football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

tranmere rovers under micky mellon
03 October, 2018 18:10
let me start by saying since micky mellon was made manager - last nights 1-0 win over Lincoln city must rate as the 2nd best result we have had. the best has to be Wembley this year 2-1 v boreham wood. but as it stands, Lincoln city must have the strongest squad in league 2 and to beat them and keep a clean sheet is excellent. every player including the boss must rate ten out of ten for that performance. as we all know- it was only last year that Lincoln went to premier league burnley and won 1-0, and I now think their squad is now stronger - with Bruno Andrade and john akinde up front. what I am saying is- if we can beat the best team in the league- there is nothing to fear at all. this result is now a turning point- we have now told the other teams in league 2 that tranmere rovers are back to stay.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: tranmere rovers under micky mellon
03 October, 2018 19:32
Quote:
the baldy one
let me start by saying since micky mellon was made manager - last nights 1-0 win over Lincoln city must rate as the 2nd best result we have had. the best has to be Wembley this year 2-1 v boreham wood. but as it stands, Lincoln city must have the strongest squad in league 2 and to beat them and keep a clean sheet is excellent. every player including the boss must rate ten out of ten for that performance. as we all know- it was only last year that Lincoln went to premier league burnley and won 1-0, and I now think their squad is now stronger - with Bruno Andrade and john akinde up front. what I am saying is- if we can beat the best team in the league- there is nothing to fear at all. this result is now a turning point- we have now told the other teams in league 2 that tranmere rovers are back to stay.

They probably are the best side on paper and will be up their, each team is capable of beating any other though, consistency will be the key to success this season. I don’t actually feel that in paper we are too far behind. Stockton is not liked here by many for some reason but at this level he is a coup. Cole has a great background, we have an international on the books, Nors was a hhh scorer in the NL and we have good pedigree elsewhere. I don’t personally then see this as a turning point because I don’t think there is any turning to do. We are new to the league despite our history and have played some good stuff this season, we have been very consistent and a little unlucky at times. There are some new players in the squad, a lot of new signings through the spine and a few additions stuck on the side, that will take time to gel, as Brabin would say, coupled with that: the rest then need to adjust to league football, some have adapted more quickly, others will need more time. We can only get better, we just need a few more W’s in place of D’s.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 20:20
2 brilliant posts can,t say anymore

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 20:49
Draws to Wins - correct, but, what of all the players brought in by MM, who never seem to feature in the side?, it really seems to be a mystery to a lot of fans (judging by comments in posts), I agree that we could do with signing a couple of forwards who will shoot at goal. If rumor control is correct Norwood's contract is up in January and he will not re-sign, wanting to depart (for Sheff Wed?). - More worrying is the fact that just about ALL Rovers players contracts are finishing at the end of this season. Looks like we will have an entirely new side to follow next year, as of now. Anyone heard anything to support these comments or otherwise???

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 21:18
Thought Connor signed for two years

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 22:07
Quote:
WWStandsure
Draws to Wins - correct, but, what of all the players brought in by MM, who never seem to feature in the side?, it really seems to be a mystery to a lot of fans (judging by comments in posts), I agree that we could do with signing a couple of forwards who will shoot at goal. If rumor control is correct Norwood's contract is up in January and he will not re-sign, wanting to depart (for Sheff Wed?). - More worrying is the fact that just about ALL Rovers players contracts are finishing at the end of this season. Looks like we will have an entirely new side to follow next year, as of now. Anyone heard anything to support these comments or otherwise???

Norwoods current contract runs till the end of this season. ''Just about ALL''is not true either.Rumours are exactly that -the vast majority totally false.Time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 22:08 by Hoots Mon.

cintraman
cintraman (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 13:45
Just to clarify the situation, Scott Davies, Mark Ellis, Jake Csprice, Connor Jennings and Oilie Banks all have contracts to the end of NEXT season. The rest finish at the end of next June apart from the loan players.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 18:13
Quote:
WWStandsure

Norwood was linked with Portsmouth closed season was he not, I reckon if he was going to go he would have then, get the impression he is happy here, he’s first name on the sheet, scoring goals and turning into a bit of a legend, all of which probaly suits what seems to be a somewhat confident attiude shall we say. If he moves on in January we will get good money, if he stays until June and leaves on a free, he will be going after his second Wembley play off winning goal and his name up alongside Muir and Aldridge!

07 October, 2018 11:40
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
WWStandsure

Norwood was linked with Portsmouth closed season was he not, I reckon if he was going to go he would have then, get the impression he is happy here, he’s first name on the sheet, scoring goals and turning into a bit of a legend, all of which probaly suits what seems to be a somewhat confident attiude shall we say. If he moves on in January we will get good money, if he stays until June and leaves on a free, he will be going after his second Wembley play off winning goal and his name up alongside Muir and Aldridge!

TBH Higgo I don't see why it would have to be at Wembers. The way we're going at the moment I don't see why we couldn't make the top three and avoid all that angst

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net