football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

tranmere rovers - north west rivals
04 November, 2018 18:26
seeing that we now have a free 7 days before our next match, I am hoping to start a debate about which of our north west rivals all tranmere rovers fans hate the most. over the past 20 to 25 years we have played so many north west teams, but if you ask me the teams I hate the most are Bolton wanderers, everton, and Wrexham. there are also 2 more teams I hate who are not from the north west, swindle town and Leicester city. it seems every single time we play swindle and Leicester things go wrong and we get beat. Leicester cheated us in the play off semi, then beat us in the cup final, and swindle swindled us in the play off semi then turned the lights off when aldo had 2 goals. but nothing can beat the hate I have for Bolton and everton.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: tranmere rovers - north west rivals
04 November, 2018 18:33
I don't hate anyone.

I just support my team.

Have a go at this yourself and you might feel better.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 18:36
Get where your coming from with them baldy and I’d have them on my list of dislikes.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 19:32
I'll say one thing baldy one your posts are never boring!!! but to enter into the spirit Oldham, Macclesfield & blackpool not my favourite teams

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 19:45
I don't hate any team-dislike some but hate?-give over.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 19:54
I dislike people who write stupid posts.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 20:04
Errrrrm the shafts camel laird not saying mersey royal might get me ed kicked in .

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 20:51
"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear".
I'd rather relish and revel in the rivalry (now, there's a tongue twister!).
I'm going to hate it when Oldham bring 1500 supporters to PP, adding to the tension, anticipation, atmosphere, drama and the satisfaction in victory; not to mention the small matter of additional income. Damn these North West rivalries! In fact, I hate them so much, I wish we could play our despicable rivals every week.
Baldy, you've got to love Bolton, Everton and Wrexham for providing us with some of our most memorable victories; don't bite the hand that feeds you!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 01:27
Bolton, PERIOD.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 02:15
I will never forget those as*hole Bolton fans at Wembley in the play off final. They were so arrogant and cocksure. We even had quite a few of them coming up to me and my 2 pals ( wearing our Rovers shirts ) outside the stadium before the game, shaking our hands and saying ' hard luck lads, better luck next year.' And they were saying this with an unbelievable arrogance.. They were so sure that they were going to beat little old Tranmere..Some Rovers fans on this forum said that the week before in the Leyland DAF final vs Birmingham, that the Brummie fans were even worse. I didnt see it like that at all, The Brummies I met before the game were fine. A couple of them said to me ' Good luck today, may the best team win.' One of the Brummies even said ' We know todays game is nowhere near as important to you as next weeks final versus Bolton and I sincerely hope you beat them next week..' They disliked Bolton as much as we did, lol.. Going back to the Bolton final itself, that is the most drained ive ever been watching the Rovers. My voice was so hoarse at the end of the game and when that final whistle went it was sheer EUPHORIA. Stuff you Phil Neal and your arrogant b*stard fans..I remember walking back down Wembley Way after the game with Rovers fans on one side and Bolton on the other with a thin line of Met Police separating us and the Bolton fans were mightily p*ssed off and singing ' Lets all stab a scouser, Lets all stab a scouser La la la la, la la la la...'We just laughed at them, lol..brilliant..Anyway, me n my 2 pals got on the tube and hit the West End..we got absolutely sloshed that night. MAGIC.

PS. Those Birmingham fans before that Leyland DAF were ok, if we had beaten them though then it could have been a different story meeting them after the game.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 05:19 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 08:49
Agree HKR that Bolton playoff final was the most nail biting game ever once Malkin scored time just stood still ,on the way home there was 5of us in my car and we had hung the scarf back on to car and coming home on the M 40 we were passed by a couple of Bolton coaches and it was likes a chimps tea party swarming all over coach windows v signs they were blue in the face with temper it was quite funny ,I am not like HKR who celebrated in the west end in style we dined in the now defunct Little Chef near Whitchurch ,I.dislike Bolton and Man U next best nail biter was the Aston Villa replay nearly had a heart attack watching the penalty shoot out we should have won happy days

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 09:08
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Agree HKR that Bolton playoff final was the most nail biting game ever once Malkin scored time just stood still ,on the way home there was 5of us in my car and we had hung the scarf back on to car and coming home on the M 40 we were passed by a couple of Bolton coaches and it was likes a chimps tea party swarming all over coach windows v signs they were blue in the face with temper it was quite funny ,I am not like HKR who celebrated in the west end in style we dined in the now defunct Little Chef near Whitchurch ,I.dislike Bolton and Man U next best nail biter was the Aston Villa replay nearly had a heart attack watching the penalty shoot out we should have won happy days

Lol, nice one Fifty, chimps tea party, lol...thats exactly what they are - A load of monkeys.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 09:41
There wasnt any trouble with those Bolton fans down Wembley Way after the game but it was simmering a bit..One Bolton idiot stepped out and briskly walked over to us Rovers fans on the other side trying to be brave , and this big Birkenhead lad stepped out n confronted him with the words 'F*ck off you Bolton tw*t.' The Bolton idiot soon backed off.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 09:52
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Sorry to disagree but May 12th 2018 Borehamwood will never be beaten for me as the most nail biting game ever .The others don't even come close.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 09:54
Hi hoots , I'd say Bolton n Borehamwood on a par. A shuddering nervous wreck in both of them lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 10:04 by hong kong rover.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 10:08
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hi hoots , I'd say Bolton n Borehamwood on a par.
Hi HKR
Not remotely for me. What the Borehamwood win meant for the club and what it would have meant if we'd have lost are the big difference. Also playing in such an important game for 102 minutes with 10 men and overcoming all the odds just feels indescribably good even nearly six months after it happened.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 10:12
Probably Borehamwood would just edge it..I was younger at the Bolton final and full of joy once the final whistle had gone whereas borehamwood I got a little emotional after the whistle had blown and not afraid to admit I had a little tear in my eye..I also remember the words of Mark Palios after the defeat at Plymouth which saw us lose our league status - ' This is a sad day for this proud old club.' Just reading those words brought a different type of tear to my eye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 10:24 by hong kong rover.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 10:58
was at all the games mentioned above, but last years wembley was something else.

we were a club with decades of failure, we had the previous year's final which was a soggy, deflated casey of a final for us and boreham was the end of an arduous season that was so sluggish upto december that the season felt like extracting a wet welly from mudbath, slow, dirty and in no way thrilling. last season was a chore.

and at the end we had wembley.

the sending of, the injuries, the equaliser if ever there was a time were the players and fans could have been forgiven for laying down and allowing what was obviously fate, bad luck, everything going against us to just run its course of inevitable disappointment then it was then: 10 men, no subs, no legs, no hope.

but that's not how it happened. halfway through the second half the players and fans synced in a perceptible way. there was an energy in that crowd that i haven't experienced outside the realms of psychoactive drugs.

norwoods goal was an explosion of emotion for everyone, but there was a more spontaneous eruption of noise caused by one of their players over hitting a pass to scotty. we knew they were there for the taking and that the players would need us, there was a noise from us that swept right round our half of the ground. it must have seemed strange to the boreham fans and players - watching the game back even the commentators mention the moment - and our players definitely responded.

it was an important game in terms of our literal status as a club. but i think it cemented something between us all. see ginelly's non celebration whenj he scored against us. see the lack of condemnation of errors from the crowd, when 12 months ago the crowd would turn edgy at a poor throw in.

anyone who was there will know what i'm talking about. that goal and the minutes afterwards have imprinted on me. i was with some people who are very important to me, and it's not a moment i will forget nor one i can recall without a very visceral sense of being back there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 11:00 by mrGr33n13.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 11:07
Without doubt the Borehamwood final was a lot more important with regards to the future of the club, but I was still an utter shuddering bag of nerves at both borehamwood n bolton.

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 11:23
The Exeter '87 game isnt far behind, but at least with the Exeter game , we still had those 4 other relegation games that were played the day after to fall back on if we hadnt beaten Exeter. Different with the Wembley games though, Win or bust..

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 15:00
Lucky ,to have gone to all the Tranmere Wembley finals.The most epic for me was the
Borehamwood playoff Final it was torture.
It was not helped by a Big Bloke from Hong Kong standing in the Row in front of me crying for joy.Checked the predition league HKR mate.

Keep the Faith

05 November, 2018 15:07
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hi hoots , I'd say Bolton n Borehamwood on a par.
Hi HKR
Not remotely for me. What the Borehamwood win meant for the club and what it would have meant if we'd have lost are the big difference. Also playing in such an important game for 102 minutes with 10 men and overcoming all the odds just feels indescribably good even nearly six months after it happened.

+1 x 1000%

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 20:53
After Rovers - Manchester City (from the 1970's).
Enjoy - Any team that plays decent football without playing Dirty (on or off the field), & having officials that seem to side with them.
Dispise - Man Utd & Wrexham (arrogant Druids). plus Shrewsbury / Everton (past era - always remember George Yardley),

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 22:51
Quote:
WWStandsure
Enjoy - Any team that plays decent football without playing Dirty (on or off the field), & having officials that seem to side with them.
Dispise - Man Utd & Wrexham (arrogant Druids). plus Shrewsbury / Everton (past era - always remember George Yardley),

The Alf Wood/George Yardley incident was 50 years ago.Talk about bearing a grudge.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 November, 2018 08:53
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
WWStandsure

The Alf Wood/George Yardley incident was 50 years ago.Talk about bearing a grudge.
I was at that game at shrews on a tue nite .the everton game was coming up on the sat and the league made us play.a sickening tackle by wood in yardleys kidneys nearly ended his career. Alf wood wasn't allowed to play at ppark in return fixture such was the outcry from rovers fans.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

06 November, 2018 17:42
Yes he ended yardleys playing carter
I always feel that a football career a short one
Players cut off in their prime like yardley were Bobby Tynan and Mark hilditch

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 November, 2018 18:24
Quote:
bheadlad
Yes he ended yardleys playing carter
I always feel that a football career a short one
Players cut off in their prime like yardley were Bobby Tynan and Mark hilditch
he did make a comeback after a long layoff and scored goals but was never the same

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

06 November, 2018 21:26
He wasn’t the same but it really put our supporters back up and that is why it is remembered

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

07 November, 2018 09:25
The Bolton and Boreham games were equally tense but for contrasting reasons.The Bolton game was about getting to a level that for all but a few elderly supporters was a foreign land.The Boreham game was about returning us to a level that all but the youngest of supporters would remember and crave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net