football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

tranmere rovers - season so far - verdict
30 October, 2018 10:52
I think we all agree that the season so far has gone far better than we thought it would go. we are in the play off places and as I see it there is really no one to fear in this league. we all agree that Lincoln city are a very good team, but even they now are having a bad run. after Lincoln city - I think all the other teams are just as good as each other. there is no reason whatsoever why tranmere rovers cannot finish in the top 7 and get into the play offs. we just have to take care of the big c word - which is consistency. the only team that can stop tranmere rovers this season is tranmere rovers. after 16 games we have one of the best defences in the league and if everyone stays fit etc we could be on for something special. we have a very good home record, and quite a good away record so long may it continue.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: tranmere rovers - season so far - verdict
30 October, 2018 11:20
Blimey baldy one, youve changed your tune..it was only a few days ago that you wanted all 11 of the team dropped.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 12:40
If most of us were honest, anything other than relegation would have been the aim at the start of the season. Now we have some solid foundations to build on. Along the way we will get beat and we will have a few games where we are not what we aim to be in terms of performance. John King used to say dont worry about the league until Easter.... but it has a nice look at the moment! SWA

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 13:12
hong kong rover - thanks for your reply. yes I agree , sometimes when I post some comments on here and maybe it sounds a bit controversial but it is only because I love the team so much and I know we can do better. but taking all 16 games in mind so far to only lose 3 is very good. it proves at the moment we are a team who is hard to beat. if we only lose 3 of the next 16 games it would be amazing. but as everyone says- take it one game at a time. so bring on Exeter city on Saturday for a top of the table clash. we will soon se how good the grecians are.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 13:18
Quote:
the baldy one
hong kong rover - thanks for your reply. yes I agree , sometimes when I post some comments on here and maybe it sounds a bit controversial but it is only because I love the team so much and I know we can do better. but taking all 16 games in mind so far to only lose 3 is very good. it proves at the moment we are a team who is hard to beat. if we only lose 3 of the next 16 games it would be amazing. but as everyone says- take it one game at a time. so bring on Exeter city on Saturday for a top of the table clash. we will soon se how good the grecians are.

No worries mate. Yes hoping we can beat Exeter on Saturday and if we do then maybe quite a few teams and others will really start taking us seriously and we can start believing that something really could happen this season.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 13:30
The team and fans have carried the togetherness from last year. There was a real sense of going through something at Wembley and that's still tangible.

Mickey and his team deserve a lot of credit. You can tell he's a cut above most managers hawking around this level. Adapts his team and system to suit the needs of the moment. Has made the squad efficient and brought the best out of people.

Really impressed with the players, manager and fans.

What ever happens we're all in this together, and it shows

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 15:44
at the start of the season to me every point we gained would have been a bonus with the way we,ve adapted I think anything can happen I,m just pleased with our progress and the fact we don,t look out of our depth another bonus is the fans who appear to be patient and are geeing the players on until the final whistle

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 16:50
Better than expected Gilmore and Smith though on loan have really given it a go and seem to enjoy their time at PP just hope we can keep them for the season ,if Tollitt can get his confidence back that would be good ,Cole starting to show what he can do !Jennings starting to tick again so we are ok no need to fear anyone , as the baldy one says consistency is the key . We must keep Norwood

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 18:22
It’s just not acceptable

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 21:44
Think January will reveal if we are going for it, with securing signings / loan deals. No reason why we can’t get up to L1 first time around. Not seen another team where we haven’t looked capable of winning other that the Forest Green debacle.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

30 October, 2018 22:24
I said to my son, this will be a difficult season and we probably won't win as many games as the last two (when he started coming with me). Its a case of so far so good....still 23 points to go, then I'll relax. Living deep in the south, I go to mainly away games, while I've not seen a win, as yet no one has blown us away, even the defeats to Swindon and FGR, although FGR were very good on the night we had our chances. When/if Gilmore and McCullogh go back in January (think Smith is here for the season) we will have to deal with that, Harris can come back in, Cole has been getting splinters so far, but at FGR and Crawley he showed some of what he has to offer, Tollitt could spark things for us, against FGR I thought he did OK. If I'd been offered our position now, at the start of the season I'd have taken it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net