football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Exeter city
02 November, 2018 08:00
This will be a good indicator we’re we are in terms of progression ,if we can get a win to go with Beating Lincoln we are on our way .Lincoln Having a blip at the moment ,no doubt ours is yet to come so chance to sneak up on them ,Lincoln v. FGR and rovers v Exeter ,important weekend .can go anyway this game so I will go for a 1-1 or 2-2 SWA

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Exeter city
02 November, 2018 08:59
Also if we can get the three points tomorrow the remaining games of the calender year appear to be, on paper and league position at least, relatively kind. I know it probably wont work out like that but there are some very winable games coming up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 09:00 by Uptonrover.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 09:57
never expecting the team selection or tactics last week it will be interesting what this week will bring I,m sure the lads will be buzzing after the crawley game will sit on the fence and go for 2-2 but like all on here will be made up with 3pts

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 10:47
Back to the 1-0 grinding with Nors showing why they should never have let him go. Think we'll be putting in the same type of performance as against Lincoln.

02 November, 2018 12:57
Clean sheet with Lord N scoring the winner - that'd do me. Spesherly if he scores with a one-on-one with the keeper - seems to be one of (his only?) weak spot. Oh yeah, talking of spots, he's missed the odd penno, too. Still be first name on the team sheet for me, though.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 13:21
A narrow win for TRFC, and even though FGR are going well I reckon Lincoln will get back on track.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 14:03
Hope the IMPS do them .For some reason actually despiSe FGR !!!

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 14:42
Hi Everyone
I hope we beat FGR & Tranmere beat Exeter, this leagues anyones for the taking at the present time, we've all got to hope the bad patch doesn't come on the run in, and that we are having ours now.
Hi Hardly 1-0 wins get the same pts value as a 6-0, so if that's what it his just accept the 3pts gratefully (Sm15)

Hi Dicko we do the same I think mainly the manager for his attitude.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 14:46 by jal jal.

MESSAGES->author

02 November, 2018 15:26
On the subject of Exeter, their defeat at home to FGR last week was on the day that their new stand was opened at their ground.. Did anyone see the Exeter goal last week? a last minute utter howler from the FGR keeper.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 17:17
Quote:
jal jal
Hi Everyone
I hope we beat FGR & Tranmere beat Exeter, this leagues anyones for the taking at the present time, we've all got to hope the bad patch doesn't come on the run in, and that we are having ours now.
Hi Hardly 1-0 wins get the same pts value as a 6-0, so if that's what it his just accept the 3pts gratefully (Sm15)

hi jal jal wasn,t it the game last season fgr v Lincoln that cooper tried to board your team coach after swearing at a young supporter on the way? even the fgr fans were ashamed hope my facts are right

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 17:19
Think it'll be tight.going 1-0 Rovers.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 19:56
Quote:
paulbyron
Quote:
jal jal
Hi Everyone

hi jal jal wasn,t it the game last season fgr v Lincoln that cooper tried to board your team coach after swearing at a young supporter on the way? even the fgr fans were ashamed hope my facts are right

Hi Paul
I couldn't quite remember exactly myself, but I did ask on Lincoln Vitals and the only reply I have received up to now is the following.

Thought that was at our place last season. The young fan made a remark and Cooper swore at him before escaping on to the bus, before the kids dad could get at him...(something like that)
But someone will come up with the correct version more than likely because it's Cooper

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 22:20
thanks jal jal wasn,t sure whether you were home or away only remembering it on the fgr forum, to be fair the fgr fans were embarrassed by his behaviour hope you see them off sat.

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2018 05:36
C'mon the Rovers! A win today and other results go in our favour, then we are right in the hunt.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 08:49
Over the last couple of seasons Exeters best performances have often be away from home.Yhey are a well organised side and despite the loss of several players to MK they continue to look good.Given that so many players do not want to go to the SW it is remarkable that they have been so durable in recent seasons. In part it is the consequence of a good development programme.They are,a better footballing team than Newport and so it suggests a tough game.Despite that I think that we can win.To do so would certainly consolidate a belief that we could be contenders

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 09:23
I think the boys will be well up for it today . Gone for a 3-0 win .

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2018 15:30
yesss 1 up , get in Nors, cmon the Rovers!

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2018 15:34
as it stands we are in 3rd place auto promotion spot

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2018 16:15
yesssss 2 up get in Nors again.. ONWARDS N UPWARDS

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2018 16:52
Well done Rovers, get in. 4th in the table. Lincoln beat FGR and MK Dons march on with a comprehensive away win at Crawley.. MK seem to be going really well now, bad week for Crawley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 17:00 by hong kong rover.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 17:23
Yet again Norwood shows his importance to the side.The man is in danger of becoming a legend

Fiftyyearsarover

03 November, 2018 17:32
What do you mean Devon ,he is a legend 👍 another good win well done Rovers and super support from the SWA as usual

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 17:39
Sounded like a cracking performance on iFollow. No yellow cards for us and relatively few fouls, unusually! Some of the previous "fringe" players coming good now - Mullin and Cole the last couple of games after Gilmour the few games before that. Great to have so many options all of a sudden, even Smith being confined to the bench.

MESSAGES->author
Rizla (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 18:08
Superb all round team performance today. Every player from Scottie in goal to Nors up front absolute quality. I'm picking 3 MOTM, Scottie, Monthe and Banks.
Lets face it, Exeter are a good side but we put 2 past them and kept a clean sheet.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 18:42
Agree with Rizla, excellent all round performance. Monthe MOM for me with Buxton and Banks pushing him hard. Also agree Exeter were a good, hard working, organised side. Did feel the sending off was harsh though

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 19:07
The sending off was harsh. I don't think it was for the handball but rather for dissent. Lots of candidates for MoM and I made Norwood mine. He never stopped running and scored 2 goals.I hope he will stay but I fear offers are bound to come in. He may not go in the January window but wait till the end of the season when he can choose where he wants to go , rather like Cookie.

On the subject of Cookie rumours abound that he will be back in January but would he improve our side. I really felt today that we will go up automatically as we look a very good side and MM has done it before with Shrewsbury. A lot may depend on the January window and whether we can keep the likes of McCullough and Gilmour.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 19:12
Quote:
Uptonrover
Agree with Rizla, excellent all round performance. Monthe MOM for me with Buxton and Banks pushing him hard. Also agree Exeter were a good, hard working, organised side. Did feel the sending off was harsh though

Second yellow for handball automatic red perhaps if he hadn't been in aside that seem to fall over alot he may have not got the red.

Some of their players including this player who was red carded did overplay the counting the grass and the Ref did have words with their players so don't think the red card was hard on their team.

Gunslinger
Gunslinger (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 19:18
Could almost write the same script as last week's game. What a superb team performance. We dominated the midfield from start to finish and there was only one team going to win that game. Again a scoreline that flattered the opposition. We made Exeter look very ordinary. Nors looked absolutely knackered by the end - as well as scoring, he works tirelessly. An absolute legend. To a man, everyone played their part. As I said last week, if we can keep up this level of performance, we will definitely go up.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 19:20
Another good performance by the boys. If we keep playing like this we'll be in League 1 next season.SWA

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 19:26
wasn't sure the same team & tactics from last week would work against a very good Exeter side, but what a performance all 11 players could easily claim the MOM award great days being a rovers supporter

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
What do you mean Devon ,he is a legend 👍 another good win well done Rovers and super support from the SWA as usual

+1

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 20:39
Great all round play today, midfield boys strong,some great saves from Scotty Davies.Best player on the pitch today out of a good all round team performance was Monthe he was top class.The SWA on the Kop great sound today well done Tranmere.
Norwood now top Scorer in all Four English leagues.

Keep the Faith

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 22:10
Quote:
Kentexile
Sounded like a cracking performance on iFollow. No yellow cards for us and relatively few fouls, unusually! Some of the previous "fringe" players coming good now - Mullin and Cole the last couple of games after Gilmour the few games before that. Great to have so many options all of a sudden, even Smith being confined to the bench.
Excellent performance a others have said. I'm tending to be critical of refs so have to say the guy today was ok conned once or twice but mostly let players sort it out themsellves. Mannies battle being a big one.
And SWA mmense today

Fiftyyearsarover

03 November, 2018 22:22
Must mention Macnulty we thought he might struggle in this League but no one can get the better of him ,most teams fear him as they know they are in for a tough time,actually Tranmere are getting a reputation as a very physical team ,we learnt well from the NL the first season in the NL we were bounced out of a lot of games, not anymore I think Ben Tollitt if he comes back needs to toughen up struggling with the physicality of professional football ,perhaps that’s why Cook let him go at Portsmouth to Lightweight,love to have him back playing well but not to optimistic.hopefully he is in the gym bulking up as we speak ,definitely going backwards as opposed to when he first appeared of course the injury didn’t help and I think Mellon must take some of the blame by fetching him back to soon ,lasted about twenty minutes ,never been the same since ,but well done big Steve Macnulty.is he a recarnation of Ron Yeats

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 22:30
Would love to see Ben and DMH playing again but good to see Larnelle playing to his potential. We have a lot of good players at the football club. They'll play their part by the end of the season.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 23:23
I am with 50 on Tollit. I wish it was confidence that he is missing but I suspect that the injury has taken an edge of his game that may never come back.When brought back prematurely in the Ebbsfleet game he sowed glimpses of his previous qualities but that has gone following the subsequent lay off

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 23:30
Should also mention credit to Exeter for the 300-odd fans they brought, considering they don't get massive home crowds. Incredibly they brought more fans to PP than Macc who are just down the road.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 23:32
Quote:
Kentexile
Should also mention credit to Exeter for the 300-odd fans they brought, considering they don't get massive home crowds. Incredibly they brought more fans to PP than Macc who are just down the road.

+1 And they were loud in their support for their team

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 08:57
I think Banks has been class al season, but for some reason he really stood out yesterday. MOM for me. I can’t get my head around what the Oldham fans saw, to hate him so much and the swindle town fans weren’t that keen either. Total class for the SWA.

Fiftyyearsarover

04 November, 2018 11:31
Their loss our gain

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 12:22
Ollie is happy, plain and simple, to be playing for a team regularly where he is appreciated and has been given the opportunity to prove what a very good footballer he is.

It also demonstrates I believe, what a strong group they are together and appear to have bonded well in a relatively short time.

The icing on the cake for me, would be a MOM performance against Oldham, who IMO have looked decidedly suspect in recent weeks and a hammering for them to complete the day.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 13:10
Pleased you beat FGR, Well Done.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 13:49
Plus a 30 yard screamer down the cowshed end im sure would do nicely too Jack of all trades

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2018 13:49 by Uptonrover.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 15:23
[quote aktrfc]I think Banks has been class al season, but for some reason he really stood out yesterday. MOM for me. I can’t get my head around what the Oldham fans saw, to hate him so much and the swindle town fans weren’t that keen either. Total class for the SWA.[/quote funny old game aktrfc neither Oldham & Swindon never rated banks, and orient couldn,t wait to get of caprice, we must have a good vibe at tranmere

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 15:38
[quote paulbyron][quote aktrfc]I think Banks has been class al season, but for some reason he really stood out yesterday. MOM for me. I can’t get my head around what the Oldham fans saw, to hate him so much and the swindle town fans weren’t that keen either. Total class for the SWA.[/quote funny old game aktrfc neither Oldham & Swindon never rated banks, and orient couldn,t wait to get of caprice, we must have a good vibe at tranmere[/quote]

Too true

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 17:33
Great result and only a sniff away from 3rd place. Norqwood comes out on top versus Stockley and Tranmere on course for a double promotion. Nice situation to be in right now.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 19:52
Hi WWStandsure
FGR had most of the ball but did nothing with it other than one screamer in to our top corner of the net.They were trying to be like Man City and score the perfect goal, but city were patient and took 2 of probably their 4 chances they had on the break and scored 2 much to Coopers anger would you believe (Sm128).
So we both did each other a good turn on Saturday.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 21:02
The joy for me is that, not only are we winning, we're playing entertaining football too. You can have both!
Another enjoyable afternoon at PP (retitled Pleasure Park!).
Long may it continue.
Just one outstanding moment that no one has pointed out was Monthe's sublime crossfield pass to Smith (if memory serves me right); a joy to behold! Cole's been a little gem of late and Banks continues to make us dribble!

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 23:49
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Kentexile

+1 And they were loud in their support for their team
+1 great support

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 23:52
Quote:
Phil65
The joy for me is that, not only are we winning, we're playing entertaining football too. You can have both!
Another enjoyable afternoon at PP (retitled Pleasure Park!).
Long may it continue.
Just one outstanding moment that no one has pointed out was Monthe's sublime crossfield pass to Smith (if memory serves me right); a joy to behold! Cole's been a little gem of late and Banks continues to make us dribble!
+1 again
Happy times Rovers fans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net