football
Latest News:

Steve Wilson's pen
Steve Wilson's pen (IP Logged)

FA Cup cash
13 November, 2018 21:29
Without wanting to jinx us for the Oxford replay (divert your eyes if you're superstitious), the FA Cup is now offering us an unexpected opportunity to secure a significant boost towards our ultimate goal of another league promotion.

You know the drill - IF we beat Oxford City and then IF we beat Southport (both two leagues below us), we'd pocket £90,000 in prizemoney, plus £75,000 from the TV replay fee, making a cool £165,000. That's without the gate revenue from 3 games, inc a decent turnout v Southport, pushing it well past £200,000 unaccounted-for income.

And then there would be the possibility of a jackpot draw with a Prem giant in round 3 - with an even bigger gate receipt plus maybe another TV fee - or a winnable tie to pocket a further £135,000 prizemoney etc.

I understand we are also due money from a previous player transfer in January (Max Power?).

All ifs and buts but the FAC alone is really opening up for us to pocket enough money to finance a key signing or two in January and/or a loan signings to really bolster our push towards one of 4 play-off places or even one of 3 automatic promotion slots. Great options compared to Vanarama.

Lincoln's FA Cup run followed by a Wembley success provided the extra cash to finance their league ambitions and they are now favourites to go up as L2 champions.

That's why the Oxford replay is such a massive game. Win that and we could be on the path to a second successive promotion. It's the hope that kills you!

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: FA Cup cash
13 November, 2018 21:37
Please no jinx

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 11:13
hope that's not up the swaneeee

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 12:28
Until the last 3 seasons City have been beaten in the FA Cup by some really crap teams Hinkley, Casharlton, Whitehawk, just to name 3 there were plenty more. (Sm62)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2018 16:04 by jal jal.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 14:15
Since someone pinched my crystal ball out of my shed I am not predicting anything for the FA because my new one was made in China and is letting me down badly so keeping out of tuesdays prediction 🔮

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 21:34
Quote:
paulbyron
hope that's not up the swaneeee

Last time Tranmere played them Cole Stockton scored (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net