football
Latest News:

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Man of the Match-how do they reach such ludicrous choices?
30 October, 2018 23:07
I went to see Stockport v Chorley[league leaders] tonight. It was 0-0 at half time. Darren Stephenson[our ex player]who was poor, was subbed at half time by Matty Warburton who immediately curled a great long range effort inches wide.He was easily the best player on the pitch in the second half and scored a hat trick in the 3-0 win. The sponsors quite staggeringly gave the MOM to the Stockport centre back.

This was even more incredible than McNulty getting the vote last Saturday. Which match do these people watch?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: Man of the Match-how do they reach such ludicrous choices?
30 October, 2018 23:13
its usually sponsors on the @#$%& naming the player they most want to meet / having no clue about football / trolling

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 23:24
There were 2653 there tonight-a good few more than at PP I would venture to suggest?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

31 October, 2018 04:48
Hi hoots, I saw the result last night. I believe the hat trick came in the final 20 mins..Chorley not had a good week but they remain top. See that Chester are going well and if they can win the couple of games in hand that they have, they will go top or 2nd...I remember a game in the VNL a couple of seasons ago which I watched live on BT Sport, Dover 4 FGR 3, it was a cracking game and one that FGR didnt deserve to lose. Ricky Miller scored a hat trick for Dover and got MOM but the player that caught my eye that day was Liam Noble. Thats when I first started to notice him. He was superb that day and everything that FGR did went through him. The only bad thing about Noble that day was the shocking lime green coloured Mohican haircut that he had.. Miller got his MOM award coz of his hat trick and he did play well, but it was Noble that was the best player on the pitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2018 04:58 by hong kong rover.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

31 October, 2018 09:14
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hi hoots, I saw the result last night. I believe the hat trick came in the final 20 mins..Chorley not had a good week but they remain top. See that Chester are going well and if they can win the couple of games in hand that they have, they will go top or 2nd...I remember a game in the VNL a couple of seasons ago which I watched live on BT Sport, Dover 4 FGR 3, it was a cracking game and one that FGR didnt deserve to lose. Ricky Miller scored a hat trick for Dover and got MOM but the player that caught my eye that day was Liam Noble. Thats when I first started to notice him. He was superb that day and everything that FGR did went through him. The only bad thing about Noble that day was the shocking lime green coloured Mohican haircut that he had.. Miller got his MOM award coz of his hat trick and he did play well, but it was Noble that was the best player on the pitch.

Chorley were nothing like as good last night as they were when they played us in the preseason game. Almond was comfortably their best forward,but was surprisingly subbed with about twenty to twenty five minutes to go at 0-0. The guy who came on then immediately scored with a header that was ruled marginally offside. Stockport straight away went down the other end and scored[72,78 and 89 minutes? I think the goals were]How Warburton was not named MOM is unbelievable. 2653 attendance-pretty good on a cold and at times wet night for the National League North.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

31 October, 2018 10:05
Even my six year old asked why Steve got MOM on saturday!

einstein
einstein (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 08:12
Most of the people sat close to me at the game fully agreed with the MOM choice on Sat, without Steve to keep Crawley at bay in the early stages the game could have been very different. Well done sponsors I say

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 11:11
Quote:
einstein
Most of the people sat close to me at the game fully agreed with the MOM choice on Sat, without Steve to keep Crawley at bay in the early stages the game could have been very different. Well done sponsors I say

You must have been one of the sponsors then.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 15:27
Remember being in the sponsors lounge for the 9-0 victory over Solihull. Being the only Rovers fan from our table they all pointed at me when asked for a MOM. "Cole Stockton" i said, "sorry, the other sponsors have already picked him" was the reply. Going into a state of panic and the girl looking at me is if to say hurry the @#$%& up i just said Norwood. Just as Jennings completed his hatrick. Sorry Connor

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

02 November, 2018 17:11
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
einstein

You must have been one of the sponsors then.
+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net