football
Latest News:

Dai Kwondo
Dai Kwondo (IP Logged)

Let's all laugh at Chester!
07 October, 2018 00:37
Dunston!

A K.O in the FA Cup against a village team...

Hilarious!

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

Re: Let's all laugh at Chester!
07 October, 2018 06:29
we don't like looking down at chester, mainly as we have to look past your grotty little team to see them.

how's life down there, dai? salford and orient really starting to grunch the league proper now, innit. no time to be a peasant club in that league is it, eh? could be a generation before you get out of there.

pull yourselves together and get back in the league so we can lord it over your town again, we miss wrexham away.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 07:54
I won’t laugh at Chester it’s a shame what’s happened to them alongside Stockport ,Darlington ,Bradford p a, Workington I remember all these sided coming to PP in the old third division North .who know what would have happened to us without MP and his good lady owning and running a football club is really hard work and it could go @#$%& up in the blink of an eye we are lucky at the moment having dedicated owners and the SWA but as seen over the years things can change ,so no I won’t laugh you welsh pixie

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 07:56
I don’t follow Pub football, Vanawhater League

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 08:06
You did for the last three seasons Higgo 😀

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 08:17
I would think they would laugh pretty hard at us. So Ha Ha!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 08:28
Three cheers for Salford.....

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 08:55
Got to admire your attempt at offering an olive branch Dai; sadly Dai, they're not olives, they're grapes. The sort you get from being seated too long through lack of celebration from following your team (Sm98);sour ones at that!!
Chester doing fine in the league now so watch your backs Dai!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 13:15
Wasn't Dunston the blind school

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 14:46
50yearsaRover - WELL SAID (but it's not a Pixie - more a Druid, with some sheep dip in the kettle....).

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 16:21
We've been somewhere similar: Coventry Sporting in 1975. Be careful what you wish for.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 19:10
I don't laugh at any club's misfortunes. I want both Wrexham and Chester back where they belong; in the Football League.
Much rather them in the League than the likes of two-bob manufactured teams like FGR... no history, no tradition; just a Johnny come lately, rich vegan knob head who fancies having a dabble in something that will never take off with genuine die-hard fans.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 20:41
Yes definitely

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 21:31
I will miss the 2 local derbies. Hopefully they will both regain their FL status soon.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 21:40
you are on you own with this Dia....laughing at other teams misfortune not at all pleasant thing to do...I hope they kick on in the league..

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 06:17
Must disagree with the Jonny come lately clubs. You could put MK dons in that bracket, but I beleave they have more than earned their place. Great ground and good day out. CFC and WFC are were they are because they are not good enough, badly run, whatever. While I don’t like FG all new clubs must get a chance to prove themselves. If it doesn’t work for them, they will disappear and no one will miss them, if it works then good luck. I’d love nothing more than a group of multi billionaires to throw money at rovers and take us to the promised land. While I enjoyed our derby games for a couple of seasons, I’d much rather be playing against the LFC and EFC as our derby games. It’s far to say I don’t give CFC a second thought when we are up against the likes of MK dons. Would I missed them, ,well I don’t now, so want in the future.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 18:52
Quote:
aktrfc
Must disagree with the Jonny come lately clubs. You could put MK dons in that bracket, but I beleave they have more than earned their place. Great ground and good day out. CFC and WFC are were they are because they are not good enough, badly run, whatever. While I don’t like FG all new clubs must get a chance to prove themselves. If it doesn’t work for them, they will disappear and no one will miss them, if it works then good luck. I’d love nothing more than a group of multi billionaires to throw money at rovers and take us to the promised land. While I enjoyed our derby games for a couple of seasons, I’d much rather be playing against the LFC and EFC as our derby games. It’s far to say I don’t give CFC a second thought when we are up against the likes of MK dons. Would I missed them, ,well I don’t now, so want in the future.

I take your point but MK Dons actually come from a town as opposed to FGR who come from a cow pat called Nailsworth.

How are FGR going to attract sustainable support where they are. They have had 3 of their closest derbies against Newport, Cheltenham and Swindon and the total attendance for those 3 games was a shade over 7,500. I can't see them attracting fans over from the Bristol area or anywhere for that matter.

I can see Vince getting cheap energy in there from Wind farms and methane generated by cattle but I can't see them attracting higher quality players tempted by the bright lights of Stroud. There is a concrete ceiling over their prospects of getting any higher than where they are now imo.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 20:37
Being football's biggest laughing stock it's beyond me how Wrexham can laugh at anyone.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

09 October, 2018 07:27
Dai you have it wrong. It's like the classic class sketch with John Cleese and the 2 Ronnies or the similar chain of abuse one in Blackadder. We laugh at you because we're better than you, you laugh at Chester because you're better than them, Chester laugh at, oh I don't know, a pub team from Tarporley I guess. It's the way it works.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

09 October, 2018 08:02
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Dai you have it wrong. It's like the classic class sketch with John Cleese and the 2 Ronnies or the similar chain of abuse one in Blackadder. We laugh at you because we're better than you, you laugh at Chester because you're better than them, Chester laugh at, oh I don't know, a pub team from Tarporley I guess. It's the way it works.

Lol nice one Doogie.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

09 October, 2018 13:29
surely dai Kwando should be gloating on the chester forum instead of raising his head here

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 October, 2018 16:44
In all fairness, don’t think anyone reads devacrap any more

Dai Kwondo
Dai Kwondo (IP Logged)

09 October, 2018 22:34
6-0

Hilarious!

MESSAGES->author

10 October, 2018 00:06
Q. WHY DOES DAI KWONDO WHISTLE ON THE TOILET?

A. SO HE KNOWS WHICH END TO WIPE.

YOUR NOT GOING UP DAI,, SALFORD CITY AND LEYTON ORIENT WILL BE TAKING CARE OF THAT BUSINESS.

ITS GONNA BE 11 YEARS DOWN THERE FOR YOU, HA HA HA HA HA. AND HARROGATE TOWN WILL BE DUMPING YOU OUT OF THE FA CUP 4TH QUALIFYING ROUND TOO. WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH, WE ALWAYS DO.

Steve45
Steve45 (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 01:29
I hope Chester get back up soon. Only team I laugh at for their misfortunes are Man Utd. Hope they sink like a brick.

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 08:32
Quote:
Steve45
I hope Chester get back up soon. Only team I laugh at for their misfortunes are Man Utd. Hope they sink like a brick.

Totally agree.

10 October, 2018 09:45
Re: Dai's remark on the shrewsbury scoreline...

...the sheep sha**ers aren't important enough to even qualify for the mickey mouse cup, let alone allow themselves the luxury of considering it an opportunity to stretch the reserves' legs.

I've blanked out the memories of our sojourn in the VNL. Can anyone remember if they have their own minnie mouse trophy in non-league?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 18:46
To be fair to Wrexham they pay well, they employed me to weld the roof back on a bus last spring

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 22:28
Playing cricket a few years ago an opponent said to me and a team mate Good real football fans because he heard us talking about TRFC. He was a Stockport fan. I bet he still goes to every game.

MESSAGES->author

12 October, 2018 08:08
Quote:
Dai Kwondo
Dunston!
A K.O in the FA Cup against a village team...

Hilarious!

Internationals weekend!

So its Non-league day tmrw...

Dai, don't forget to get out tmrw n show your support for your local Non-League side.

jellied eels n the Daggers for you lot tmrw.

HILARIOUS.... hahaha hehehe hohoho.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 09:44
Quote:
the kav
To be fair to Wrexham they pay well, they employed me to weld the roof back on a bus last spring

ZING!!

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 09:59
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
the kav

ZING!!

Just twigged what you meant, sorry for being thick!!!!

cobas
cobas (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 13:22
it was a reserve team. 10 changes from the one that won at morecambe

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 22:46
True, but irrespective of the utilised talent and the type and level of opponent, the scoreline was a bit unpleasant.

Had the scoreline been at worst 3-0, it would have been more understandable, but the team was made up of people who would be needed to cover suspensions and injuries, so maybe at least it might have been wise to use Davies instead of Wharton, as throwing such an inexperienced player in against a decent league one side with several first team regulars, is not the same as trying him in a an FA cup first round side against a level 6 or lower side. I think that one selection alone would not have been the difference between 6-0 and 0-0, but it definitely made a telling impact on the result.

The team managed to bounce back which is the main thing, because I'd be surprised if after a 6-0 defeat featuring bench warmers and squad players, if the regulars didn't feel some negativity and disappointment towards the result, even though the played no part in it, so they would have had to get their mindset right for the Macclesfield game.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 00:24
Matt you're always well reasoned but how is Wharton to get experienced without games like this?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 20:50
Send him out on loan, or use him in the league cup or FLT against league 2 teams if the draw throws up such things, or alternatively bring him on for minutes if the scoreline is 2 or 3-0 or better and a game looks comfortable.

Had Harris not got sent off and Tranmere had bagged a third against Swindon, giving Wharton 20-30 minutes in that situation could have been prudent

Another opportunity as I eluded to, is to give him a run out against NLN / NLS or lower level sides in the FA cup first round if such teams get picked against Tranmere.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 23:02
Re the title of this thread ... never mind Chester, has anyone noticed how poor Southport are doing? 2nd to bottom in the NL North with 7 pts from 12 games. Sorry to see them in such a poor position.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net