football
Latest News:

Dimbleby
Dimbleby (IP Logged)

Fleetwood Rovers
03 October, 2018 23:10
I see Ryan Taylor had turned up at Fleetwood. Great to see him prolonging his career despite the significant injuries in the past.
Also Wallace is now making an impact over 90 mins and Clarke is making the bench.

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

Re: Fleetwood Rovers
04 October, 2018 11:31
hi- speaking about 1 team having a few ex tranmere rovers players at the same time - I remember about 20 years ago, burnley then hovering in the league which is now called the championship, having at least 5 or 6 players in their team at the same time who all at one point played for tranmere. they had - danny coyne in goal, then john mcgreal, paul cook, micky mellon , and ian moore up front.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 15:32
Without being cynical Wallace's 3 month contract is about to expire and no doubt he will be fit until his new contract is signed!
Delighted for Taylor and hope he is properly fit. I have no doubt he wants to play and it sounds as though he had a good game last time out!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 15:51
Quote:
the baldy one
hi- speaking about 1 team having a few ex tranmere rovers players at the same time - I remember about 20 years ago, burnley then hovering in the league which is now called the championship, having at least 5 or 6 players in their team at the same time who all at one point played for tranmere. they had - danny coyne in goal, then john mcgreal, paul cook, micky mellon , and ian moore up front.
.remember Graham branch doing well for them

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 18:05
Loyden1 - I completely forgot about graham branch. at that time for some reason- burnley fc had a habit of signing players who had played for tranmere. because of this I think in the past 20 years tranmere have more links with burnley than any other team- which seems a bit strange. I actually remember in 1988- I was coming out of turf moor with my mates after watching tranmere draw 1-1, we were on our way back to our car and we got attacked by burnley fans. we managed to get into our car locked the doors but got caught in a traffic jam. burnley fans spotted us and a whole mob tried to tip our car over while we were in the traffic jam. luckily- the traffic lights turned to green and we just managed to get out of the place. it was a close shave.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 18:37
Ha ha baldy 1 the good old days of trying to escape rival fans.me and 2 mates escaped from a nasty Cardiff mob by jumping in a taxi at traffic lights and screaming DRIIIVE!.but there's loads of them stories from us all

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 20:33
Lucky escape at the old stoke Victoria ground .that started inside the ground .i will be shocked if Wallace survives to the end of the year at Fleetwood he,yes good luck Ryan Taylor

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:24
Wallace scored today

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:59
Quote:
bheadlad
Wallace scored today

Then came off injured - he's bought himself the season off with full physio and support!

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 21:20
It was certainly a good goal!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net