football
Latest News:

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Goals or lack of them?
01 October, 2018 12:30
Once Norwood stopped scoring I New we would struggle what a shame next game Lincoln God help us.
What about the keeper cost us another 3 points what's happen to him?

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

Re: Goals or lack of them?
01 October, 2018 14:57
I wonder if nixons coaching or the lack of a decent no2 has anything to do with it?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 15:40
the stats do not lie. the team is a tad goal shy at the moment. As they were in the first third of the season or so last season. however, it seems no-one remembers the many saves the goalkeeper makes, just the howlers.conceding an average of one a game is good in the first season back for a while. If our forwards scored more goals, that average would be excellent.

So I am not getting on Scott's back for the odd clanger.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 15:54
It was bound to happen ,Cook gone ,Norwood can’t score every week ,just the odd goal from the others we are going to struggle ,god help us if Norwood leaves or get injured .you can’t say there is no one about ,how can the Likes of Accrington who only get half our gates be doing so well as are Burton ,

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 15:55
I don't think 3 league games without scoring really qualifies as a goal drought for Nors.. If he can average a goal every 2 games through the whole season that would be a great achievement (again). I also think that Scotty has earned the right to the odd clanger given the number of saves he makes and points he earns us.
Overall we can't be too negative. We're comfortably mid-table, 2 points from the playoffs, and our only defeats were against the 2nd place club and away to the 9th place team with 10 men for 74 minutes. It's not just like watching Brazil but I think of this season as setting foundations.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 16:39
Quote:
prentonpete1
Once Norwood stopped scoring I New we would struggle what a shame next game Lincoln God help us.
What about the keeper cost us another 3 points what's happen to him?

He didn't cost us ''another 3 points'' though. We'd have have lost if it hadn't been for his saves and we'd have won if Jennings hadn't missed his sitter at the end.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 17:30
Isn't our scoring rate roughly the same since Norwood stopped scoring? And hasn't our last three goals been scored by someone other than him?

I'm encouraged by the fact our team still manages to create plenty of chances. Good chances. Sitters in fact. Even when we're not playing well. We're always still in the mix at the final whistle.

When you're not creating that's when you're in real trouble

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 17:56
I’d be worried if were not creating

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 18:16
Nice positive post

Pitou
Pitou (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 18:46
Same thing happen start of last season and it worked out fine, plus we creating chances just need some player to get there confidence back like Stockton and Jennings

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 06:25
I agree about Scotty and rate him highly, it was just on Saturday he hilighted his mistake by the unnecessary time wasting. I wouldn’t drop him, just have a word to speed up play. I think we play better when we are trying to take the game to the opponents. I don’t even recall a game were we have managed to sit back and defend a 1 goal lead.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 11:29
Quote:
aktrfc
I agree about Scotty and rate him highly, it was just on Saturday he hilighted his mistake by the unnecessary time wasting. I wouldn’t drop him, just have a word to speed up play. I think we play better when we are trying to take the game to the opponents. I don’t even recall a game were we have managed to sit back and defend a 1 goal lead.
That there aktrfc is the conundrum... we can't drop him even if we wanted to as George hasn't impressed, MM does not trust Pilling after pre-season and Wharton was theoretically 4th choice and out on loan anyway altho I think he may have left Colwyn Bay after Player of the Month award and has jumped Pilling in MM's ratings but MM will still pick Davies over all of them unless he becomes a complete liability which is very unlikely!!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 18:40
Quote:
Pitou
Same thing happen start of last season and it worked out fine, plus we creating chances just need some player to get there confidence back like Stockton and Jennings
I wish that it was confidence with Cole but except for a brief period he has consistently disappointed at Rovers. Which is the real Cole Stocton? The one after the return from loan or the player before that and subsequently since returning from Carlisle.
In his early days he showed promise and was not always well used by managers but overall he has mainly fallen on the side of diaappointing

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 19:12
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
Pitou
I wish that it was confidence with Cole but except for a brief period he has consistently disappointed at Rovers. Which is the real Cole Stocton? The one after the return from loan or the player before that and subsequently since returning from Carlisle.
In his early days he showed promise and was not always well used by managers but overall he has mainly fallen on the side of diaappointing

Maybe the style of ply doesn't suit him?

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 11:14
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
Pitou

Maybe the style of ply doesn't suit him?
Maybe but I have to admit that having been a fan of him and wanting people to get off his back I thought he was poor on Tuesday night. Yes he was substituted only to change our formation but he seems devoid of confidence. He is playing too far from goal and also seems to amble toward the penalty area rather than dashing for space so that Norwood or Jennings etc. get in the box before him. Yes he needs to hold play up but once he has done that and offloaded he needs to get in the box. He has now snatched at two chances and missed/ nearly missed the ball. If he plays Saturday I hope MM gives him the licence/ confidence to play as a more out and out attacker.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 07:55
[:wor kid:]

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 08:30
At least they gave Morecambe What Four without Norwood

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 10:29
Think we have proved, we seem more than capable without Stockton. I wouldn’t be rushing him back into the team. Seem to be playing well with 5 across the middle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net