football
Latest News:

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Morcambe
04 October, 2018 20:48
Lincoln excitement over ,Morcambe next ,a month ago I would have been more confident of a win but like Grimsby have suddenly found form so will be more difficult than first thought however I fancy rovers 1-0 but will not be surprised for a 1-1 draw ,no Norwood so an interesting team selection, we must start at a faster pace could well have been well beaten by halftime v MK Dons and Lincoln .must start starting like we did at Swindon

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Morcambe
04 October, 2018 21:30
50, 50, 50, will your dispair ever lift ? 😀 I agree we are walking into this one thinking it will be a win. But can see a loss or Draw. Really hope we try something new on Saturday and that might get us a win.

Fiftyyearsarover

04 October, 2018 22:04
Just saying 😀 it’s very hard to predict now we are back in the FL mostly it’s anyones game but we must up the pace we are becoming very slow starters we are not getting enough goals so can’t afford to be getting over run .but as I say 1-0 or 1-1

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 22:18
3-1 to the SWA. Pay on the gate?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 23:31
Quote:
Hardly Irons
I was told no pay on gate hardly.we've sold 1300ish up to now and the remainder get sent back tmrw afternoon

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 09:56
Stick with 5 in midfield. Our chasing down and passing in the second half was up there with the best this season. Mullin upfront as Cole doesnt have the pace to play on his own. Perhaps Caprice back to add pace down the right too

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 13:22
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Hardly Irons
I was told no pay on gate hardly.we've sold 1300ish up to now and the remainder get sent back tmrw afternoon

Thanks! Just ordered them and realised collection was from Prenton Park - them giants are a nuisance when you're travelling from Aigburth!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 17:11
Gutted I can't make this one. I've not criticised my Mrs for a while, but now she's only gone and agreed (without consultation!!) that we'll go to a family get together tomorrow. Damn that woman! Does she not understand the priorities in life!
Hoping the SWA will roar the boys on to a victory. I think it'll be tight ,but we'll just about do it. 1-0 to the Rovers.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 October, 2018 19:39
Issue her with the fixture list on first day of the season ,then no excuse for family get together to get in the way .you have to be firm

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 20:04
Have to tale the long route round the M53 due to those wooded oversized route wreckers.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 21:12
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Hardly Irons

Thanks! Just ordered them and realised collection was from Prenton Park - them giants are a nuisance when you're travelling from Aigburth!

I used to make the trip from aigburth to PP. I thought I was the only going in that direction over the water in a Saturday afternoon.

Am not so special afterall

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 22:45
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Hardly Irons

I used to make the trip from aigburth to PP. I thought I was the only going in that direction over the water in a Saturday afternoon.

Am not so special afterall
Nah , sorry Captain , I too do it every home game . Not Aigburth but Knotty Ash . Could have bought a new car with the tunnel fees I've paid !!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 10:36
Anyone driven there before? No parking apart from street apparently.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 14:38
looks like Franklyn Akammadu is on the bench via the bbc football website, hope he gets a run out

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 14:40
Tranmere team v Morecambe: Davies; Buxton, McNulty, Monthe, Bakayogo; Banks, Gilmour, McCullough; Smith, Mullin, Jennings

subs: Wharton, Ellis, Caprice, Cole, Mottley-Henry, Tollitt, Akammadu

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 15:41
Tranmere 7th in league atm ✌🏻

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:19
3 vs 1 up..... get in there

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:26
yes, so this time we didn't score 3 without Norwood because it was a 'meaningless match'....

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:30
Norwood who....? Lol winking smiley

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:32
3-2.. Classic Tranmere moment incoming?

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:33
Shades of Crewe
Hope I am wrong
Biting my nails

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:33
Game on. ... can we hold on for the win....10 mins to go

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:34
Off to make a brew, back in 13 minutes plus injury time.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:37
3-3 now

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:39
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu$%%$%%k

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:43
Come on Franklyn Akammadu get us the winner

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:46
Hang about!! 4-3 Happy Gilmour what a man!

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:48
3-4 Gilmour

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:48
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh woooohooooo gilmour......

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:51
Come on ref.... blow that bloody whistle....

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:54
Nerves are shot, not sure the 3 points were even worth it!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:55
..and breathe.... great win, what a come back

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:56
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Just saying 😀 it’s very hard to predict now we are back in the FL mostly it’s anyones game but we must up the pace we are becoming very slow starters we are not getting enough goals so can’t afford to be getting over run .but as I say 1-0 or 1-1

please NEVER forecast Tranmere getting 3 or more goals!

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 16:56
3 points... Come to Papa! smiling smiley

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:05
anyone predict 4 vs 3 in the prediction league (Sm128)

Fiftyyearsarover

06 October, 2018 17:24
8530 I will never back rovers to get 4goals I said 1-0 we won 4-3 so that equates to 1-0 😀.but who would have thought it 4away goals without Norwood .the 2 Loanees are doing a great job for us ,hope they stay for the season ,well done Smith and Gilmore and as usual well done SWA

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:32
According to the BBc stats we committed 22 fouls to Morecambe's 4. We must have been a filthy bunch and they were Angels..... :0

Is this correct?

Here:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 17:34 by Yiggsy.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:55
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
8530 I will never back rovers to get 4goals I said 1-0 we won 4-3 so that equates to 1-0 😀.but who would have thought it 4away goals without Norwood .the 2 Loanees are doing a great job for us ,hope they stay for the season ,well done Smith and Gilmore and as usual well done SWA

could be they play to Norwood's strengths to the detriment of the others OR Gilmour is the difference.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:11
Todays referee Trevor Kettle, who was described as a disgrace, by the Newport Manager after their mid week 3-3 with Macc.

22 fouls to 4 fouls, seems to suggest he was a bit of a homer?

Just doesn't happen (normally) in league or to that matter VNL to have such a difference in the foul count.

Comments please from those at the game.

Fiftyyearsarover

06 October, 2018 18:30
We also did 17-4 to Lincoln on Tuesday .perhaps you can take the team out the conference but not the conference out the team 😀.but shows we won’t be bullied but must not be to aggressive don’t want suspensions or someone sent off ,remember Swindon ,but what does constitute a foul these days some refs more picky than others you get fed up of hearing the whistle sometimes

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:35
Don't really feel like there were that many fouls. What a game though!

Turning point came when McNulty ran to tell Mullin something as we were soaring. A minute later he took his shoe off and the time wasting started, we started getting deeper until their goals inevitably came.

Back on the offensive we looked great again.

SWA in full force and had Norwood played he would have lapped up the service. Connor again was a little off pace and looked exhausted on 50 mins.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:38
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Don't really feel like there were that many fouls. What a game though!
Turning point came when McNulty ran to tell Mullin something as we were soaring. A minute later he took his shoe off and the time wasting started, we started getting deeper until their goals inevitably came.

Back on the offensive we looked great again.

SWA in full force and had Norwood played he would have lapped up the service. Connor again was a little off pace and looked exhausted on 50 mins.
Not been too impressed with Jenning's so far

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:56
Had a bit of a go at 50, last week and felt a bit guilty. Not now, love you 50 but up yours😎😎😎😎😎

Fiftyyearsarover

06 October, 2018 19:29
Peace man 😀

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 20:32
One of the best away days again, the SWA were immense today. And the team togetherness has not been this good since the 90’s, all hail Micky and the boys. SWA

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 20:44
What a game of football. I confidently predicted to my Bury supporting mate who came to the game that we would score 4 today after our opening 10 minutes performance. We did obviously but I certainly didn't expect that they would score 3!
I really wish that we would stop doing this and sitting back when we are ahead - we are our worst enemies in that respect.
Morecambe broke every quickly and with intent - we looked slow and exposed at the back when they did that plus we continue to suffer Davies not feeling able to come for crosses/ freekicks so we are bound to be under pressure. He should have probably saved the first goal but equally he made some great saves.
Mullin did very well although didn't win a header - IMO we are better when playing this way but the problem is when we are under the cosh as we were to the end we have no escape option as Mullin can't hold it up like Stockton can. Gilmour continues to get better and better and must start with Banks from now on. All in all a great performance going forward but MM needs to address the defensive frailties as I am sure he will!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 20:53
Quote:
TranmereFan
One of the best away days again, the SWA were immense today. And the team togetherness has not been this good since the 90’s, all hail Micky and the boys.SWA
(Sm152)

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 21:40
I agree with many of the comments above but back home I just want to bask in the glory of a magnificent day out. What a thrill it was to see Smith's wing play and the way he runs at the opposition! What a wonderful goal he scored. He seems to fit in so well and when he is stronger he will torment defences in this division and also score goals.

What team spirit we showed and how can Gilmour be left out again!!

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 21:53
I was watching the stats commentary, at 3-1 we had 54% possession then it started to shift down so I was thinking oh no are we sitting back and trying to defend, never understand when you score 3 why you don't just carry on doing what your doing, not change tactic and go defensive. Best way to waste time is score more goals

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 22:07
Great result.Well done to the lads,MM and the SWA.😊

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 22:13
Gilmour has to start the next league game and Akammadu set up the winner it seems, which is a great one for him.

Williams might feature soon, but I feel Mellon might have one or two things to say about the concessions

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 22:20
Quote:
Matt34
Gilmour has to start the next league game and Akammadu set up the winner it seems, which is a great one for him.
Williams might feature soon, but I feel Mellon might have one or two things to say about the concessions
Zoom set up the winner with a great run and cross...
Agreed Williams will play Tuesday, Banks and Gilmour will likely get a rest. Wonder if Sutton or Ridelagh will get some minutes - maybe still too early?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 23:13
Quote:
Yiggsy
According to the BBc stats we committed 22 fouls to Morecambe's 4. We must have been a filthy bunch and they were Angels..... :0
Is this correct?

Here:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Another one sided/eyed ref. The number of fouls committed on Mullin alone was into double figures but it is hard to remember any that were actually given.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 23:24
Quote:
martyd12
I agree with many of the comments above but back home I just want to bask in the glory of a magnificent day out. What a thrill it was to see Smith's wing play and the way he runs at the opposition! What a wonderful goal he scored. He seems to fit in so well and when he is stronger he will torment defences in this division and also score goals.

What team spirit we showed and how can Gilmour be left out again!!

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 23:26
Quote:
ADD
What a game of football. I confidently predicted to my Bury supporting mate who came to the game that we would score 4 today after our opening 10 minutes performance. We did obviously but I certainly didn't expect that they would score 3!
I really wish that we would stop doing this and sitting back when we are ahead - we are our worst enemies in that respect.
Morecambe broke every quickly and with intent - we looked slow and exposed at the back when they did that plus we continue to suffer Davies not feeling able to come for crosses/ freekicks so we are bound to be under pressure. He should have probably saved the first goal but equally he made some great saves.
Mullin did very well although didn't win a header - IMO we are better when playing this way but the problem is when we are under the cosh as we were to the end we have no escape option as Mullin can't hold it up like Stockton can. Gilmour continues to get better and better and must start with Banks from now on. All in all a great performance going forward but MM needs to address the defensive frailties as I am sure he will!

Mullins' holding up play was very good

Fiftyyearsarover

07 October, 2018 09:04
Spot on hoots ,the defence a bit iffy under pressure we are great going forward ,get the lead and then retreat inviting the other side on to us that’s when we look vulnerable.attack is the best form of defence ,we have good subs to come on when we tire

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 21:11
That Gilmour goal isn't a one-off by the way. I think he scored a very similar strike just inside the box in pre-season

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 22:40
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Spot on hoots ,the defence a bit iffy under pressure we are great going forward ,get the lead and then retreat inviting the other side on to us that’s when we look vulnerable.attack is the best form of defence ,we have good subs to come on when we tire

Tranmere have been doing this for years.Every group of players we've had since I started watching almost 50 years ago has been no different.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 22:55
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Tranmere have been doing this for years.Every group of players we've had since I started watching almost 50 years ago has been no different.
I just get the feeling this time it is different....I've followed Rovers for nearly as long as you!, in the past we would beat the top team one week and then lose the next game to one of the bottom teams. On Saturday, as I was listening in, once the Morecombe second goal went in I had doubts nearly convinced we would lose, that isn't being negative that is what years of SWA experience has taught me, but I cast my mind back to 12th May, and although there are a lot of changes the spirit still seems to live on.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 09:22
The first goal took a deflection and took it past Davis. It was a great day out. SWA in full force...

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Steve Wilson's pen
Steve Wilson's pen (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 13:36
Re letting Morecambe back in it from 1-3 up:

First of all - credit to them as I thought they played quite well throughout. I liked the look of their no 9 Oliver. It was just that overall we were better and we are really beginning to look like a good L2 side.

Our central midfield trio though still need to fine tune their positioning and get the mix right as they were caught on the wrong side of the ball too much, allowing Morecambe to get at our back 4 too easily when we should have been able to manage the game.

And Mullin (understandably) looked absolutely knackered after 70 mins and could have been taken off. He'd run his socks off and got no protection from the ref, who looked a real homer. Is it only me who thinks he runs like Aldo?

But overall, it was a brilliant day out with the magnificent SWA. Incredible support.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 17:16
Great to see the you tube highlights from the game at Morecambe, fantastic strike from Gilmour for the winning goal and Zooms run down the wing. Superb support from the Rovers fans and had a laugh watching Connor Jennings trying to help Zoom from what looked like a bad case of cramp with 3 or 4 fans celebrating around him when the winning goal had gone in. lol. great win on the back of a superb victory over Lincoln..onwards n upwards for the Rovers.

PS. Worth going on you tube and viewing Gillinghams first goal in their 2-0 win at Pompey on Saturday, could well be the goal of the weekend,, but I will opt for Gilmours winner at Morecambe.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 18:02 by hong kong rover.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 22:13
Think Saturday is now the least of Morecambe's worries with their two directors leaving the club. Sad to say but looks like the plummet starts here for them.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 23:21
Quote:
hong kong rover
Great to see the you tube highlights from the game at Morecambe, fantastic strike from Gilmour for the winning goal and Zooms run down the wing. Superb support from the Rovers fans and had a laugh watching Connor Jennings trying to help Zoom from what looked like a bad case of cramp with 3 or 4 fans celebrating around him when the winning goal had gone in. lol. great win on the back of a superb victory over Lincoln..onwards n upwards for the Rovers.
PS. Worth going on you tube and viewing Gillinghams first goal in their 2-0 win at Pompey on Saturday, could well be the goal of the weekend,, but I will opt for Gilmours winner at Morecambe.

The ''extended highlights'' actually missed out some of the better and more pertinent bits like our 3 very close efforts just before Jonny Smiths' goal and their penalty appeal when it was 1-1 [Banks' hand]

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

08 October, 2018 23:22
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Think Saturday is now the least of Morecambe's worries with their two directors leaving the club. Sad to say but looks like the plummet starts here for them.

Those directors left about Wednesday last week. Still didn't stop them putting in a good performance three days after.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net