football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

tranmere rovers - super white army
10 October, 2018 08:44
let me start by saying I am not going to slag off any players after last nights game even though the result was terrible. but the least the manager can do is come out today and say sorry to the travelling 120 approx. tranmere rovers fans. because them 120 people spent their hard earned money and gave up their Tuesday evening to travel to Shropshire and in return they were given a pathetic display. in fact I would even say that the club should refund the 120 fans their travel costs to show that they really care. shrewsbury town are just an average team but we made them look like Barcelona. I really think some tranmere players did not want to be on the pitch last night and that is not good enough.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: tranmere rovers - super white army
10 October, 2018 08:47
No way should the club consider refunding the ''120''. They knew what sort of team we were going to field before they chose to go.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 09:47
Spot on hoots .i did say save your money and energy for Friday ,not knocking those that went it’s their time and money ,but I don’t think for a moment they want a refund ,you pays your money you takes your chance As the saying goes .any way only the FA cup left so let’s hope we finally get a decent run and at least one good payday

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:00
I'd give them all free tickets for the man city game! The only way we'll get a crowd!

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 12:55
can you please explain to me the fact you said about the travelling tranmere fans knew what type of team was going to be picked - even though the team sheet does not get put out until 1 hour before kick off. if you quite clearly do not mind getting beat 6-0 then I am lost for words. I still see micky mellon is as quiet as a doormouse and still not said sorry. I suppose after last nights performance you would offer him round to your house for tea and scones. if you really think the fans do not deserve a refund - then I must be lord lucan.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 13:31
Quote:
the baldy one
can you please explain to me the fact you said about the travelling tranmere fans knew what type of team was going to be picked - even though the team sheet does not get put out until 1 hour before kick off. if you quite clearly do not mind getting beat 6-0 then I am lost for words. I still see micky mellon is as quiet as a doormouse and still not said sorry. I suppose after last nights performance you would offer him round to your house for tea and scones. if you really think the fans do not deserve a refund - then I must be lord lucan.

He said after the Morecambe game that there'd be changes and those who needed playing time would get it.

Fiftyyearsarover

10 October, 2018 15:04
Hoots is right MM stated it would be a changed side others given a chance ,obviously failed big time .king Kong v Larry the Lamb

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 16:31
I wouldn't be surprised if MM didn't adopt the same strategy in the FA Cup but, hopefully not 10 changes, as last night!!!!!

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 16:42
It was very clear from what MM said that there would be a much changed side at Shrewsbury. You need to keep abreast of club news instead of constantly moaning about a variety of Tranmere related topics.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 17:23
Friday's game is far more important than a tin pot cup game. MM was absolutely clear on what he would do for the team selection, ensuring that the first team get rest and squad players get some action. No need to apologise for that approach.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 17:42
Quote:
853OKG
Friday's game is far more important than a tin pot cup game. MM was absolutely clear on what he would do for the team selection, ensuring that the first team get rest and squad players get some action. No need to apologise for that approach.
I agree with all of that but the fact was that this was not like the dead game at Maidstone 2 years ago where we played nearly all youth players. These were seasoned professionals aside from Wharton. Yes some were not 100% match fit so I would have accepted that they held their own for 70 minutes and conceded a few in the last 20 minutes as they tired.
They however contrived to be lame after a good first 5 minutes for the remaining 85! Yes I also don't really care that we lost but to lose by 6 is embarrassing which I am not happy about and even more importantly the performances of the squad players was such as to suggest our supposed strength in depth is illusory!

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 20:48
They made 7 changes from Saturday also, yet they still took the p1$$ on the field. Myself, I’m just happy it’s over. It is embarrassing, don’t care what you say, all anyone sees is 6-0.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 21:04
Watching the post match interview MM seems to be fuming. Whilst acknowledging he played a reserve side he still expected the players (some very experienced) to actually put some effort in. Was interesting how he states that some players selection in the forthcoming weeks will be judged on how they played ie no chance of playing now!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 21:12
Reading the Shrewsbury forum, to them they beat Tranmere. Not the reserves.
They make jokes that Mickey continued a losing streak at Shrewsbury's ground and consider his new team a bunch of underachievers.
Can see why Mickey is smarting BUT very brave knowing he could go there with a full strength squad and prove a point or go with the reserves and have them point fun at him.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 22:10
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
853OKG
I agree with all of that but the fact was that this was not like the dead game at Maidstone 2 years ago where we played nearly all youth players. These were seasoned professionals aside from Wharton. Yes some were not 100% match fit so I would have accepted that they held their own for 70 minutes and conceded a few in the last 20 minutes as they tired.
They however contrived to be lame after a good first 5 minutes for the remaining 85! Yes I also don't really care
that we lost but to lose by 6 is embarrassing which I am not happy about and even more importantly the performances of the squad players was such as to suggest our supposed strength in depth is illusory!

Agreed, the worry for me is also that this was a squad team not a reserves significantly detached from the squad, so these guys should be pushing for a place. From what I hear, as I wasn't there, we need to keep the 1st 11 fit!!
Now was it poor attutude or ability? Did anyone come out with any credibility?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 19:21
They were individuals who didn't play as a team. Given the lack of reserve games, not sure what we can expect. Must be a challenge just keeping fit and doing practice games

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 23:25
Totally agree about reserve games. How much would it cost? Players need to play

Fiftyyearsarover

12 October, 2018 23:32
But surely if you want to make the first team you really strive to impress when you get the chance .perhaps they had a team huddle and said on the lines of “remember the young side with 11 changes who won at Maidstone ,well it didn’t do them any good ,most got binned “make sure it won’t happen to us . Sorry guys just being facisius.really not good enough

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 10:44
There's another behind closed doors match this Tuesday so they at least will have another chance to get their fitness levels up and maybe find some cohesion...

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 11:17
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
But surely if you want to make the first team you really strive to impress when you get the chance .perhaps they had a team huddle and said on the lines of “remember the young side with 11 changes who won at Maidstone ,well it didn’t do them any good ,most got binned “make sure it won’t happen to us . Sorry guys just being facisius.really not good enough

Players need to play in competitive games. If you throw in almost a whole team of players who haven't, then it is unlikely they will gel. The youth team that played had been playing games together as far as I am aware.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net