football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

FA cup vOxford city
08 November, 2018 17:29
We should win this one with full side but if MM messes with the side could come unstuck so trusting him to do the right thing there will be some usual shocks ,we don’t want to be one of them so will go for a 3-0 win

davep63
davep63 (IP Logged)

Re: FA cup vOxford city
08 November, 2018 20:29
I hate these potential banana skin matches but sayin that if we play a full strenth team I am going for a comfortable win, SWA

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

08 November, 2018 23:29
Expectation is that we should, with a full strength squad, even allowing for loanees being absent, be easily good enough to roll Oxford over 3-0. but its the FA Cup and that is always a leveller. I notice that Rob Sinclair has recently left Oxford so that will diminish their chances, he is a good player as we saw when he was at FGR. Here's hoping for the 3-0 win.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

09 November, 2018 09:09
Quote:
Cybertron
Expectation is that we should, with a full strength squad, even allowing for loanees being absent, be easily good enough to roll Oxford over 3-0. but its the FA Cup and that is always a leveller. I notice that Rob Sinclair has recently left Oxford so that will diminish their chances, he is a good player as we saw when he was at FGR. Here's hoping for the 3-0 win.
Micky has already said he would in pre- match interview. Only McCullough cup tied...

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

09 November, 2018 09:43
Going for 3-0 for this - desperate to go but the planets have to align with:

Baby falling asleep at 11 and waking up at 12
Go and see friends in Thingwall for 2 hours
Get to leave at 2:45 and mention to the wife that she could drop me off at the game

If those 3 personal goals of mine come off then it's written in the stars for a 3-0 win!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 13:29
C'mon Rovers, no messin' about today, 36 grand in the bank and into the hat for the 2nd round draw on Monday.

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 14:45
good strong side Rovers have put out

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 16:01
Sorry Tranmere but this is bad what you are playing like.

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 16:26
bloody hell 2-1 down ffs

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 16:27
Absolute Joke Shop

Fiftyyearsarover

10 November, 2018 16:28
As in Jaws just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water 😡

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 16:39
equalized connor Jennings saving us

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 16:40
WTF 3-2 down

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 16:48
weve equalized blimey

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 16:56
well at least we are in the hat for Mondays 2nd round draw. what was this oxford city hat trick hero like? sign him up lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 16:57 by hong kong rover.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 17:04
More a question of what the hell was the defence doing to concede 3 goals

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 17:29
Quote:
DevonExile
Frankly they were damn lucky it was only 3. If Davies had been as off as the rest of the team they'd have scored 6. Only one side ever looked like winning. Stronger, quicker, more desire, more running off the ball (which wasn't hard as ours was nonexistent). I dont think an appropriate adjective has been invented to describe how abysmal the midfield was.

Gunslinger
Gunslinger (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 17:45
We got out of jail for free today. What a bizarre match! Absolutely no commitment shown by any Rovers players, except perhaps Connor and Davies, Defence appalling. Buxton, Cole, Harris, - woeful contributions, makes me shudder. Banks and even Norwood, a bad day at the office. I think we missed McCullough, he shields the central defence so very well. Need to sign him until the end of the season, if not permanently. As for Jay Harris and Tollitt, the time has come to part company - permanently. Pleased that we clapped off the Oxford City lads because they really deserved to win that game. Let's just hope that it was a one off...

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 18:06
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile
Frankly they were damn lucky it was only 3. If Davies had been as off as the rest of the team they'd have scored 6. Only one side ever looked like winning. Stronger, quicker, more desire, more running off the ball (which wasn't hard as ours was nonexistent). I dont think an appropriate adjective has been invented to describe how abysmal the midfield was.

+1. Oxford City were a credit to themselves and the National League South. They showed some real quality and deserved to win. Rightly applauded off the pitch by many at the end.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 18:47
Oxford do deserve credit. Their closing down contributed to our under par performance. I don't remember Norwood getting behind them once except for the one he got flagged for

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 18:49
Banks was poor today no he was@#$%&is a better way of putting as for the rest not much better, don't like Harris think Gilmour should have played from the start after all we we're playing a side 61 places below us.

Why did we keep playing high ball's into their defence when Norwood and others didn't win one or it felt like they didn't win much of them.

Perhaps the team thought they were playing Forest Green perhaps they we're they were
not playing the team in front of them today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 18:52 by BELMONT.

Fiftyyearsarover

10 November, 2018 18:50
No matter what Cup competition we have played in this season we have been abysmal understand the other comps but the FA Cup is different it’s all about making money ,let’s hope today was a blip ,lucky to survive to fight again but well done Oxford city great performance and deserved the ovation at the end .fair play to SWA .rovers failed to heed the warning about being complacent to lower League sides ..

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 18:58
Banks was awful today. I couldn't work why he wasn't taken off. I can't remember a pass he played to a white shirt and it want all down to being closed down. He contributed to at least one of their goals, but redeemed himself slightly with the free kick for the equaliser. He was also pushed off the ball continually.

Their no 9 was great. Gave Steve and Manny a torrid time all afternoon, but pretty much all their players had good games. They'll be travelling back disappointed really. We were there for the taking.

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 19:14
Last season we went to Peterborough in the FA Cup, we were far the better team on the day, created loads of chances but came away with just a draw. Peterborough fans saying they were lucky to get a draw after the game. In the replay, class told and Peterborough were worthy winners. These things can happen in The FA Cup, let’s hope our class tells in the replay.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 19:33
Quote:
Gunslinger
We got out of jail for free today. What a bizarre match! Absolutely no commitment shown by any Rovers players, except perhaps Connor and Davies, Defence appalling. Buxton, Cole, Harris, - woeful contributions, makes me shudder. Banks and even Norwood, a bad day at the office. I think we missed McCullough, he shields the central defence so very well. Need to sign him until the end of the season, if not permanently. As for Jay Harris and Tollitt, the time has come to part company - permanently. Pleased that we clapped off the Oxford City lads because they really deserved to win that game. Let's just hope that it was a one off...

+1
Firstly,well done to Oxford-you were great,very unlucky not to win,miles better than us and should have won by at least three or four. Harris was a disaster-2 shocking tackles in the first half-at fault for at least one of their goals. Buxton was a total shambles-got skinned every time their number 7 ran at him-so slow it was unbelievable.

McNulty and Monthe couldn't cope with their nippy little forwards who ran them ragged-kept the ball on the floor and ran fast at them.

Banks was at fault for their second goal and misplaced so many passes-really missed McCulloch-but put over a great cross for our second goal.

Cole tried but got nowhere. Mullin should have been left on IMO-left us short up front.Putting Tollitt on at half time with the game very much in the balance was a very odd decision

Norwood got absolutely no service-mostly overhit balls when he had his back to their goal

We used up a good portion of our seasons luck today-surely we can't play as badly as that again.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 19:34
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile

+1. Oxford City were a credit to themselves and the National League South. They showed some real quality and deserved to win. Rightly applauded off the pitch by many at the end.

+1.Richly deserved applause.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 19:35
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile

And the clueless defence

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 19:38
Firstly like other posters have to say Oxford City were immense - came to play football - closed down so well, well organised through out with 2 banks of 4 and very little time wasting - still going for the outright win at the end. Fast inventive and on their game - they should have won today no doubt about it and were a credit to the NL South.
Now as for us this became an absolute horror show - only Davies played remotely well. True we started well and looked a class above but there was an element of showboating as if we were destined to win easily.
The number of times we passed the ball around our own area I lost count- we would never have done that in L2 so why the hell did they do this - yes we all know the answer they thought they were a cut above! Personally I would be tempted to fine all players aside from Davies 2 weeks wages for lack of effort/ acceptable performance.
Even MM had a shocker - why on earth he brought on Tollitt at half time I have no idea - he needs to go out on loan and not come back until he has found some form - he did nothing.
MM and Steve awful and arguing amongst themselves, Banks starting to believe the hype - so many fancy passes went straight to an Oxford player and gifted them the second goal. Harris lucky to miss connecting with a couple of reckless challenges- should never have started ahead of Gilmour in my view. Mullin did absolutely nothing and Norwood was caught offside way too often. Many will hate me saying this on here I know, but we missed Stockton today as we kept pumping balls up forward with nobody to get onto them so they came straight back at us.
I can honestly say I was embarrassed being a Tranmere fan today - yes we should have expected they would raise their game but to be outplayed for much of the game is so so disappointing. The only saving grace is we kept going and we are still in the hat though we don't deserve to be..
Anyway to anyone still reading this, sorry for my rant but given how well we have shown we can play this season, today was just not acceptable to me. That's it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 19:40 by ADD.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:06
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile

Agree

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:11
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile

Agree

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:16
As I say...Joke Shop

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:20
I'll echo the sentiments already posted . Worst performance I've seen all season . Nobody to a man turned up today . Great credit to Oxford for coming to play and not just throw a bank of five in front of the back four in the hope of getting a lucky goal or ( as they have ) a replay . Their Number 7 and number 9 ran our defence ragged all afternoon , they were far too quick for us and led McNulty a merry dance . The only saving grace is that we're still in the cup ( don't know how ) and we can't possibly play as bad again .........Can We ?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:37
Well done Scotty.Without you we would have been truly stuffed. Congratulations to Oxford.You deserve great praise and in truth a place in the next round

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:38
Fair play to Oxford excellent performance but, why should we be surprised, we have beaten enough Premiership and Championship sides in the past to know if your standards and attitude are not 100% you risk a performance like todays.

Very disappointed with Donny (I know he is their player) but,all indications are Mc Culloch will sign in January, their manager has already stated he doesn't fit into his plans. We probably missed him the most today.

In addition, I like Bucko but, his no left back and his lack of pace was cruelly exposed. If Zoom is fit enough for the bench, MM should have made a tactical substitution to try and negate their winger. Zoom has to play in the replay and probably at Crewe as well, we need his pace and he is a left footer.

Finally, do Oxford City have a plastic pitch?

MESSAGES->author

10 November, 2018 20:43
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile

And the clueless defence

I'm giving some credit to the opposition here. Their no. 9 was immense and never gave the back line a second's peace plus showed some real ability, not to mention an eye for goal. The defence got sod all help from midfield, who really did play like they had a divine right to coast through the game yet continually gave the ball away.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 20:49
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
DevonExile

And the clueless defence

I'm giving some credit to the opposition here. Their no. 9 was immense and never gave the back line a second's peace plus showed some real ability, not to mention an eye for goal. The defence got sod all help from midfield, who really did play like they had a divine right to coast through the game yet continually gave the ball away.

Buxton won't get a bigger runaround and roasting than he got today from the number 7 [Nombe?] who left him standing on many occasions.It looked like a fit youngster running past a fat pensioner at times.Embarrassing. And don't even start me on Harris.............

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 21:09
Missed McCullough in defensive central midfield role.

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 21:16
Not to just echo previous comments but we were absolutely woeful today, missed Mcullough and Bakayogo massively today and feel we would've won the game comfortably with them in the team, Harris, Banks and Buxton all absolutely woeful, complacent and did not look up for it one bit, Banks especially could be singled out as the oppositions best player, need to take the replay very seriously or we are going to be embarrassed by an opposing team who are simply quicker, sharper and more up for it than we are.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 21:29
Quote:
dnors
Not to just echo previous comments but we were absolutely woeful today, missed Mcullough and Bakayogo massively today and feel we would've won the game comfortably with them in the team, Harris, Banks and Buxton all absolutely woeful, complacent and did not look up for it one bit, Banks especially could be singled out as the oppositions best player, need to take the replay very seriously or we are going to be embarrassed by an opposing team who are simply quicker, sharper and more up for it than we are.

I saw Zoom's face as he watched Gilmour getting ready to come on as our final sub,realising that he was not going to be used despite Buxton's continuing appalling travails-it was total bemusement like ''at least I can run as fast as their number 7''

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

10 November, 2018 21:49
Didn't see that myself Hoots as was in kop end but can imagine he must have been thinking what game is Mickey watching as Buxton was ran ragged all game, just hope appropriate changes are made for the replay and our quality can shine through, really gotta be putting teams on their level to the sword at home

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 00:18
buxton today would struggle to get a game for Mersey royal looked unfit him & monthe just stared at each other each time they attacked down their side, I would have put mullin closer to nors not take him off,as others have said harris & tollit need to go they offer nothihg,credit to oxford they looked like the league team too many billy big heads in the rovers side today, nors lucky not to get a red for pushing their player over the wall, a stupid petulant act

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 00:32
Quote:
dnors
agree with most banks not good but made2goals

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 08:32
Perhaps it was a useful game in that it exposed weaknesses that might otherwise be ignored.We have looked vulnerable against pace before and there is a limit in such situations to how many slow defenders you can carry regardless of their otherwise individual skills. This was a team that is hardly setting the national south alight and so defects are down to our own inadequacies.
Many posters seem to think that Tollits performances are down to a lack of confidence. Sadly,it is more likely to be a permanent consequence of an injury that is restricting his ability to replicate the athleticism of old, In the national I was a fan of Harris but his recklessness is as much a consequence of not quite matching Div 2 standards as much as it is about being hot headed..
With the exception of McCullough none of the loan players have looked like regular 90 minute a game players and I wonder if in January we will see a further restructuring at the margins. Today's game exposed limitations in midfield but it is marginal adjustment and not a crisis

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 09:00
I’ve always been first to defend Harris, but yesterday he was bad. I thought he would have come off at HT, and when he didn’t, I expected him to get sent off. I agree with the others, him and Ben are done for now. That said the defence was a joke also. I believe MP was in the changing room after ripping them all a new bum hole. Big money at stake.

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 09:14
Quote:
aktrfc
I’ve always been first to defend Harris, but yesterday he was bad. I thought he would have come off at HT, and when he didn’t, I expected him to get sent off. I agree with the others, him and Ben are done for now. That said the defence was a joke also. I believe MP was in the changing room after ripping them all a new bum hole. Big money at stake.
Cracking turn of phrase at the end there and certainly hope it's true 1-11 not good enough today and will need to be better both against Crewe and in the replay or things could begin to unravel.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 10:43
Quote:
ADD
Firstly like other posters have to say Oxford City were immense - came to play football - closed down so well, well organised through out with 2 banks of 4 and very little time wasting - still going for the outright win at the end. Fast inventive and on their game - they should have won today no doubt about it and were a credit to the NL South.
Now as for us this became an absolute horror show - only Davies played remotely well. True we started well and looked a class above but there was an element of showboating as if we were destined to win easily.
The number of times we passed the ball around our own area I lost count- we would never have done that in L2 so why the hell did they do this - yes we all know the answer they thought they were a cut above! Personally I would be tempted to fine all players aside from Davies 2 weeks wages for lack of effort/ acceptable performance.
Even MM had a shocker - why on earth he brought on Tollitt at half time I have no idea - he needs to go out on loan and not come back until he has found some form - he did nothing.
MM and Steve awful and arguing amongst themselves, Banks starting to believe the hype - so many fancy passes went straight to an Oxford player and gifted them the second goal. Harris lucky to miss connecting with a couple of reckless challenges- should never have started ahead of Gilmour in my view. Mullin did absolutely nothing and Norwood was caught offside way too often. Many will hate me saying this on here I know, but we missed Stockton today as we kept pumping balls up forward with nobody to get onto them so they came straight back at us.
I can honestly say I was embarrassed being a Tranmere fan today - yes we should have expected they would raise their game but to be outplayed for much of the game is so so disappointing. The only saving grace is we kept going and we are still in the hat though we don't deserve to be..
Anyway to anyone still reading this, sorry for my rant but given how well we have shown we can play this season, today was just not acceptable to me. That's it!

+1

Fiftyyearsarover

11 November, 2018 11:02
Just watched the video ,defence absolutely woeful ,I think they thought they only had to turn up to win ,complete wrong mind set .its been shown time and time again in the FA cup over many years you must treat the so called lesser teams with respect and the game as a League game which means best players and full commitment I really hope MP did tear a strip off them after the game .not good enough boys

MESSAGES->author

11 November, 2018 12:05
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Fair play to Oxford excellent performance but, why should we be surprised, we have beaten enough Premiership and Championship sides in the past to know if your standards and attitude are not 100% you risk a performance like todays.
Very disappointed with Donny (I know he is their player) but,all indications are Mc Culloch will sign in January, their manager has already stated he doesn't fit into his plans. We probably missed him the most today.

In addition, I like Bucko but, his no left back and his lack of pace was cruelly exposed. If Zoom is fit enough for the bench, MM should have made a tactical substitution to try and negate their winger. Zoom has to play in the replay and probably at Crewe as well, we need his pace and he is a left footer.

yes, I am pretty sure it is a state of the art 3G pitch at Oxford City.. I am sure that I read somewhere that when Rovers were in the VNL and playing an important game down south somewhere and staying overnight ( cant remember where and which game ) we used and trained on the facilities and pitch at Oxford City. I am pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 12:07 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

11 November, 2018 13:09
FA Cup 2nd round draw tmrw night. Hope we don't get Peterborough. I've just been looking at Peterborough v Tranmere head to head and since 2004 we have met in the FA Cup a total of 7 times ( 2 of those were replays ) and we haven't won a single one of those games. Gotta get past oxford city first though before thinking about 2nd round.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 13:15
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

yes, I am pretty sure it is a state of the art 3G pitch at Oxford City.. I am sure that I read somewhere that when Rovers were in the VNL and playing an important game down south somewhere and staying overnight ( cant remember where and which game ) we used and trained on the facilities and pitch at Oxford City. I am pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Wasn’t it when we played Sutton

MESSAGES->author

11 November, 2018 13:43
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Wasn’t it when we played Sutton

yes I think it was Sutton utd just before last xmas when we won 3-1 there. I am pretty convinced that we used the facilities n pitch at oxford city in prep for that Sutton game. I know I read it somewhere.

MESSAGES->author

11 November, 2018 14:42
Maybe the replay at Oxford City will have a good chance of being televised live..There will be 4 first round replays involving non-league sides at home to league opposition..

Oxford City v Tranmere Rovers
Hartlepool Utd v Gillingham
Halifax Town v Morecambe
Salford City v Shrewsbury Town

I would say the games at Oxford City and Salford City have a good chance of being shown live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 14:46 by hong kong rover.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 15:07
McNulty wont be playing. Always got rested v Sutton as his knees cant take the 3G pitch

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 16:38
Quote:
Uptonrover
McNulty wont be playing. Always got rested v Sutton as his knees cant take the 3G pitch

After yesterday,it will probably be better if he isn't.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

11 November, 2018 18:16
I've got a feeling we'll draw Sunderland in the next round...

MESSAGES->author

12 November, 2018 08:04
Ive just been reading up a little about the history of Oxford City and see that they were once managed by one of Englands finest ever footballers, Bobby Moore, although I dont think he lasted very long there.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 09:45
We should make enquiries over signing their number 9 he took his goals really well, no messing about. Looked quick and mobile, up front is an area in which we are light, there are very few options to mix it up and change the game. He looked a real class act that 9.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 09:55
Quote:
Hardly Irons

Apart from having good fortune of still being in the hat after Saturday keeping us still in the draw we have to in a week's time turn up at Oxford City.

Don't turn up we can forget Sunderland or even Southport.

MESSAGES->author

12 November, 2018 10:01
Quote:
Higgosboots
We should make enquiries over signing their number 9 he took his goals really well, no messing about. Looked quick and mobile, up front is an area in which we are light, there are very few options to mix it up and change the game. He looked a real class act that 9.

It's always wrong to judge players on a single game - good or bad - but if he can do that regularly he is for sure playing at a level well below his capability.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 10:26
Quote:
Higgosboots

Think it helped the lad playing against McNulty and one or to others in defence he was just to quick outpaced certainly McNultly and showed a clean pair of heelsto the rest of our defence,can't let that happen again in the return match.

MESSAGES->author

12 November, 2018 10:47
On the subject of Oxford and that neck of the woods, see that Swindle Town sacked manager Phil Brown today.

MESSAGES->author

12 November, 2018 11:40
Quote:
hong kong rover
On the subject of Oxford and that neck of the woods, see that Swindle Town sacked manager Phil Brown today.
I'm just devastated by this news HKR! LOL(Sm161)

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 13:16
Quote:
Higgosboots

Number 7 was their best player-had Buxton on toast.I believe he might be on loan from MKD to them?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 19:58
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgosboots

Number 7 was their best player-had Buxton on toast.I believe he might be on loan from MKD to them?

He was very good

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 20:00
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Higgosboots

It's always wrong to judge players on a single game - good or bad - but if he can do that regularly he is for sure playing at a level well below his capability.

It can be, but it’s difficult with any player at that level, all I would say is he offered far more potential than we saw in Greene, Alabi, or the one who’s name I can’t remeber from Chorley, Stephenson?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 20:51
I see the replay has been selected by BT Sport 1 for coverage.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 November, 2018 21:48
Quote:
Phil65
I see the replay has been selected by BT Sport 1 for coverage.

Yes-us on the Tuesday and Salford v Shrewsbury on the Wednesday. Excellent news. Hopefully Southport at home beckons.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 00:01
Quote:
Higgosboots
It can be, but it’s difficult with any player at that level, all I would say is he offered far more potential than we saw in Greene, Alabi, or the one who’s name I can’t remeber from Chorley, Stephenson?

Stephenson scored 17 goals in one season at NLN level playing wide not as a striker. He was not given a fair hearing at Tranmere I feel.

Currently barring the hattrick that Tshimanga got, he has scored twice in 13 prior games and has also played for 10 clubs in total onnly scoring for 3 of them and this statistic last season 2017–2018 Boston United 34 games (8) goals, isn't much indication he's league potential.

I am in agreement that one game means nothing.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 08:53
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Higgosboots

I thought Stephenson wasn't given a fair chance here,but having seen him play for Stockport v Chorley the same night we played City[he was poor and subbed at half time],the right decision was made.

Regarding Oxford City,I thought the number 7 was their best player.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 09:40
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Hardly Irons

Apart from having good fortune of still being in the hat after Saturday keeping us still in the draw we have to in a week's time turn up at Oxford City.

Don't turn up we can forget Sunderland or even Southport.

God I'm almost physic(Sm81),next thing I'll be getting my Lotto number's rightconfused smiley if only.

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 10:17
How much money do we get for being on TV, the poor performance could be a blessing in disguise

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 11:00
Hopefully more than the VNL which, I believe was 6K for the home team not sure about the away teams?

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 11:20
£75,000 we get, due to that performance on Saturday.

If we make the 3rd round, we'll have £165,000 in prize and TV money from the cup round. We do have to win two games to make that happen, but it shows how valuable the equaliser on Saturday could be.

MESSAGES->author

13 November, 2018 12:12
If Rovers lose the replay next week then what a massive disappointment that will be but more importantly what a magnificent opportunity blown. The FA Cup Is extra lucrative this year.It can be a great leveller at times but the 1st and 2nd round draws could not have been any kinder to us. 2 home games at Prenton vs non league opposition that are both lower than VNL status...Rovers have a great chance of advancing in the competition and with the FA doubling the prize money this year, the possibility of more money being made from TV and the chance of a huge money spinning 3rd round tie and raising the profile of the club, there is a lot to be made, gained and earnt..if we fail at oxford city it wont just be disappointment , humiliation and embarrassment , it will be a massive opportunity lost to possibly earn some big big money..DONT BLOW IT ROVERS..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 13:16 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

13 November, 2018 12:19
If we do progress to the 3rd round and we dont get a big club in the draw, but get a club on a similar level to us then we can still earn a significant amount of money by winning that 3rd round tie. DO NOT LOSE AT OXFORD CITY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net