football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Oldham allocation
25 October, 2018 18:46
Oldham have been allocated 1500 tickets for the game here in november. They are confident they will sell out and said Rovers have said there will be no more available. Surely we can safely get more than that in the cowshed

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

Re: Oldham allocation
25 October, 2018 19:48
Can't we give them part of the main stand or an end of the Jonny King? Seems a shame to forego revenue and we would hope they'd do the same for us.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 21:25
Going by Wikipedia (so it must be right ;-)) the capacity of the Cowshed is about 2500, so I am assuming the 1500 limit is to do with some areas not up to code, or to allow for a buffer area next to the main stand.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 22:32
Well as I see it the 1500 is an initial allocation and unless there top of league or challenging that will be enough.and of course they can have more if needed

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 22:33
I think it drops around 10% if it's unreserved. Plus the pointless 'no mans land' or buffer if you like. Ridiculous if you ask me

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 22:33
Quote:
Kentexile
Can't we give them part of the main stand or an end of the Jonny King? Seems a shame to forego revenue and we would hope they'd do the same for us.
not possible due to facilities, toilets and the likes

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 01:32
Quote:
Loyden1
Well as I see it the 1500 is an initial allocation and unless there top of league or challenging that will be enough.and of course they can have more if needed
they've been told they will not be recieving any more.

shankstheman
shankstheman (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 11:19
The issue of no further tickets after the 1500 are sold may be being dictated by the Police as Everton are at home the same day

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 14:02
It is probably number of stewards too. It would be daft to have enough stewards/police to cope with a full away stand every game when most games only see 500 or so away fans. While that stand has a maximum capacity of 2500 it may be that areas are intentionally closed off to reduce capacity to 1500 and reduce policing/stewarding costs, especially with the non-allocated seating mentioned previously.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 15:41
word of warning about Oldham - they have yet to lose on their league 2 travels this season and in those six league 2 away games that they have played so far, they have conceded only 1 goal..

OLDHAMS LEAGUE 2 AWAY FORM SO FAR.

won 2

drew 4

lost 0

goals for 6

goals against 1

its their home form that is letting them down,, they have three x league 2 away games before they come to Prenton. only conceding once on their travels, not bad at all.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 16:13
Anybody know how many they have been taking away ?

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 18:08
Surely the reduced ticket allocation has something to do with the large amount of damaged or unusable seats for the whole of the Cow Shed, I would hazard a guess that no ongoing maintenance has been carried out for a number of seasons, it’s pretty sad really if you get chance to take a close look.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 17:38
For all the panic, Oldham have only been getting 3500- 4000ish at home. Surely not many more than 1500 will be coming?

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 09:17
HKR, they lost yesterday 2-1 at Northampton but, on the basis of they away form so far still a potentially difficult game.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 10:10
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
HKR, they lost yesterday 2-1 at Northampton but, on the basis of they away form so far still a potentially difficult game.

Hi Jack, yes I saw Oldhams result yesterday at Northampton..The Cobblers seem to be improving under Keith Curle.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 11:40
350 away at the cobblers.not sure how many at closer games

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net