Norwood
Jennings
Tollitt
Cole
Mullin

You must be logged in to vote.

13 Votes

Show results

Forest Green overtake us in the table but we are still in the playoff's in 7th place
lets get a win this saturday against Crawley Town and put this one behind ussmoking smiley

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

Re: Poll: Man of The Match...Forest Green Rovers vs Tranmere
25 October, 2018 07:54
my man of the match for the forest green rovers match on Tuesday would be no one at all. all 11 players played as if they were either not bothered or as if they were strangers to each other and that is not good enough. so far, I have been slagged off by a few tranmere fans for my reply, but what everyone is forgetting is forest green rovers are a tin pot team and it is not good enough to lose to the worst team in league 2. forest green rovers should not even be in league 2 so to lose to them I am lost for words. the sooner dale vince takes his plastic lego team back to non league the better. league 2 do not want teams like this in it.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 08:24
they’re not the worst team in the league and do deserve to be in the league after fairly beating us at Wembley and scrapping to stay up last season.
Also, Davies got my vote but it was a tough call between him and Caprice.

the baldy one

25 October, 2018 09:16
forest green rovers should be thrown out of the football league. they are not a proper football team and are so small that my next door neighbours backside is bigger than them. they bring nothing at all to league 2 and are a stain on the game. if any tranmere fan says otherwise they are deluded. and before anyone says this is sour grapes because they have beaten us 1-3 twice, they are wrong. they are worse than chester fc and make league 2 a laughing stock. I would love a forest green rovers fan to reply to my comments but I will not hold my breath.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 09:21
Basically so what you’re saying is that you’re upset and that it IS sour grapes and anyone who disagrees is an armchair wielding Everton fan?

Got it, or maybe it’s just you who may be deluded? I’d imagine you think Bournemouth don’t belong in the PL too!

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 13:34
Hey Baldy. You weren't the one effing and blinding at the small group of FGR fans behind the goal during the last 10 minutes were you?
If it was you do you realise what an embarrassment you were.
FGR have been around for 125 years, a friendly club, we can thank them for Nors and Manny. Do you feel the same about MK Dons, Fleetwood, Barnet, Wimbledon AFC etc, god help us if Salford get in to the league.
Just chill man and concentrate on the Super Whites.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 13:44
WUM comes to mind

the baldy one

25 October, 2018 13:46
since I posted my comments this morning I have slightly calmed down now. being a born and bred tranmere fan for over 45 years now, there are certain teams that get under your skin or you just hate and the main ones for me are everton, Bolton wanderers, swindle town, Wrexham, chester fc, and now forest green rovers might join the list. basically what I am trying to say is - there is no way on earth that tranmere rovers should be losing to FGR. we are a much bigger club, we have a much bigger stadium, we get bigger crowds than them, we have a much better quality squad than them, and still we lose to them.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 13:56
Bottom line in football.

Anyone can beat anyone on their day regardless of anything else, it's the reason the FA cup is still a dream for the 'smaller clubs'.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 20:06
We're not the club we were, and we're being run sensibly by the owners.

We were beaten by the better team on the night.

Baldy needs to get over himself.

FGR are where they are because they've played better than us so far this season.

The biggest disappointment for me is that we started the season a league higher than last but are very much weaker up front?
This was always going to be an issue and in recent matches has proven to be our weakness.

I don't know why we failed to land a decent striker, but would hope that this will be addressed in January.

Failure to recruit a decent striker in the next window will no doubt have even the most faithful of the SWA asking questions.

If we're in financial turmoil and can't attract top players, then the inevitable will happen.

I heard that Ferrier was very much interested in a move to Rovers, but the wages we offered were an absolute insult. The rest is history.

We're doing ok ATM , but I can't help feel like we're riding our luck a bit.

We need to keep up there and build on that in January.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 22:42
Ferrier said he didn't want to move up north and was also being a burke because he was acting on adivce from a two bit agent, who was putting a bad vibe into his head that he was projecting onto the club and their image.

Chairmen don't normally go out to quantify terms of players contacts publicly like Borehamwood's did, so for that to happen shows the strength of Ferrier's idiocy perpetuated by the iffy agent.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 04:43
Quote:
Matt34
Ferrier said he didn't want to move up north and was also being a burke because he was acting on adivce from a two bit agent, who was putting a bad vibe into his head that he was projecting onto the club and their image.
Chairmen don't normally go out to quantify terms of players contacts publicly like Borehamwood's did, so for that to happen shows the strength of Ferrier's idiocy perpetuated by the iffy agent.

Ferrier spoke to a colleague of mine after the recent match against Walsall and he told him he was sitting in a meeting with his agent in P.P and when the terms of the deal were put to him he was amazed how bad they were. Considering he would need to relocate it was not a viable option so he declined our offer and went elsewhere.

He actually told my colleague he was genuinely interested in coming here but the amount we offered him was outrageous.

Unless you know differently I'm inclined to believe my colleague.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

27 October, 2018 22:11
Your colleague may be right, but I'm going off the public disclosures about the situation from him, their chaiman and the manager Luke Garrard.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 19:31
Quote:
Matt34
Your colleague may be right, but I'm going off the public disclosures about the situation from him, their chaiman and the manager Luke Garrard.

Apparently he seemed like a decent bloke, and he was genuinely apologetic about the move falling through.

He made the usual statement about football being a job and having to make enough for him and his family etc.

I'm guessing were being priced out of the quality market at the present time?

Hopefully we'll be in a better financial position come January?

Hope that Max Power makes his move permanent and that Micky will get the cash from Norburns departure plus some of the compo from Max?

Surely there's a few decent forwards wanting a move in the next window?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 23:00
His reaction after scoring against us wasn’t one of an apologetic or sensible gentleman.

Not too sure on the max power money as I’ve read that we struck a bargain when he signed that waived any potential comp in the future. Could’ve been conjecture though...

I’ll be happy if we extend the loanees deals until the summer. Build on it from there, dependant on where we sit in the league of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net