football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Macclesfield
11 October, 2018 09:26
Remember Shaumbras Macclesfield lol when they lost 8-0 he who laughs last ,laughs longest we have to get over Tuesdays debacle.i am sure we will be fine not sure the fringe players will be when MM is finished with them ,but hopefully normal service will be resumed so 2-0 to the rovers, come on the whites

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield
11 October, 2018 17:17
Anybody know if they have a new manager yet?

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 17:17

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 17:23
4-2 rovers

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 18:01
Quote:
prentonpete1
think whiter interim manager

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 18:44
Approached ronnie i believe

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 20:39
Our Bogey side... JohnJoe Shelvey, AKA Danny Whitaker, Will carve us open at some point and they will score and then call on the Physio to get his wheelchair WD40'd up for the second half.
Harvey Gilmour will rescue us with a header and then we will pound their goal. Their keeper will play a Blinder and we will have at least 2 stonewall pens denied.

Rock on. It's Friday night, it's Rovers

C'mon the SWA!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 22:29
Quote:
Yiggsy
Our Bogey side... JohnJoe Shelvey, AKA Danny Whitaker, Will carve us open at some point and they will score and then call on the Physio to get his wheelchair WD40'd up for the second half.
Harvey Gilmour will rescue us with a header and then we will pound their goal. Their keeper will play a Blinder and we will have at least 2 stonewall pens denied.

Rock on. It's Friday night, it's Rovers

C'mon the SWA!

Our bogey ref too?

Anthony Backhouse who we last encountered at Wembley when we lost 3-1 to Forest Green.

We also had him three times that season in the league-lost two of them too,2-1 away at Lincoln and 2-0 at home to Dagenham and Redbridge. Drew 0-0 with Chester [our only point with him in charge]

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 11:42
Bogey? Fact is, the team just played badly..

Fiftyyearsarover

12 October, 2018 12:54
It’s going to be be a wet horrible windy evening always a bit dubious about such nights anything can happen but perhaps it’s just me 😡

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 13:07
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It’s going to be be a wet horrible windy evening always a bit dubious about such nights anything can happen but perhaps it’s just me 😡

Got to disagree there, the last time we had to play in wet and windy weather was away at Fylde on New Years day and that turned out to be a great result......

Oh hang on.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 13:50
They will ultimately playing for a draw or not to lose got to be careful they don't grab a goal against the run of play but think we will win 2-0

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 14:37
Good luck for tonight I've got you down for a 3-0 win

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 14:46
Macclesfield town tonight are going to be put back were they belong - in the same league as chester fc. they are the type of team that for some reason get under your skin and hang round like a bad smell. but I have no doubt if tranmere can beat the top team in this league - Lincoln city we can also beat the bottom team in Macclesfield town. as everyone knows when we win tonight we will go 4th overnight with Lincoln city in our sights. so come on tranmere - we will win 3-0 with james norwood with 2 and johnny smith with 1.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 15:26
Difference being Lincoln came to try and win Baldyone Macc will be coming just not to get beat and anything else a bonus. Tough game coming up.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 15:39
I am the eternal optimist and back us to beat ANYONE . However , tonight , for the first time I'm a little wary . Although they are yet to win , probability states that they will win at some point . Coupled with their manager being sacked I reckon they'll be out to prove a point and give an extra 10% . I'll still be there tonight and just hope we avoid a banana skin .

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 15:44
uptonrover - I quite agree with your point. as you say- Lincoln city had the players with enough skill and flair to come to prenton park and try to win. were as Macclesfield town will park 2 big double deckers and most probably be happy with a draw. but because they are bottom of the league and have not won yet sooner or later we should be able to wear them down. maybe saying we would win 3-0 was being to confident. if you compared the quality in both teams - we have certainly got better players so lets hope there is no slip ups.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 16:37
What a nightmare getting out of Wales it’s been today!

Think we’ll come out with a 2 goal win though.

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 17:05
Off the pub now, 2-0 Rovers Norwood and Smith would suit me nicely.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 19:00
Norwood and Caprice back for Mullin and Zoum.

Interesting MM has only named 6 subs so I guess he meant it when he said that none of the players who played at Shrewsbury were anywhere near a starting spot after their performances!!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 19:17
I am hoping that we will have a game where more than 2 are scored with Norwood in the side yawning smiley)

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 21:49
Great win

Fiftyyearsarover

12 October, 2018 22:19
If the gate was 6800 that’s brilliant for a miserable night ,another 3 pts not an easy game ,only downside was the missed chances ,but a win is a win well done rovers .what loans Smith and Gilmore are .i am like a turkey, not looking forward to Christmas as they may be recalled 😡

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 22:29
The result is all that matters !Not at their best but it's a win and it was Macc.We needed that .☺

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 22:40
BBC report is a joke....

"Macc's James Norwood was also thwarted by Tranmere goalkeeper Rhys Taylor."

It was always going to be a tough game, I wasn't at the game but watched on iFollow....Macc set up to be difficult to beat and didn't have a huge amount going forward. Although we did have a fair amount of control of the game we made hard work of creating chances, apart from 15-20 minutes around the goal. The facts are though we've had 3 league wins on the bounce, beaten the top and bottom teams and sit 4th in the table, its something I'd have take at the start of the season. This game was one I feared would be the proverbial banana skin.

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 23:02
Quote:
ADD
Norwood and Caprice back for Mullin and Zoum.
Interesting MM has only named 6 subs so I guess he meant it when he said that none of the players who played at Shrewsbury were anywhere near a starting spot after their performances!!
It was nowt to do with Tuesdays debacle we had to have a player who came through our ranks and MM felt we had nobody who fitted that criteria to go on the bench.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 23:21
Thanks Jim that explains it. Although there must be injuries too. Rides Tollit are our players

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 23:36
A good result, but enough chances to make the result safe. 1-0 was all that was needed, but 2-0 would have just warned off the chance of them getting one back and stopping the win, but 3 in a row is a great result. Really happy for Gilmour to be getting another goal and he is certainly making his mark.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 00:24
Respect to Macc they worked hard and got the ball in our net. Standard of the officials no idea if it was offside. Free kick came out off the post. Then Connor made a fantastic determined man of the match run down the left and sets up Harvey. Only one winner after that

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 02:14
Good win last night and a good size crowd too. Up to 4th in the table. Onwards n upwards. Two long away trips next for the Rovers and both of them down in the west country. Drink up thy zider!

Gunslinger
Gunslinger (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 06:13
Deserved to win the game on balance against a poor Macclesfield side what with Nors' and Connor's clear-cut goal-scoring opportunities in the second half. Connor seemed almost back to his old self in the second half and did well to beat two opposing players in setting up the goal. What a finish though from Gilmour! He's turning out to be a real gem. Connor now needs to step up his game against better opposition. Despite the near-7000 crowd, it felt really subdued in the Kop until we scored and even then we were not really at full voice. Three points bagged, that's what matters. And the table never lies!

Older blue
Older blue (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 07:59
I actually thought the crowd on the kop were great and deserved man of the match in the second half and lifted the team.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 08:07
Ive been quite critical of Connor so far this season but last night he showed glimpses of getting back. Really good work by him for the goal. McCullough i thought was very good. Didnt do anything spectacular but was just always in the way, breaking Macclesfield up. Macclesfield surprised me in trying to play a bit but to be honest they were awful, worst team ive seen this season. Dont want to get carried away, but if teams get promotion, games like this are pinpointed as crucil - awful weather, against an awful team and we get the 3 points. Lets just keepour heads down and keep collecting points. SWA

GoodoIsGod
GoodoIsGod (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 08:58
Made up with the 3 points from last night.

Again, like a lot of people, I've been critical of Connor. I thought he had an absolute shocker of a first half. Seemed to wake up half way through the second and the first time he looked properly switched on, he produces that. Which is frustrating because the lad has got the talent to do it all the time. But can't argue at an assist like that. Certainly not MOTM material though.

Gilmour. What can I say. What a finish. Seems to excel in doing the spectacular. Frustrating at times as well. Seemed to struggle last night with 5 yard passes and just doing the absolute basics. But he needs to be in there because he can produce things like that.

Thought we were great through the middle. Banks and McCullough dominated for me. Picking up a lot of scrappy 50-50's and doing the gritty stuff very well. Exactly what we need in League Two.

Steve. Worryingly good again. Good to see him on the back of a few of the others (Bucko, Caprice etc) organising and giving them a kick up the backside when they switch off defensively now and then.

Norwood. Unsung hero last night for me. Won so many headers, long balls, 50-50's and just didn't stop running. Tough job up there when you're all alone, but he's adapting well to the 5 in the middle. I've never seen anyone so frustrated with themselves for missing a chance, shows how much the lad cares.

All in all, these are the wins that we will look back on at the end of the season as vital. Not pretty, but 3 points. Think our wingers have still got a bit of work to do at the moment, if they can step it up another 10-20% I can see us being a real force.

SWA.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 09:49
don,t know whether after 2 good wins we were a bit complacent but 4-5-1 didn,t seem to work mac looked like a vanarama team already I said to my son-in-law I,d take conor & Harvey off then look what happens great build up & finish which is why I,m not in the dugout !!!! still 3pts fantastic turnout in terrible conditions

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 10:35
Just seen that the Cheltenham V Yeovil game has been postponed. If that doesn’t get rescheduled for befor eour game then they’ve had a nice little break/ could get a little bit of ring-rust.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 11:22
Quote:
Older blue
I actually thought the crowd on the kop were great and deserved man of the match in the second half and lifted the team.

There was one guy near me wearing headphones and watching England game on an iPad. Don't know why he bothered coming to the game!

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 13:21
I agree Macclesfield need to get somebody in the Ronnie syndrome could work for them he could keep them up we need local derbies.
I'm sorry to say we won't go up this season we don'thave the strength in depth better to consolidate and strengthen for next season.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 13:40
Quote:
paulbyron
don,t know whether after 2 good wins we were a bit complacent but 4-5-1 didn,t seem to work mac looked like a vanarama team already I said to my son-in-law I,d take conor & Harvey off then look what happens great build up & finish which is why I,m not in the dugout !!!! still 3pts fantastic turnout in terrible conditions

Mullin should have been brought on in the second half to help Norwood up front.We were not playing the right game last night to get the best out of James.He needed support and for most of the game didn't get enough of it.

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 22:53
Quote:
kennyspint
Thanks Jim that explains it. Although there must be injuries too. Rides Tollit are our players
I didn't explain it properly in my first post when i said through the ranks i mean't from youth level we only have Wharton,Pilling,Gumbs Stockton and youth team players who qualify and if none of these are in the eighteen picked we can only choose 6 subs and it seems with Pilling on loan Stockton and Gumbs injured and going for George on the bench he still could have chosen a youth team player to fill the seventh spot but he decided against that.Hope that explains it a bit complicated isn't it.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 01:19
OK thanks for that it's clear now. Bit of a shame for a club like Tranmere not to have a trainee available.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:47
Quote:
kennyspint
OK thanks for that it's clear now. Bit of a shame for a club like Tranmere not to have a trainee available.
We had trainees available Kenny but MM said post match he didn't feel it was right to put someone on the bench who didn't deserve it just to make up the numbers..

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

17 October, 2018 21:18
Macc got lucky last year, I watched a few of their televised games and they were a pretty average side that just kept getting lucky! They were far from the best team in the league but if you get 5 lucky wins in a season it can catapult you from mid table to top.

We weren’t brilliant either, but I think we’ve maintained the fact that we play league football and we’ll make our own luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net