football
Latest News:

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

Talk about poor Refs
14 October, 2018 08:56
I apologise for posting an Imps game on here, but it's just to show how poor some of these

Refs are.

This was Lincolns game yesterday at Port Vale

Just tell me if you think this was a Penalty or not or am I being biased being an Imp.

On the Clip the incident comes after the first goal and then a missed header.

[www.skysports.com]

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Talk about poor Refs
14 October, 2018 09:14
The thing that concerned me was the vale players laughing and joking at 6-2 down. If I was a valiant I would be livid

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 09:39
Quote:
jal jal
I apologise for posting an Imps game on here, but it's just to show how poor some of these
Refs are.

Just tell me if you think this was a Penalty or not or am I being biased being an Imp.

[www.skysports.com]

I see your point Jal but on the other hand... it happened very quickly and your man's dive was very theatrical so that immediately puts doubt in the refs mind. Plus the shot had been got away with no interference and it wasn't as if your guy could have followed up as it went straight out...plus the keeper is entitled to stand his ground to block the shot. Put it this way if it was given against us I would have felt aggrieved... and anyway looking on the bright side I very much doubt that your goal difference will be relevant come end of season when you are promoted smiling smiley

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:18
The ref at the Tranmere v Lincoln game was by far the worst that we have seen in one of our games for years-he made all the National League ones that we have seen in our time down there look good.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:37
jai jai some calls you win some you lose everyone who goes to the games will say we should or shouldn,t have decisions anyway stop being greedy 6 goals are enough for any team !!!!

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:57
The more I look back on it myself the more I'm beginning to doubt my view, and more than lilely the linesman would have flagged for a penalty but he didn't. But it was Frecklington who got caught and was subbed straight away.
Oh well you win some you lose some as you say Paul.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 11:02
Lincon getting better all the time ,definite promotion for them same ruthless streak as when the won the NL ,no matter what we done just couldn’t catch them .the only trouble is can they hold on to the management team ,as we speak or type in this instant envious eyes are being focused on them ,they are ambitious and I fear it’s only a matter of time that the top team mafia make them an offer they can’t refuse, inevitable

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 11:29
Why would they want to go anywhere else? Imagine taking a team.from the conference through the divisions.

That's the stuff of dreams for every teenagee and adult playing champ manager over the years!

If they get promoted to the championship, that's easily the equivalent of Leicester winning the prem.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 11:31
Some people can't be swayed if they have a project that they want to fulfil with their current club. Rarely happens these days but the Cowley's seem like the sort to have this view.

As far as being envious, i'm more than happy to have MM instead as he has love for the club and has brought the fans onboard too. If he ever was to leave for whatever reason then yeah it'd be nice to have them but we couldn't afford to re-locate the pair of them up here in my eyes anytime soon.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 11:42
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Lincon getting better all the time ,definite promotion for them same ruthless streak as when the won the NL ,no matter what we done just couldn’t catch them .the only trouble is can they hold on to the management team ,as we speak or type in this instant envious eyes are being focused on them ,they are ambitious and I fear it’s only a matter of time that the top team mafia make them an offer they can’t refuse, inevitable

Hi Fifty
They are contracted until 2022 the only thing that will keep them here is if we get promotion and then have the luck to get it again to the Championship.

We have had the backing of a few S African business men who have also added some much needed money and have also added others to the management side who are also quite high profile in other aspects and skills to move Lincoln forward and I think these things and progress might just keep them at Sincil Bamk.

One of the S Africans is now our Chairman and at away games stands on the terraces with the supporters and is very approachable and also answers any questions that the fans put forward on Lincoln Vitals sight and keeps the supporters up to date with anything new that happens, and so do other Board members.

A lot has changed in the last 3 years from how City used to be run I'm pleased to say.

Also the Cowleys have moved their family`s to Lincoln and their children into a very good school in Lincoln near the Cathedral.
It was also their idea for our new training ground on the outskirts of the City which has 3 training pitches with different types of playing surfaces that we might encounter.
They say they are here for the long haul which we hope is good.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 13:54
The tackle looked outside the area to me. Typical poor ref. Still Lincoln won well on the day.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 14:52
Quote:
jal jal
Refs are.

[www.skysports.com]

Hi jal jal, Vale Park sure has been a happy hunting ground for Lincoln so far this season. Thats 10 goals the Imps have scored there. 6 yesterday and 4 back in August in your 4-0 win there in the 1st round of the Carabao cup.. bet u will be hoping your 1st round FA Cup game is at Vale Park, lol.

MESSAGES->author

14 October, 2018 14:54
I had Port Vale down as dark horses this season. Looks like I am hopelessly wrong there lol

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 15:01
jai jai you keep playing the way you are at present and you won,t have to worry about iffy penalty calls. very impressive demolition of port vale who looked ok at PP what I,m impressed with is the quality you've brought in as you had an excellent squad that earned you promotion

MESSAGES->author

14 October, 2018 16:14
On the subject of poor refs, I have just been on the BBC footy website reading up about yesterdays 'Non-league day' and in an Essex senior league game yesterday a Stansted FC player was shown a STRAIGHT red card for kicking a corner flag, he did this in frustration at fluffing a cross in their game versus Barkingside.. also noticed that Sutton utd lost on penalties in Dublin yesterday in their Irn Bru Scottish challenge cup game versus Bohemians. Borehamwood knocked out in the first round of the irn bru and Sutton go out in the 2nd round. were they really bothered with it???

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 17:47
Hi HKR that's a new one to be wary of kicking the corner flag & getting a Red card.

Getting Port Vale in the FA Cup now that would be very lucky. smiling smiley

Thanks also Paul for your comments.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 18:16
Quote:
hong kong rover
On the subject of poor refs, I have just been on the BBC footy website reading up about yesterdays 'Non-league day' and in an Essex senior league game yesterday a Stansted FC player was shown a STRAIGHT red card for kicking a corner flag, he did this in frustration at fluffing a cross in their game versus Barkingside.. also noticed that Sutton utd lost on penalties in Dublin yesterday in their Irn Bru Scottish challenge cup game versus Bohemians. Borehamwood knocked out in the first round of the irn bru and Sutton go out in the 2nd round. were they really bothered with it???

An English side playing an Irish club in Ireland in the Scottish cup. And we think the checkatrade is bad!

jimrod
jimrod (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 23:04
Lincoln are certainly lethal in their finishing. They excel in their heading from corners. That is something we sadly lack. The Rovers crowd goes wild when we get a corner, but we rarely get anything from them. I'm still amazed how well we did against Lincoln at home.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 06:23
Quote:
jimrod
Lincoln are certainly lethal in their finishing. They excel in their heading from corners. That is something we sadly lack. The Rovers crowd goes wild when we get a corner, but we rarely get anything from them. I'm still amazed how well we did against Lincoln at home.

Hi jimrod
Well to be honest you are doing well and are at this time in the season better placed than Lincoln were at the same period of time with 3pts more than we had.
So you will do well this season and come Christmas we both could be 1 & 2 in Div 2 fingers crossed.

MESSAGES->author

15 October, 2018 06:46
Quote:
Uptonrover
Quote:
hong kong rover

An English side playing an Irish club in Ireland in the Scottish cup. And we think the checkatrade is bad!

Lol nice one..Connah's Quay Nomads are still in the scottish challenge cup, they beat Coleraine on Saturday..A welsh side playing a Northern Irish club in North Wales in the Scottish cup.lol. At least the sutton utd fans can enjoy the sights of Dublins fair city and knock back a few pints of the old black stuff, pity the poor coleraine fans though, not much on offer for them in Connah's Quay , a trip round the old Shotton steelworks maybe..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2018 07:12 by hong kong rover.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 07:18
It's like mini Poland round there hkr.

MESSAGES->author

15 October, 2018 09:16
Quote:
Loyden1
It's like mini Poland round there hkr.

Cheers loyden, Poles n steelworks and lots of Lech Walesa lookalikes lol..its been a while since ive been round Deeside. Last time I was there I remember having a couple of quick pints in that pub next to Shotton railway station. Is the Deeside leisure centre and ice rink still there? There used to be a good swimming baths in Connahs Quay with really high diving boards.

MESSAGES->author

15 October, 2018 09:43
Hi loyden , funny joke my pal texted me today...

The pope is handing out miracles to kids in Liverpool. Young Billy walks on stage and says 'can you help me with my hearing?' The pope replies ' I sure can my child' and puts his hands over Billys ears and starts to pray. He then removes his hands and says ' how is your hearing now?' Billy says ' I don't know, its not until next wednesday.'

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 09:53
HKR it really is the way you tell them !!!!!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 11:54
Ha ha will tell my scouse wife that

15 October, 2018 16:33
@ Jal Jal

Hi mate, are you Jal Jal or Jai Jai? There seems to be a bit of confusion. And I like the agreeable nature of communication twixt you and the SWA. Just how it should be - the antithesis of that muppet Dai, who gives martial arts a bad name.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 18:09
Hi Twelfth

It's supposed to be jal my initials, but it was already taken so it said, so I changed it to jal jal the J is for John
As you know I'm an Imp ST holder but a fan of Tranmere, I've been a member here since 2008 but didn't used to post regularly just read the forum replies. but we both seem to be on the up and I hope it lasts till May and beyond.

16 October, 2018 09:15
Yeah, I'd (grudgingly) accept the Imps as champs if we went up too

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

16 October, 2018 13:10
Hi Twelfth

I couldn't careless 1st - 2nd or 3rd would be OK - or even through the play offs as long as we go up as well.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

16 October, 2018 21:48
I object to this comment. I used to work in Deeside and there are several things to do there... erm...well 3 spring to mind... like drink outside in the Whetherspoons next to Shotton Station whilst it is still light, shop at a Polski Sklep, or get the feck out of there on one of the frequent buses to Chester and don't go back.

TBF the area suffered the biggest mass redundancy in the country The steelworks still exists but when the Steelworks effectively closed down. The Steelworks is still there on reduced staff but many of the local jobs have been taken up by EU migrants, such as at the Two Sisters Chicken Factory in Sandicroft and the demographic totally changed.This is no criticism of Eastern Europeans as they have taken jobs no-one else wanted and they are prepared to work hard on minimum wage.

However the natives have sen their, once prosperous, industrial area transformed by the influx and the lack of traditionally male jobs at the steelworks.

County line drug dealers have moved in and it is no longer a "Community" but a Survival Zone.

EDIT... this was in reply to HKR@S post and I have no idea how I managed to get a political Diatribe into a thread about poor Refs in L2!! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2018 21:51 by Yiggsy.

MESSAGES->author

16 October, 2018 22:24
Quote:
Yiggsy
I object to this comment. I used to work in Deeside and there are several things to do there... erm...well 3 spring to mind... like drink outside in the Whetherspoons next to Shotton Station whilst it is still light, shop at a Polski Sklep, or get the feck out of there on one of the frequent buses to Chester and don't go back.
TBF the area suffered the biggest mass redundancy in the country The steelworks still exists but when the Steelworks effectively closed down. The Steelworks is still there on reduced staff but many of the local jobs have been taken up by EU migrants, such as at the Two Sisters Chicken Factory in Sandicroft and the demographic totally changed.This is no criticism of Eastern Europeans as they have taken jobs no-one else wanted and they are prepared to work hard on minimum wage.

However the natives have sen their, once prosperous, industrial area transformed by the influx and the lack of traditionally male jobs at the steelworks.

County line drug dealers have moved in and it is no longer a "Community" but a Survival Zone.

EDIT... this was in reply to HKR@S post and I have no idea how I managed to get a political Diatribe into a thread about poor Refs in L2!! winking smiley

hi yiggsy, its quite sad to see the decline of a once thriving industrial area. I remember when the steelworks was operational and it was quite common to see loads of freight trains running on the bidston to wrexham line, with what was always 2 x class 31 diesels pulling a load of john summers hopper wagons loaded with iron ore and running to and from Birkenhead/ the bidston dock and the shotton steelworks,, sadly no more. thatcher and her deindustrialization eh!

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

17 October, 2018 21:45
Hi HKR,
Didn't mean to go off on one but the area has been ess aitch one tee'd on from above. They have Airbus close by at Broughton but that requires a lot of very skilled workers who come from all around the place.
Gary Speed (GRHS) and "Kevin Ratcliffe both came from Mancot which is between Queensferry and Saltney. If you think "Time" forgot Ellesmere Port then, by comparison, "Time" never knew these places existed so never even bothered.

As mentioned above, the Demographic has changed rapidly and been enforced on local inhabitants whether they like it or not. That is not any criticism of those who have moved in to take up what low paid jobs are available but it has left in its wake a realm of Ghost towns devoid of Community Spirit and rife pickings for the County Line Boys who are in the process of extracting the guts of what is left and casting them to the Vultures.

I would be confident in saying that the most common native language in Deeside is English with Polish second and Welsh tailed off third by now.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2018 00:44
Sorry Yiggsy but I'm struggling getting round this "the area has been ess aitch one tee'd on from above"

19 October, 2018 09:03
@ acc928 (is that really your acronym, or are you simply the 928th account to register on these boards)...

It's phonetics, innit Yiggsy?

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

19 October, 2018 15:12
Quote:
acc928
Sorry Yiggsy but I'm struggling getting round this "the area has been ess aitch one tee'd on from above"

erm... Well "ess" is "S"

"aitch" is "H"

"one" is 1... see the pattern? SH1

and "tee" is something you stick your golf ball on when you are hitting it with a driver! winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net