I will admit to being very critical of some refs at times, but I would defend this one. It happened in a womens match between Man City ladies vs Reading ladies, he had left his coin in the dressing room and when out on the pitch getting ready for the toss up with the 2 team captains he had realized that he had forgotten it, and with the game being televised he had to get the game underway pretty sharpish and had no time to return to the changing room to fetch the coin, so he used rock paper scissors instead with the 2 teams captains in consent. the laws of the game state that - A coin toss to decide kick offs is a requirement, yet a coin is not listed in the rules of the game as being a compulsory item of a refs equipment.. bloody ridiculous to ban him..

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Rock, Paper, Scissors
15 November, 2018 16:43
deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2018 16:44 by hong kong rover.

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

15 November, 2018 17:53
i agree completely. in another womens game at the weekend between Cambridge city and Cambridge united in the fa cup the game is going to be replayed because the pitch was not long enough. city won 2-1, but united complained about the size of the pitch and won their case. in the womens fa cup the pitches should be 64 metres wide and 100 metres in length. I just think that if united knew the pitch was too small why did they play the game in the first place.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

16 November, 2018 10:28
Agree fully, totally farsical. The ref should have asked for a coin from (someone on), the touchline and used that. Laws have to be seen to be kept though, otherwise no point in having them. A case of the ref not 'thinking outside 'the center circle' perhaps??.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net