football
Latest News:

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Elvis Costello
03 November, 2018 21:58
Does he have any commitment to the club still?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: Elvis Costello
03 November, 2018 21:59
Saw him at the Crewe game in the checkatrade.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 22:02
Nice one

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 22:29
Perhaps it’s me but you don’t hear much of him these days forgive my ignorance is he still performing I am into many types of music but nothing specific if you discount the 60s I am quite shocked I liked Noah and the whale does that make me cool ?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 23:21
Sure is although think he cancelled a recent tour with cancer but is back fighting fit.

His album North from a few years ago is one of his best

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 23:23
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Perhaps it’s me but you don’t hear much of him these days forgive my ignorance is he still performing I am into many types of music but nothing specific if you discount the 60s I am quite shocked I liked Noah and the whale does that make me cool ?
Kind of semi cool fifty ! Saw them at the Stanley Theatre a number of years ago - really good live . This week I've been to Tom Robinson , First Aid Kit , Lord Huron and Kacey Musgraves tonight . On the subject of Elvis Costello , he's a big red . He famously delayed a gig whilst he watched the 2005 champions league final . I think his dad was a Tranmere fan .

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 09:43
Thanks uglybob at my time of life semi cool will do for me ,l will find a Noah and the whale tune and what do you say ,make some moves ,if my new knee will let me ,😀

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 19:31
Elvis Costello?? Don't start me talking, I could talk all night....

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 21:09
My one time in the lounge after a game Elvis was there but this is back when Alan Mahon first signed for the club. His land lady got us in. Fifty my wife and I saw Tom Robinson in London for the 40th anniversary gig for Power in the Darkness.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 00:08
Quote:
Yiggsy
Elvis Costello?? Don't start me talking, I could talk all night....
didn't he write ollie banks army.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 01:38
If we get through to the FA Cup 3rd round then ' I don't want to go to Chelsea.'

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 01:49
What Birkenhead needs is a helluva lot more ' Shipbuilding.'

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 02:53
I think this has been done on the forum before but we could start it up again.. Movies with the names of Rovers/Ex Rovers players in the name of the film title..I will start off with..

Cole Stockton starring alongside Vinny Jones in that crime/gangsta film , 'Lock, Stockton and two smoking barrels.'

Eddie Clarke appearing in that Stanley Kubrick cult classic ' A Clarkework Orange.'

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 03:26
Ian Goodison alongside Clint Eastwood in ' The Goodison the bad and the ugly.'

MESSAGES->author

05 November, 2018 04:31
At work and completely bored off my nut, only 4 hours into the working week and ive had enough, just thinking of Rovers players and the movies...70s Rovers player Steve Craven starring with Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep in ' Craven vs Craven.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 04:50 by hong kong rover.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 06:44
Shipbuilding is haunting. One of the great songs, hits you right in the gut. There's a Livy version of YouTube where Costello plays it on a guitar in front of Kirsty Wark. She looks like she has fallen in love by the end of the song.

Who can blame her?

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 21:00
Always recall meeting his (Irish), father in Manchester years ago, Top Chap, very pleasant to talk to, even sang 'Danny Boy' to a mate I was having a pint with (it was his birthday), very good singer (perhaps where Elvis got his 'voice' from).

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

05 November, 2018 21:51
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Shipbuilding is haunting. One of the great songs, hits you right in the gut. There's a Livy version of YouTube where Costello plays it on a guitar in front of Kirsty Wark. She looks like she has fallen in love by the end of the song.
Who can blame her?

Most haunting tune I've ever heard by Costello and one of the best covers of all time has to be Gloomy Sunday.

[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net