football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Crawley town
25 October, 2018 18:30
Don’t know much about them ,won the conference 2010 with a 105 pts but spent since 1895 in the met and southern League.situated by Gatwick. As we are not playing well at the moment I am going for another draw 1-1 ,we need to improve some tough games such as Exeter on the Horizon if we can pick up points while not at our best we can hang in their So 1-1 2-2

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Crawley town
25 October, 2018 19:31
I think we'll get back to our winning ways . Gone for 2-0 win .

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 21:03
1-0 Norwood again

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 23:21
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Don’t know much about them ,won the conference 2010 with a 105 pts but spent since 1895 in the met and southern League.situated by Gatwick. As we are not playing well at the moment I am going for another draw 1-1 ,we need to improve some tough games such as Exeter on the Horizon if we can pick up points while not at our best we can hang in their So 1-1 2-2

I dont know too much about them eirher, Fifty..I know they have an Italian manager, that recently took over from Harry Kewell.. on the subject of managers, I see that Ipswich have sacked Paul Hurst. He only lasted 15 games..Hurst to Macclesfield???

I was watching some of the English open snooker tournament from Crawley last week. The tournament took place at the K2 centre in Crawley and its literally just a couple of hundred yards down the road from the Crawley Town ground..Ronnie O'Sullivan was unimpressed with and critical of the Crawley K2 venue, describing the place as ' stinking of urine.'

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 09:04
knowing micky doesn't go for knee-jerk reactions I can't see many changes from tues maybe zoom/buxton at full back as I've never seen waring play is he that bad ? the lad is still I presume still getting payed unless he stacks shelves at asda on sat afternoons and as we struggle for goals how come he can't even make the bench ?

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 10:38
Quote:
paulbyron
knowing micky doesn't go for knee-jerk reactions I can't see many changes from tues maybe zoom/buxton at full back as I've never seen waring play is he that bad ? the lad is still I presume still getting payed unless he stacks shelves at asda on sat afternoons and as we struggle for goals how come he can't even make the bench ?
Given there is never a question about Waring or any news one can only assume he fell out with MM - either because he refused to have his contract cancelled by mutual consent or something else. I have no idea what he is doing - training with the youth was last I heard but if so he can't be match fit and anyways Franklyn would be a much better bet if we can get round the number of loanees issue. Might be worth giving Gilmour a rest as he has looked a little off the last 2 games and give Williams a start in midfield which means one loanee less so could play Franklyn upfront.
As to the result I am not that hopeful - think teams are starting to work us out/ we have dropped off a bit. Think a draw would be an ok result given Crawley are a decent side

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 13:28
We got a point at Yeovil and could have won it, a ground were in the past we got nothing.
FGR first half were brilliant and against a lesser team would have been out of sight by half time. I don't accept that we are playing badly, just think Nors on his own up front isn't working.
Fully expect a win on Saturday, agree that Gilmour could do with a rest but Banks will be back, sorely missed against FGR.
Manny back in the middle of defence I hope but only if Zoom is fit, bit short of options for full backs at the mo.

MESSAGES->author

26 October, 2018 15:47
Crawleys away form so far in league 2 is - won 2 drew 0 lost 5.. they won at Lincoln back in September.

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 18:14
hi- just had my lovely sausage dinner and a pint of lager shandy. it looks as though crawley town are 2 different teams this season- good at home and poor away. hope that continues tomorrow. seeing that we have won all our home games 1-0, I will go for another 1-0 win with Harvey Gilmour on target.

rak
rak (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 21:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
I was watching some of the English open snooker tournament from Crawley last week. The tournament took place at the K2 centre in Crawley and its literally just a couple of hundred yards down the road from the Crawley Town ground..Ronnie O'Sullivan was unimpressed with and critical of the Crawley K2 venue, describing the place as ' stinking of urine.'[/quote

I live in Crawley and know the K2 well, it is a very good sports centre. It has an Olympic-sized pool which my wife and I both use and an outside running track which I use. Indoors there are very good facilities including climbing walls, squash courts and sports halls so none who live in the area could really get Ronnie's problem with the K2.

MESSAGES->author

26 October, 2018 23:12
Quote:
rak
Quote:
hong kong rover
I was watching some of the English open snooker tournament from Crawley last week. The tournament took place at the K2 centre in Crawley and its literally just a couple of hundred yards down the road from the Crawley Town ground..Ronnie O'Sullivan was unimpressed with and critical of the Crawley K2 venue, describing the place as ' stinking of urine.'[/quote

I live in Crawley and know the K2 well, it is a very good sports centre. It has an Olympic-sized pool which my wife and I both use and an outside running track which I use. Indoors there are very good facilities including climbing walls, squash courts and sports halls so none who live in the area could really get Ronnie's problem with the K2.

I think it was Ronnie just being Ronnie. The comments from some of the other players in the tournament were that the venue was fine and that they had no problem with it. Also the other players were saying that the tables ( snooker ) were excellent. Ronnie just being awkward I reckon. Its not the first time that he has come out with comments that many others dont agree with..As for the final itself, it was a shame that local Sussex lad, Mark Davis wasnt able to win the first ranking tournament final that he had ever got to in his 27 year pro snooker career.Losing the final to Stuart Bingham...love watching the snooker..UK championship coming up in November.. its the 2nd biggest tournament after the world championship.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 23:29
I see that the Crawley supporters coach is £20 and the price includes a buffet at a pub en-route. Good deal that.
Think we need a win to get our peckers back up. Going for a 1-0, with Norwood bagging a one on one!

MESSAGES->author

27 October, 2018 00:46
Cmon the Rovers! Back to winning ways and 3 pts.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 08:28
Quote:
Phil65
I see that the Crawley supporters coach is £20 and the price includes a buffet at a pub en-route. Good deal that.
Think we need a win to get our peckers back up. Going for a 1-0, with Norwood bagging a one on one!
.great deal that Phil. When we go there probably be £30 with the chance to buy powdered chicken soup on route.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 10:31
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Phil65
.great deal that Phil. When we go there probably be £30 with the chance to buy powdered chicken soup on route.

Mixed into lukewarm water, my favourite. Go with the OSC, it’s a bit cheaper and you can take a drink onboard too!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 14:27
On a stag do. Good to see Connor on the score sheet. Got a bet on 2-0 9/1

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 14:46
That 2nd goal was very well worked. We could get a few more if their defence keeps their woefulness up!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 15:17
Mullin makes it 5 lol.... what's going on

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 15:17
We want six, we want six

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 16:28
Much better. More positive formation and Bucko, Banks, Mullin and Cole good changes from Tuesday

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 16:41
Well, that was a tight and tense affair! In all seriousness, just what was required and can't see it getting much better than that in terms of domination and chances created. Banks made a massive difference from Tuesday's game, Cole had a good game, in fact it's hard to not say that everyone played well. It shows how dominant we were as there's a tinge of disappointment that we didn't score a few more; Norwood won't get a better opportunity to score a hat-trick if he plays until he's fifty! Crawley were just behind us in the league table, so we haven't beaten cannon fodder, which adds to the credibility of the victory. Well done Rovers!

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 17:08
Well deserved win.Shame the other chances were not taken or it might have been another Solihull.!!!!👍👍👍👍👍

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 17:46
A very positive performance and formation (whatever it was)! A couple of outstanding performances for me, Banks dominated the game and Monthe was class back in the middle. Cant see how Crawley have made it so high in the league as they were very poor at best!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 17:50
And they won at Lincoln somehow

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 17:52
Some electrifying stuff today.

Down the right with Banks, Caprice and Larnell we were unstoppable in the first half.

Great to see Conner net as that will boost his confidence.

I think that result and performance, against a team one point below us says one important thing... We deserve to be here and we should be frightened of no-one.

Very interesting selection, by Micky, today with Mullin on the right and Cole just behind the two. It worked and was a pleasure to see what options we have.

Oh, and I happened to bump into Zoom, Rides, Stockton, Evan Gumbs and Jay Devine.... Zoom promised me that he will be back soon, as did Stockton. Onwards and upwards!

Three Citys up next; Manchester, Exeter and Oxford in the Cup. A Micky Mouse Cup and two biggies. No injuries in the Checkatrade and two wins in the others would be huge.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:06
Quote:
Uptonrover
A very positive performance and formation (whatever it was)! A couple of outstanding performances for me, Banks dominated the game and Monthe was class back in the middle. Cant see how Crawley have made it so high in the league as they were very poor at best!

Sorry disagree totally re Crawley who are a good footballing side-played lots of very watchable football going forward . Their weak link was obviously at the back but on another day they'd have scored more than one against us.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:13
Well does it undermine the theory that Norwood cannot play with Mullin.For minutes together their joint return looks at least as good as any alternative combo

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:16
Quote:
Yiggsy
Some electrifying stuff today.
Down the right with Banks, Caprice and Larnell we were unstoppable in the first half.

Great to see Conner net as that will boost his confidence.

I think that result and performance, against a team one point below us says one important thing... We deserve to be here and we should be frightened of no-one.

Very interesting selection, by Micky, today with Mullin on the right and Cole just behind the two. It worked and was a pleasure to see what options we have.

Oh, and I happened to bump into Zoom, Rides, Stockton, Evan Gumbs and Jay Devine.... Zoom promised me that he will be back soon, as did Stockton. Onwards and upwards!

Three Citys up next; Manchester, Exeter and Oxford in the Cup. A Micky Mouse Cup and two biggies. No injuries in the Checkatrade and two wins in the others would be huge.

The triangle of Caprice Banks and Cole was great to watch particularly in the last quarter of an hour in the first half.Cole had the best game I have seen him play for us. I was amazed at the sponsors choice of MOM but having seen the way that one or two of them were acting on the pitch,I'd be surprised if they actually saw a lot of what went on.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:17
Quote:
DevonExile
Well does it undermine the theory that Norwood cannot play with Mullin.For minutes together their joint return looks at least as good as any alternative combo

Better

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:21
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Uptonrover

Sorry disagree totally re Crawley who are a good footballing side-played lots of very watchable football going forward . Their weak link was obviously at the back but on another day they'd have scored more than one against us.

Have to agree with Hoots, well in the game until our first goal and only two very good Scotty saves prevented an equaliser.

Very good performance especially second half, all played well but, Cole and Banks for me very impressive.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:29
Great result , good performance all round from Scotty at the back to Nors up front . For me it was Cole that made the difference and as much as Steve was solid as usual I'd make Larnell MOTM . He never stopped , always trying to win the ball , great 1st touches and passing and wasn't afraid to take men on . It was great to see us not stopping in the final 3rd wondering what the he'll to do with the ball . Players running with play and plenty of balls put over . Crawley were pretty poor and their league position flatters them . To be honest there's only been Mansfield who have impressed me in this league so far . The standard of the rest fills me with confidence that come the end of the season we'll be there or thereabouts .

Gunslinger
Gunslinger (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 18:41
That was such a complete performance. And the scoreline was probably flattering to Crawley as we could have easily scored more than five. Connor finding some form, Banks continuing to dominate midfield, McCullough protecting the defence, Caprice bombing up and down the wing, McNulty and Monthe dominating almost anything that Crawley could muster, Buxton as reliable as ever, Mullin linking up well, Norwood often unplayable and my MOM, Larnell Cole, played down the centre where he is at his best. But the credit must go to Micky for shaking up the team sheet and formation. What a brave and classy decision. We were simply unplayable going forward for large parts of that game. If we can reproduce that consistently, then we will go up.

Fiftyyearsarover

27 October, 2018 18:56
Well that’s another one of my spiffing predictions out the window well done Rovers super display ,,l have to ak will the real Tranmere Rovers please stand .no need to fear anyone this season .we might not go up but we will be fine this season

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 19:16
Norwood still a mystery, he could have had seven alone - when he learns how to beat a keeper in a 'one on one' situation.

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 19:57
Great performance all round today,midfield stole the show for me. Jake Caprice was top class
my m.o.m

Cole was great to see running from middle of the Park, they could not handle his pace.

Keep the Faith

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 20:49
some great goals today pleased for connor who never stops & a great chest down for nors 1st finally scored from a corner but mullins goal was the pick for me as others have said from scottie to nors some great performances, surprised micky made so many changes but what a response from the players

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 22:25
A brilliant result. Shame about the concession, but it looks like there could be some longevity in Mullin and Norwood being upfront.

I thikn Cole Stockton will really have to find another gear now if Mullin can keep making a case for himself, which he is doing, but sometimes such things cna spur another player on to find ways to impress a bit more.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 22:58
Quote:
paulbyron
some great goals today pleased for connor who never stops & a great chest down for nors 1st finally scored from a corner but mullins goal was the pick for me as others have said from scottie to nors some great performances, surprised micky made so many changes but what a response from the players
Having been at Yeovil and FGR the changes made sense, the players know that they have to maintain high standards to keep the shirt, I am glad Cole got a start today, having seen him at FGR he looked good and worth a start.

MESSAGES->author

27 October, 2018 23:58
Great result Rovers. Get in.

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2018 01:24
Quite a day yesterday then. Rovers hit 5, Leicester City helicopter crash, Glen Hoddle taken seriously ill and that money grabbing g*t Sven Goran Eriksson has been named head coach of the Philippines national side,, must be a woman involved somewhere.

Fiftyyearsarover

28 October, 2018 08:30
What do you mean A women HKR, being in the Philippines as I well know is like being Billy Bunter in a cake shop ,that man will go anywhere for money you would think he would retire by now with the money he has earned ,Philippine’s not the safest environment anymore

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 09:47
After yesterday's superb win, it's interesting to see that despite the "blips" at Yeovil and FGR, we're second in the form table over the last six games. Only MK Dons are above us. Puts some perspective on things and makes good Sunday morning reading. Keep this going and who knows! Also interesting to read some comments from Exeter fans after their defeat to FGR who seemed to do a job on them just as they had on us. FGR have certainly recruited well and are a million miles away from the dislikable team we played in the National League. Having said that, looking forward to and would take huge pleasure from ramming one up them (force feeding all 50 of their "amazing", "friendly" away support a super-size hot dog with a chaser of one of our "meat" burgers, drinks in non-recyclable plastic cups. Non-organic, "workhouse", chemical littered, mind-enhancing, wall-climbing coke (the wet stuff! same outcome?) for the kids that doesn't taste like gnat's pee. A proliferation of Bernard Matthews advertisements around the ground, our eclectic ethos and the principles of choice and most importantly defeat!) in the return fixture at PP. We welcome each and every one of you FGR; old habits and bitter tastes die hard! I'll leave you guys to carry on with Crawley!

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2018 09:56
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
What do you mean A women HKR, being in the Philippines as I well know is like being Billy Bunter in a cake shop ,that man will go anywhere for money you would think he would retire by now with the money he has earned ,Philippine’s not the safest environment anymore

Hi Fifty, Eriksson is a greedy money grabbing womanizing lecherous !@#$/@..He is a ' take the money and run merchant.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/10/2018 10:25 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover

28 October, 2018 11:23
True HKR there is always some idiot to give these mercenary dinosaurs a job football management is full of them

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 11:37
Hey Phil u didn't mince your words there

Fiftyyearsarover

29 October, 2018 08:00
Phil never does ,he never chickens out

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

29 October, 2018 22:52
I like eating chicken, but I wouldn't if it was minced (Sm7).

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net