football
Latest News:

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

FA Cup 1st Round
22 October, 2018 20:54
Thought it was worth a new thread..

Can't grumble at a home tie with National South opponents. A banana skin for sure but hopefully our non-league experience will ensure the attitude is spot on. Then again, Chelmsford from the same league gave us a scare a couple of years ago..

£36k for the winner not to be sniffed at.

Can't see it being one of the live TV games but might well be one of the many switched to Sunday for the Beeb to do their afternoon show, where their coverage jumps from game to game.

Btw, Oxford City have a plastic pitch so, if it's them, let's not go to a replay, even though our record on plastic is good.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Re: FA Cup 1st Round
22 October, 2018 21:08
I won't be travelling up for that one but instead will be going to my local team Hampton and Richmond to hopefully see them stuff Oafdom. Playing well at the moment H and R so a 'giant' killing in the making!

ChloesDad
ChloesDad (IP Logged)

23 October, 2018 20:05
Oxford City winning 2-0 after 60 minutes

[twitter.com]

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2018 20:48
Quote:
ChloesDad
Oxford City winning 2-0 after 60 minutes
[twitter.com]
5 0in the end

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2018 23:23
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Oxford City have a plastic pitch

Do any of the pitch segments have triangular shaped symbols made up of arrows and the letters L.D.P.E or P.E.T on them? (Sm6)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 13:11
Quote:
sparky100
I won't be travelling up for that one but instead will be going to my local team Hampton and Richmond to hopefully see them stuff Oafdom. Playing well at the moment H and R so a 'giant' killing in the making!

The Hampton v Oldham game will be on the Monday night, live on BT Sport. All ticket match too, apparently.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 16:07
the televised games for FA Cup 1st round are..

Hampton & Richmond v Oldham Ath
Maidenhead Utd v Portsmouth
Haringey Borough v AFC Wimbledon
Port Vale v Sunderland

I know Sunderland are a big club, but I am a tad surprised that their game is being televised coz their opponents are not non-league. there are still quite a few first round ties involving non league clubs at home to league opposition that haven't been selected for TV..

Maidstone v Macc
Ebbsfleet v Cheltenham
Aldershot v Bradford City
Chorley v Doncaster ( thought they might have televised this one )
Alfreton v Fleetwood
Bromley v Peterborough
Barnet v Bristol Rovers
Met Police v Newport ( thought they might have televised this one )
Guiseley v Cambridge

it seems as if the TV people are favouring the Southern non league sides.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 16:47
Is that only BBC televised or them and BT sport?

MESSAGES->author

26 October, 2018 16:59
Quote:
rossb07
Is that only BBC televised or them and BT sport?

Hi Ross, the Haringey v Wimbledon game is live on BBC 2 , the other 3 games will be live on BT Sport.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

26 October, 2018 18:13
Thanks HKR, BBC a little light on the matches in the 1st round this season then...

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 09:26
With the increase in prize money this year, I just hope MM doesn't make wholesale changes for the game.

Possibly give one or two a rest to the bench but, still available in emergencies. Should our form continue in a winning way, I am a firm believer in "not changing it unless it's broken"

Winning is a fine habit to have.

One Final thought, do we know which of the loan players will be allowed to play?

MESSAGES->author

28 October, 2018 12:43
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
With the increase in prize money this year, I just hope MM doesn't make wholesale changes for the game.
Possibly give one or two a rest to the bench but, still available in emergencies. Should our form continue in a winning way, I am a firm believer in "not changing it unless it's broken"

Winning is a fine habit to have.

One Final thought, do we know which of the loan players will be allowed to play?

+1 The FA Cup is still magical and with the FA doubling the prize money this year, there is money to be made. Reckon Rovers should be looking to go as far as they can in this years competition.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 13:07
Fa cup first team every time more money than ever to be made Liverpool away 4th round would be good

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

28 October, 2018 16:01
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Fa cup first team every time more money than ever to be made Liverpool away 4th round would be good
no let them get knocked out in the 3rd !

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 08:57
The significance of income has to be the most important factor. Today's opponents,Exeter City had their whole future transformed by their two games against Manchester City a few years ago. It is a compelling example of why lower league clubs have to take the competition seriously

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 09:35
Wasn't it United they played?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 16:07
Yes typo.It was also double income with a replay and TV payments

MESSAGES->author

03 November, 2018 17:06
Oxford City scored 4 goals away today.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 17:34
We won’t have to take Oxford city lightly ,they are no dummies

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

03 November, 2018 23:44
Hope we don't take them lightly because getting to through to the next round is essential financially .

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 00:35
Quote:
Uglybob
Hope we don't take them lightly because getting to through to the next round is essential financially .
Yeh it is a good financial boost but come on boys there's no reason at all for us to worry surely we look focused and together

davep63
davep63 (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 09:00
After the last couple of performances no team will relish coming to prenton Park in any competition SWA

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 11:32
Correct but we need to make sure we avoid slipping on the proverbial banana skin - after all when in NL we managed to lose to some sides now relegated to NLN or NLS - complacency is the danger though MM for sure will remind them of this!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

04 November, 2018 15:44
I’m just gutted that it’s interrupts the league. Just as we are flying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net