football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

Unused Players
02 October, 2018 11:38
Can anyone "in the know" please enlighten me. What is happening with the players MM brought in on loan and short term contracts.
Franklyn and Williams must be both fit enough now at least to be considered for the match day squad - they both played 90 minutes against Accrington after all. Williams sounded to me like an interesting option and Franklyn also. MM had seen both of them in training for several weeks before signing them so are they likely to be pushing for a place in the squad anytime soon does anyone think?
Also where is Waring? Is he still on our books?
Thanks!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Unused Players
02 October, 2018 11:59
Like you Add I am wondering what has happened to them .perhaps Tranmere are saving them for the club pantomime Scrooge waring could be the ghost of Christmas past as you never see him Williams ghost of the present as he should appear anyway soon and Franklyn the ghost of Christmas to come maybe next Christmas ,rovers are the football equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle.people disappear without trace .then they appear at some exotic place like Colwyn bay and Warrington

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 14:51
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Like you Add I am wondering what has happened to them .perhaps Tranmere are saving them for the club pantomime Scrooge waring could be the ghost of Christmas past as you never see him Williams ghost of the present as he should appear anyway soon and Franklyn the ghost of Christmas to come maybe next Christmas ,rovers are the football equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle.people disappear without trace .then they appear at some exotic place like Colwyn bay and Warrington

Didn't we pick Kithson Bain up from the Bermuda triangle?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 17:28
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Probably waiting for you to predict an 8 nil loss whereby they come on and scor a hat trick each...

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 19:46
Why would you put them straight in, they have to earn a place. The team is playing well, 2 points of a play off berth and lost only two games. They likely were signed as backup but even so, earn it.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 20:00
I didn't say they should be put straight in but I might have expected one or other to have been at least on the bench by now. We are doing ok yes but equally we have only won 1 in 5 and we are not scoring many. Anyways just my thinking as I certainly didn't think we would sign Williams if we didn't think he could do a job and he has higher level league experience after all?

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:39
For Williams to come in who would be dropped between Banks and McCullough?

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 23:02
Quote:
Uptonrover
McCullough of course .He can't pass the ball and reminds me of the days when Harrison and /or Steve Jennings played.A sort of anti football when nothing was created.I think that Harris has been on the naughty step long enough now and a recall is needed.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 23:31
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Uptonrover
McCullough of course .He can't pass the ball and reminds me of the days when Harrison and /or Steve Jennings played.A sort of anti football when nothing was created.I think that Harris has been on the naughty step long enough now and a recall is needed.

Mccullough apart from against Newport and the first half last night,has been fine.He is a defensive not attacking midfielder.His job is to do the ugly work in midfield not ping 50 yard passes to the forwards.Based on his excellent performances against MKD AND Lincoln,Gilmour is in front of Harris and Williams too.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 23:32
Quote:
Uptonrover
Apologies to all if I am not making myself clear - the point was they are not making the bench even. I am not saying they should be dropping a player for them but if a midfielder is injured then if Williams was on the bench he could replace but if he isn't then he can't..
after today for me Gilmour needs to start and Mc Cullough be on the bench (or Williams as I said as the alternative)

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 06:10
Sorry Add, i was just kind of thinkkng out loud so to speak. Wasnt suggesting we should drop anybody and i take your point. McCullough was brought in to do the dirty stuff as said above and i think he does that very well

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 06:48
Thought McCulllough 2nd half last night was brilliant, and best I’ve seen him so far.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 08:30
Quote:
TranmereFan
Thought McCulllough 2nd half last night was brilliant, and best I’ve seen him so far.

+1

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 10:50
thought I read on an earlier post that McCulloch could sign permanently in jan if so I,ll be happy with that

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 18:38
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Uptonrover
Apologies to all if I am not making myself clear - the point was they are not making the bench even. I am not saying they should be dropping a player for them but if a midfielder is injured then if Williams was on the bench he could replace but if he isn't then he can't..
after today for me Gilmour needs to start and Mc Cullough be on the bench (or Williams as I said as the alternative)

I guess they are not fit, some injury mentions over one and the other was in Brazil last season, there season has different timings. Although both are now probably “fit” they have been out for so long they will need game time, anyone lacking match fitness can’t really be considered for the bench, we may see them feature in the Leyland Daf and likely hence the behind closed doors stuff. Williams has been signed on a deal until January so there is likely an element of gamble in their anyway, he may never feature.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net