football
Latest News:
 

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 07:07
Anyone still bothered. I know some of us saw some value in this competition before or first game, but considering :-

a) League 1 opposition and the fact that qualification to the group stage seems unlikely
b) Our position in L2
c) We're playing Friday so only 3 days to the next game

I expired nothing more than a pure reserves squad and an even lower attendance than the first game.

I realise that it was perhaps unnecessary to punctuate each point with the first three letters of the alphabet but I'm gonna stick with it for now. If you prefer numbers, bullet points or maybe just a regular sentence / paragraph, let me know in the comments below

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 07:54
Give the guys in the squad a chance to see what they can do league more important , the FA cup, usual team, no one really interested in this trophy .

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 08:26
I don't know for sure but I think city crewe and Salop along with us have all lost and as the ist 2 qualify then we still have a chance.and yes agree with the fringe players getting a game

 
Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 15:14
I would have preferred:

i)
ii)
iii)

Mainly for aesthetic reasons.

My lineup would be:

George
Ridehalgh even if injured, Gumbs, Ellis, Caprice
Mottley Henry, Harris, Williams, Cole, Tollit
Akammadu

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 16:27
My line up would be.
Wharton ( I think George has gone bacK?) and he deserves a chance as we need someone to put pressure on Davies like we do for all our players..
Spellman, Rides Sutton, Caprice
DMH, Harris, Williams, Cole
Tollit, Stockton

That makes Rides, Sutton, Tollitt and Stockton as the 4 qualified players

I think Gumbs is too far away injury wise and in any event is not a qualified player. Alternatively if DMH is a qualified player which I expect he is as played in majority of games this season (albeit from bench) then no need to play Stockton (who I would sub early anyway) and play ano up front. How's about Waring? Is he still around?
Looking forward to seeing how Williams does. Think he should be good....

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 17:28
Think stockton having hernia op

 
Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
08 October, 2018 17:29
Quote:
Hardly Irons
I would have preferred:
i)
ii)
iii)

Mainly for aesthetic reasons.

My lineup would be:

George
Ridehalgh even if injured, Gumbs, Ellis, Caprice
Mottley Henry, Harris, Williams, Cole, Tollit
Akammadu

Nice (on both counts). Looking forward to seeing rides hopping around the pitch

 
gazza102
gazza102 (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 14:33
Picking a team for tonight will be really hard given the rules of the competition which are
"Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition)."

Presumably this means four from Saturday have to start. My four would be Buxton, Monthe, Smith and Mullin. Would definately leave out McNulty, Banks, McDonough, Gilmour, Jennings and Norwood. It will be interesting.

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 16:42
Might be worth giving Nor half an hour, or it will be near on 2 weeks between games.

 
Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 16:56
Quote:
gazza102
Picking a team for tonight will be really hard given the rules of the competition which are
"Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition)."

Presumably this means four from Saturday have to start. My four would be Buxton, Monthe, Smith and Mullin. Would definately leave out McNulty, Banks, McDonough, Gilmour, Jennings and Norwood. It will be interesting.

To me it reads four from last Saturday or this coming Friday. Ridehalgh has probably played 40 (or I expect is in the top 10)

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 17:08
Good line up for us tonight. Good to see Sutton back. Tollit getting game time. Akammadu playing. Anybody know where George is? Has he gone back or is he injured?

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 17:30
Surprised by how strong a side we have put out!
Wharton
Caprice
Elis
Sutton
Buxton
Tollitt
Williams (first game!!
DMH
Harris
Cole
Akammadu

Pleased to see youth keeper Passant on bench Monthe Smith Jennings Norwood Gilmour Mullin also.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 17:34 by ADD.

 
Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 17:59
Quote:
ADD
Surprised by how strong a side we have put out!
Wharton
Caprice
Elis
Sutton
Buxton
Tollitt
Williams (first game!!
DMH
Harris
Cole
Akammadu

Pleased to see youth keeper Passant on bench Monthe Smith Jennings Norwood Gilmour Mullin also.

If that's an approximation of our second XI we're doing ok. This has made me want to listen to the game after all

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 18:22
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Quote:
ADD
Surprised by how strong a side we have put out!
Wharton
Caprice
Elis
Sutton
Buxton
Tollitt
Williams (first game!!
DMH
Harris
Cole
Akammadu

Pleased to see youth keeper Passant on bench Monthe Smith Jennings Norwood Gilmour Mullin also.

If that's an approximation of our second XI we're doing ok. This has made me want to listen to the game after all

That strong that we're three down already. But I really couldn't care less.

 
ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 18:34
Indeed defence all over the place...

 
chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 19:33
Would feel better if we could just score a goal

 
Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 19:40
Can we just give City the three points and tell them not to bother coming. Save alot of messing for a meaningless game

 
aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
09 October, 2018 19:47
I Remember the DAF with fond memories. This setup just seems a joke. That not sour grapes after to tonight, but the way we have approached both games, the inclusion of prem teams.
6 down and just a joke. Hope no impact on Friday, but tonight’s put a downer on all aspects for me.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
10 October, 2018 07:30
Looks like Stevenage are less interested in the Checkatrade than what we are..They lost 8-0 at home last night.

 
Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
10 October, 2018 14:26
Stevenage won their first game 5-0. Despite losing by 8 yesterday they are still in 2nd place in the group, above Swansea Youth (Cygnetsea?) on goal difference.

 
mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
10 October, 2018 18:35
Zero interest in this. Disgusted at power crazy dickhe*d's who made the decision to let premier league pandered reserves on 20k a week have a crack at the only realistic opportunity lower league teams have to win a cup.

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Checkatrade
10 October, 2018 22:21
Not interested in Checkatrade but like cygnetsea


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?