football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

FA Cup 4th round qualifying draw
08 October, 2018 15:43
The draw has taken place and this the final round before the 1st round proper when Rovers will enter the competition. See that Wrexham have been drawn away to Harrogate Town, a toughie for the Welshmen there then.. Ive just been perusing the full draw ( both north and south draws ) for the 4th qualifying round and Chesters conquerers, Dunston UTS have a home tie vs local neighbours Gateshead, and its Marine v Salford City..If Rovers are looking for a relatively easy passage into the 2nd round then hopefully the first round will be Tranmere Rovers v Alfreton Town or St Neots Town/Coalville Town.. Just hope to god we dont get Peterborough ****ing United again in the 1st round , lol. The 4th qualifying round of matches takes place over the weekend of Oct 20, 21.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: FA Cup 4th round qualifying draw
08 October, 2018 15:44
Nice to see you back.

MESSAGES->author

08 October, 2018 15:46
Quote:
Tranmere69
Nice to see you back.

Cheers mate, I gave myself a bit of break from the forum for a short while. Great to see Rovers take 7 pts from their last 3 games, and the European team kick that Yankee ass at the Ryder Cup golf.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 16:21 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

09 October, 2018 11:28
Your right there HKR ,please not Peterborough .we are due a decent FA cup run never had one for years ,a decent cup run can make all the difference money wise ,look what it did for our chums at Lincoln .and spent wisely it makes a huge difference

09 October, 2018 13:19
@ HKR...

"Just hope to god we dont get Peterborough ****ing United again in the 1st round , lol. The 4th qualifying round of matches takes place over the weekend of Oct 20, 21."

Hi Hong Kong, think you've just guaranteed us a 1st round tie against...

...Peterboro Utd!

Maybe they'll be concentrating so hard on the league that they won't notice us sneaking past them. In the (now likely) event of us actually getting them, surely one day this perennial cup tie will go our way... surely?

MESSAGES->author

18 October, 2018 17:51
Quote:
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
@ HKR...
"Just hope to god we dont get Peterborough ****ing United again in the 1st round , lol. The 4th qualifying round of matches takes place over the weekend of Oct 20, 21."

Hi Hong Kong, think you've just guaranteed us a 1st round tie against...

...Peterboro Utd!

Maybe they'll be concentrating so hard on the league that they won't notice us sneaking past them. In the (now likely) event of us actually getting them, surely one day this perennial cup tie will go our way... surely?

lol, the draw for the 1st round proper takes place this coming Monday 7pm UK time.. please please please NOT the Posh!

MESSAGES->author

18 October, 2018 17:55
would love Rovers to be in the hat for the 3rd round draw when all the big clubs join in. FA Cup 3rd round day has always been a special day in the English footballing calendar.

MESSAGES->author

18 October, 2018 18:01
bollox to the carabao and checkatrade, but not the FA Cup.

belmont63
belmont63 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2018 18:09
Quote:
hong kong rover
including 27/2/00?

MESSAGES->author

18 October, 2018 18:22
Quote:
belmont63
Quote:
hong kong rover
including 27/2/00?

it was the worthingtons then and not the carabao lol

Quiz, Q. Who can name all the different sponsors for the Football league cup?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2018 18:24 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

18 October, 2018 20:25
Argyle Taxi's, Capri Sun, The Daily Telegraph, Laughing Cow Cheese, Datsun Cars, Interflora, Smirnoff, The government of Tanzania, Richard Branson and Lidl.

I'm fairly certain I'm right, but there may be one or two mistakes there.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

18 October, 2018 21:05
Quote:
Matt34
Argyle Taxi's, Capri Sun, The Daily Telegraph, Laughing Cow Cheese, Datsun Cars, Interflora, Smirnoff, The government of Tanzania, Richard Branson and Lidl.
You forgot Lord Lucan and the Tooth Fairy.

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

19 October, 2018 08:02
Quote:
Matt34
I think you will find your wrong
[en.m.wikipedia.org]
Amazing what a bit of click and paste can do and bit of browsing on web .

belmont63
belmont63 (IP Logged)

19 October, 2018 14:16
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
belmont63
Quote:
hong kong rover
including 27/2/00?

LOL? Its the same competition whether its sponsored by Carabao, Lidl or a beer company. Following HKR logic that a competition's worth depends on who sponsors it just hope Carabao don't sponsor the EFL when the current deal ends.That would have us back in the Vanarama or worse.

MESSAGES->author

19 October, 2018 14:34
Quote:
belmont63
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
belmont63
Quote:
hong kong rover
including 27/2/00?

LOL? Its the same competition whether its sponsored by Carabao, Lidl or a beer company. Following HKR logic that a competition's worth depends on who sponsors it just hope Carabao don't sponsor the EFL when the current deal ends.That would have us back in the Vanarama or worse.

for goodness sake, I was only talking about bollox to the carabao for THIS season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 14:40 by hong kong rover.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 October, 2018 16:53
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
belmont63
Quote:
hong kong rover
including 27/2/00?

Rumbelows/Rumbalows (??) littlewoods, Milk Cup, Worthingtons, Coca Cola, Carabao, Capital One, Molson Coors. I think not in that order

The Bells in Red hold of most of the records in the competition including highest score which was 10-0 v Fulham in the 80’s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2018 16:57 by Higgosboots.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

19 October, 2018 19:12
Oh I'd love a trip to Peterborough.

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

20 October, 2018 16:20
Tranmere Number 45 Wrexham 56

Keep the Faith

MESSAGES->author

20 October, 2018 16:26
Quote:
Temple Road

Keep the Faith

hi temple road, how are u keeping? hope all is well. ive just been scanning thru todays FA cup results. wrexham will have a replay.. Metropolitan police have got thru to the first round proper, we will have to be on our best behaviour if we are drawn against them lol.. peterboro number 34.

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

20 October, 2018 17:34
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Temple Road

Keep the Faith

hi temple road, how are u keeping? hope all is well. ive just been scanning thru todays FA cup results. wrexham will have a replay.. Metropolitan police have got thru to the first round proper, we will have to be on our best behaviour if we are drawn against them lol.. peterboro number 34.

Hi HKR.

I am fine thanks mate; hope you and yours are all well mate.The way we have been playing this season we might have another Wembley trip on the cards.

Looking forward to the draw, I would hate to draw Peter Bruff, after our last game at P.P. it was awful to watch.

It would nice to have Dia Kwando's lot here in the Cup, hope they get out of that league, but Salford seem able to buy their way through the Divisions so far.

Lol with the Met Police might be a good fixture.

Cheers Pal

Keep the Faith

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 October, 2018 18:27
Imagine the met having a run in with those clwyd police.could look like a war zone

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

22 October, 2018 05:42
Successive rounds of two real lower league opposition at home followed by a money spinning tie would be ideal. That way every small club makes money on each tie.
But it will probably be Peterborough away.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

22 October, 2018 07:45
Southport or Warrington (after their reply) but got a feeling for Ebbsfleet or Walsall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 07:45 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author

22 October, 2018 09:59
I can see it coming , its gonna be the first draw out of the hat..

HOST - good evening and welcome to tonights FA cup draw when the league 1 and 2 clubs enter the competition. With us tonight, we have Mr X who will be pulling out the home teams and Mr Y who will be pulling out the away teams..Gentlemen, when you are ready please commence the draw..

Mr X - ( delve , rattle rattle chink chink ) Number 34..

HOST - Thats Peterborough United.

All Rovers fans - oh please god No.

Mr Y - ( delve, rattle rattle chink chink ) Number 45..

HOST - Will play Tranmere Rovers.

All Rovers fans - oh! FFS..Would you Adam n Eve it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 12:00 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover

22 October, 2018 10:46
FFS HKR you will be stripped of your SWA membership if that happens 🙊

MESSAGES->author

22 October, 2018 11:55
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
FFS HKR you will be stripped of your SWA membership if that happens 🙊

Lol..on the subject of Peterboro', they lost at home to Accrington Stanley on Saturday..Fair play to Stanley, they are doing well at the moment in league 1. And Barnsley won 4-1 at London Rd quite recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 12:05 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

22 October, 2018 12:11
I watched Barnsley v Luton over the recent internationals weekend. It was the early game and I got a live stream for it. I was quite impressed with Barnsley in their 3-2 win. They are in with a shout of returning to the championship.

MESSAGES->author

22 October, 2018 14:28
see the prize money for the FA Cup is good this year and certainly not to be sniffed at..

win your 1st round = 36,000 quid to each club

win your 2nd round = 54,000 quid to each club

win your 3rd round = 135,500 quid to each club

PS. the prize money has doubled from last season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 14:38 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

22 October, 2018 14:32
if we win the FA Cup we will receive a cool 3.6 million quid.. also tv money could be good too, the tv people are always in the habit of televising some of the lowest ranked teams in the competition when they are drawn against league opposition.. TRFC v Met Police could bring in some extra revenue for us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 15:11 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover

22 October, 2018 16:46
Live draw bbc2 7-10 pm tonight (Monday)

MESSAGES->author

22 October, 2018 18:24
we are at home to the winners of Hemel Hempstead/Oxford City.. could possibly be televised and hopefully 36,000 quid coming our way. stayed up for the draw, off to bed now..

ps, Shrewsbury v Salford could be interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2018 18:32 by hong kong rover.

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

22 October, 2018 18:50
Quite pleased with that, home draw, lower league opposition (slim) chance of it being televised Wembley here we come!

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

22 October, 2018 20:17
Pleased with the draw but just a word of caution! Last year Oxford won at Colchester in the first round and played Notts County away . There they were 2 down but fought back to equalise only to lose to a last minute goal!!
Hemel Hempstead in contrast lost in the 3rd qualifying round 3-0 to Bath City!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 October, 2018 21:18
Quote:
martyd12
Pleased with the draw but just a word of caution! Last year Oxford won at Colchester in the first round and played Notts County away . There they were 2 down but fought back to equalise only to lose to a last minute goal!!

Last time Hemel were in the FA Cup against a league team,they led at Bury and were still level until they conceded twice in the 88th and 90 something minutes [3-1]

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

22 October, 2018 21:53
Quote:
hong kong rover
we are at home to the winners of Hemel Hempstead/Oxford City.. could possibly be televised and hopefully 36,000 quid coming our way. stayed up for the draw, off to bed now..

ps, Shrewsbury v Salford could be interesting.
No way will that be televised if the draw had been us as the away team might have been a chance but the game could get moved to Sunday as one of the number of games that the BBC dip in and out of.

MESSAGES->author

23 October, 2018 08:06
Quote:
martyd12

Good point what u say about oxford city. I watched their game at notts county on a live stream and they were incredibly unlucky to lose It right at the death.

MESSAGES->author

23 October, 2018 08:20
Shrewsbury v Salford City could be an interesting tie.Has all the ingredients of a cup shock on the cards, a non league club going very well away at a struggling league 1 club...If Wrexham win their replay vs Harrogate then they will be away to Weston-Super-Mare..be a laugh if Wrexhams trip to the west country turned into a Weston-Super-Nightmare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2018 10:52 by hong kong rover.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

23 October, 2018 11:28
I presume the share of the gate for FA Cup games still remains at 45% to the home and away sides and 10% to the FA, interesting to note the increase for progressing past each round has increased - that alone makes it worth reaching round three......

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 October, 2018 23:17
Good job it wasn't met police as the opposition, as it would be bad to be 1-0 up at home only for them to "nick" a last minute equaliser and force an unwanted replay; as that could be seen as "daylight robbery" in some peoples eyes. (Sm7)

Having said that the modest ticket prices at a club like that, could possibly be seen as a steal, rather than an extortion attempt.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author

25 October, 2018 22:49
Quote:
Matt34
Good job it wasn't met police as the opposition, as it would be bad to be 1-0 up at home only for them to "nick" a last minute equaliser and force an unwanted replay; as that could be seen as "daylight robbery" in some peoples eyes. (Sm7)
Having said that the modest ticket prices at a club like that, could possibly be seen as a steal, rather than an extortion attempt.

Lol nice one Matt..Both Everton and Watford take to the pitch to the tune of Z-Cars..I wonder if the Met Police do too? Also, not forgetting that the Met Police ground is situated on 'Letsbee Avenue.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2018 22:57 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

25 October, 2018 23:07
I wonder which would be the best TV cop theme tune for Met Police to walk out on to the pitch to?

The Sweeney?
The Streets of San Francisco?
Juliet Bravo?
Kojak?
Starsky and Hutch?
Hill Street Blues?
Frank Cannon?
Police Woman? ( sexy Angie Dickinson, she can handcuff me If she likes.)

Btw , The Sweeney opening theme tune ( a real fanfare of a tune ) along with the theme tune to Dave Allen at Large, are my all time fave TV songs.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2018 00:56 by hong kong rover.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

25 October, 2018 23:13
Straight up, they actually enter the pitch to "I fought the law" by the Clash!

MESSAGES->author

25 October, 2018 23:33
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Straight up, they actually enter the pitch to "I fought the law" by the Clash!

Lol, nice one...if Rovers were ever to scrap the Rockford Files ( and god hope they never do ) then I would recommend the Dave Allen at Large theme..Brilliant tune.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net