football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Lincoln city
01 October, 2018 09:29
Lincoln looking very good and I fancy them for promotion this year ,won at Cheltenham Saturday .the cup run they had and promotion has provided them with the funds to build a really good team combined with a really good management team ,they have spent wisely including new training complex, a club on the up ,have the hex on us since we have met up with them again .so I am going with a 2-0 win for Lincoln ,

Hampshire White
Hampshire White (IP Logged)

Re: Lincoln city
01 October, 2018 10:21
Although I live in Hampshire, I'm surrounded by Imps fans. Tricky tie. 1-1

Import
Import (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 11:35
It's a pity it's a midweek fixture, it would have been great trip on a saturday. You'll see a very different Imps side to the one that Tranmere last played. The Imps only have three players left from the side that won the National League. Habergham, who is out with a long term injury and Rhead, who may come on for the last 15mins or so and Anderson, who was not an Imps player at the time, being on loan from the Posh.

Is McNulty still a first team regular?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 11:40 by Import.

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 11:43
Quote:
Import
It's a pity it's a midweek fixture, it would have been great trip on a saturday. You'll see a very different Imps side to the one that Tranmere last played. The Imps only have three players left from the side that won the National League. Habergham, who is out with a long term injury and Rhead, who may come on for the last 15mins or so and Anderson, who was not an Imps player at the time, being on loan from the Posh.
Is McNulty still a first team regular?

Yes he is, and still captain. Playing fairly well despite some questions at the start of the season.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 11:57
Fancy us in this one, it maybe a new Lincoln team but ares has a NL core who I think will be looking to avenge that 2nd place.

Import
Import (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 11:58
Quote:
Kentexile
Yes he is, and still captain. Playing fairly well despite some questions at the start of the season.

Thanks.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on the with pace of Andrade, Akinde and Anderson.

Rovers63
Rovers63 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 12:26
The Cowley brothers are a class act and take some beating. The videos of them meeting Wenger and of them talking tactics post-key games give a real insight. Intelligent, articulate and seemingly full of humility. Seem to remenber they were, though, prone to the dark arts (loved those unofficial time outs following spurious injuries to goalkeepers) but you can't have everything!

terribletid
terribletid (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 12:33
Quote:
Import
Quote:
Kentexile

Thanks.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on the with pace of Andrade, Akinde and Anderson.

Spot on. He has played well this year - again on Saturday at MK. But it's when teams put more numbers against us with pace that we look a bit weaker and I suspect your front line will be too good for us...

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 12:41
Hope I’m wrong but I expect a comfortable win for Lincoln. Can’t see us scoring more than once , and they have lots of firepower up front.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 13:11
All the previous posters seem to be terrified of Lincoln. Why ? They may have built up their squad but we are a different team now as well although we have a strong core of VNL players.Let's be more positive .Some sound as if they are handing the match and the league on a plate to them.Remember we are Tranmere SUPPORTERS so let's get behind the boys and show a more positive attitude. SWA

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 15:46
Anyone know if it's being screened live on iFollow from within the UK? (since I won't be making the 280-mile trip)
I can't figure it out from the iFollow website.

Fiftyyearsarover

01 October, 2018 15:46
I would agree more if we could score more goals if we go 2-0 down we are not coming back ,it did happen at Stevenage but won’t happen anytime soon .maybe the 2new signings will make a difference,when or if they appear ,probably like Marley’s ghost about Christmas time

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 17:17
Quote:
Kentexile
Anyone know if it's being screened live on iFollow from within the UK? (since I won't be making the 280-mile trip)

I think you can pay them a tenner for coverage seeing as it's not a Saturday game

Import
Import (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 17:52
Danny Cowley's thoughts on Tranmere ahead of tomorrows game.

[www.facebook.com]

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 19:22
It’s gonna be a real good game. Stockton to be the hero! Come on you whites!

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 22:25
Myself & Import are probably the only 2 Imps fans on the Rovers forums so I've got to go for a City win, but predicting the score line is more difficult, I think it will be close so I`ll go for a Lincoln win 2-1.
It's difficult when the 2 teams you like play each other.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 22:28
Oh come on. I like Lincoln but I know who I want to win. BTW I hope the Groundsman has produced a comfortable bit of grass for Rheadeh to lie on for the last 15 minutes

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 05:26
It is great to welcome Lincoln back to Tranmere. A club I have a lot of respect and their fans / management. I hope Tranmere replicate Lincoln''s success now we're back where we belong. As for the game, nothing to fear!!! All the lads should recall the play off final we had Andrade in our pocket the whole game, OK it was mainly Eddie Clarke who did the job on him but he was easily neutralised. Ferrier is the better player from the Wood. Same again boys, let's get at them and fans need to make it a fortress again. It was way too quiet against Newport the lads need to 12th man. I also look forward to seeing Mr.Rhead return, he has a guaranteed career in the film industry once he retires from football. For sucha big, tough looking unit I've never seen anyone go down so easily and so dramatically, comical to watch............... Hope he gets a run out sure the SWA will give him a good reception 😁 Come on you whites!!!!!!!! We are due a good performance.
Ubi fides ibi lux et robur 🙏🙏🙏🙏

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 06:20
Quote:
Kentexile

You have the option of using a private VPN. Just down load the free app, activate and chose a country. Spain or France etc. Google an address in that country to use.

Log on to I follow, making sure your vpn is on and order the game for 6 Euro. It really is that simple and should take you 5 minutes to set up. So I’m told anyway obviously.

borowhite
borowhite (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 09:19
I thought midweek games were available on IFollow in the UK?

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 11:31
Quote:
borowhite
I thought midweek games were available on IFollow in the UK?
They are and it is - I will fork out the tenner as I expect the video will play much more reliably if not thru a VPN and less hassle as can play straight from TV and not through the computer.

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 12:20
Honestly Lincoln are a v.good side so as long as we don't get a humbling I won't be too dejected, 1-1 with Norwood and Akinde on the scoresheet is my bet.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 14:50
I think we'll do it!

Think we'll have a 4-3-3 tonight seeing Connor rested for Mullin and go at them through the middle.

2-0 Norwood & Mullin

dnors
dnors (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 14:52
Liking the positivity there! Leaving for the match now as feeling nervous and need a pint or two to settle the nerves beforehand, every balls a white ball and all that!

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 15:55
Yes, it's there now on iFollow. Happy days!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 16:10
This one's gonna be as tough as it gets. I can see us getting a hard earned draw; boy am I getting splinters in my rear from sitting on the fence so much this season. I don't know if it's a plus, but I'm sure Lincoln will be more positive in their play than most who visit PP this season; they'll probably frustrate the hell out of us now I've said that!
Ahhh, the "Return of the Rhead", he's as sturdy as a decaying, withered and wilting reed in the deepest throws of Autumn; a decent breeze will have him over for sure.
There's family bragging rights resting on this one, so come on Rovers!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 17:03
Think I'm raiding the babies piggybank....

Mattc777

02 October, 2018 17:46
Stuck on a bus in aigburth. 57 minutes. Guess it'll be a 20 quid hit for a taxi through the tunnel

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 19:18
Is the ref as bad on ifollow as he seems here? Ruining the game.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 20:38
McNulty magnificent at the back. Anyone who’s said he was past it should hang their head shame.

We looked a different side in second half. Well done to Micky for changing formation.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 20:56
What a result only negative Norwoods sending off I wasnt at the match so dont know what happened but two yellows silly for another yellow so late in the game time for our other strikers to show what they can do but fantastic 3 points

Mattc777

02 October, 2018 21:15
Yeh tactical changes at half time worked wonders. Well done Micky.

I should point out there were two match - winning saves from Scotty today.

We're forced into a different combo up front next game then. Interesting if we score 3 again like in the tinpot trophy. Would you play Norwood after suspension if we did? Leave out the top scorer so the team scores more goals?

Fiftyyearsarover

02 October, 2018 21:16
Well done rovers ,shame Norwood sent off but luckily only a one game ban .Lincoln very good side indeed so brilliantly done rovers shades of Wembley attitude

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:17
We were battered most of the first half but hung in there and the tactical change by MM certainly had the desired affect, we were much better second half.

Very good all round team performance especially second half, Scotty made two very good saves.

Referee quite frankly a joke all game, Nors first booking for diving? don't know what else it was for, second for kicking the ball away after whistle had gone.

McNulty and Zoom had excellent games but, as previously stated, very good team performance. Harvey Gilmour did well as a second half sub.

Lincoln are a very good team and on another day, we could and probably should have been two or three down at half time.

Cannot fault the effort or team spirit which, got the result.

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:29
Superb result! And 4 points from those 2 games, when I would have taken 1. McNulty a good choice for MoTM but could have equally been Scott Davies.

Great turnaround after we looked well off the pace for the first half hour and in for a hiding, just like the start at MK Dons. Second half was evenly matched which is a real credit against a quality side.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:35
Well done Rovers a good result for the team tonight, we should have been out of sight in the first half, but if you don't take your chances,it mostly comes back to bite you in the bum.
It sounded like the old saying a game of 2 halves, Lincoln 1st half and Rovers 2nd half.

City seem to have a sort of sequence of results.
W2 D1
W3 L1
W3 L1
If it folows on like this we shall do well

But credit where credits due you beat us fair & square.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:36
Result aside, a good game between two sides actually trying to win a game!! Great hard working performance from all and could it be that we have found a formation that suits the players we have? We dominated the midfield in the second half with the addition of the extra midfielder. Ref again was shocking, some of his “decisions” were quite frankly fraudulent! Although a daft second yellow from Norwood. Although i dont know what his first was for? Think we will see Mullin if we stick to 4-5-1 on Sat

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:44
Quote:
jal jal
Well done Rovers a good result for the team tonight, we should have been out of sight in the first half, but if you don't take your chances,it mostly comes back to bite you in the bum.
It sounded like the old saying a game of 2 halves, Lincoln 1st half and Rovers 2nd half.

W2 D1
W3 L1
W3 L1

"Fair" and square? Don't think so!

We wasted time in the second half like I used to hate in the NL, however it was a necessity. Lincoln stopped playing as well in the second. Steve was solid, as was banks and Jennings picked up as the game went on.

Great result though and the SWA in fine voice. Stockton the least effective I've seen him but against that quality of opposition he was always going to struggle.

Morecambe on Saturday, we're away for the weekend in Fleetwood so nipping out for a few hours!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:47
Well, we've arrived!! Doesn't that feel good! Huge result and terrific turnaround in the second half. Gilmour made a huge difference. It's a compliment to us that Lincoln resorted to the long ball game as the second half wore on; even the "mighty" Cowley's couldn't crack the code (even with their dad doing all he could in the middle of the park to help them along; absolutely mind-boggling performance from the ref). Rhead (very diplomatic of me just to call him by his surname) was given a free kick shortly before the same happened to Norwood; free kick Rovers, surely? No, yellow card....go figure.
First half we looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights; looked like it was going to be a long night. Lincoln took the shine off their own performance though with some of the theatrics. Why resort to such antics, let your football do the talking as it was more than enough to make us sit up and listen. Have no doubts about it, we've beaten a very, very good side tonight. Forget mid-table or survival, as the prophetic words of that Sly Fox go "Let's go all the way, let's go all the way. Yeah, yeah, yeah!"
Yes, I'm a wee bit happy and Lord Norwood scores a one on one!
Definitely a result to dine out on!
Read it and weep Lincoln-in-laws!!

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:51
And who will play up front? Stockton may not be fit so someone else may get a chance. Thought we were superb tonight particularly second half. all played their part and eventually deserved the win! The referee was dreadful maybe even the worst we have seen this season!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:55
Worst referee I think I've ever seen, we had it bad in the first and then them in the second.

What game does Nors miss?

jim rockford
jim rockford (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 21:59
Quote:
martyd12
And who will play up front? Stockton may not be fit so someone else may get a chance. Thought we were superb tonight particularly second half. all played their part and eventually deserved the win! The referee was dreadful maybe even the worst we have seen this season!
Stockton was not injured tonight it was a tactical sub as the midfield was getting over run in the first half.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 22:01
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Worst referee I think I've ever seen, we had it bad in the first and then them in the second.

Agreed. He misses Morecombe away on Sat, so we should be ok. Great win though, especially against the egotistical Lincoln!

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 22:17
Superb effort About refs I reckon VNL refs were mostly useless but honest. Tonight's and the Newport ref seemed to have an agenda. Connor coming back to form and agree with other posters about the rest of the team

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 22:17
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Hardly Irons

Agreed. He misses Morecombe away on Sat, so we should be ok. Great win though, especially against the egotistical Lincoln!

Yeahhhhh! Big egos ,small ......
The sweet moment's made all the sweeter by the profound bitterness on their forum (plus a few Southern Comforts!).
Morecambe starting to pick up points, so won't be easy on Saturday.

Kentexile
Kentexile (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 22:30
Interesting options for Saturday, whether he plays 1 or 2 up front, and if it's 1 will it be Mullin? And if it's 2 maybe we'll see Akammadu on the bench?
If 5 in midfield, Gilmour again looked very good when he came on, just as he did at MK. Jennings improved vs the weekend but still short of his best, though not for lack of effort.

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 22:42
I said before MK Dons I expected 4 pts from these two games and we deliveredsmiling smiley. We just got to believe in the boys. The 12th man was in fine voice tonight, it makes all the difference to the team and we need to create this hostile environment for the away teams. Ball boy, fan in paddock and even Big Eric throwing the ball away from Lincoln players!!! We need to maintain the hostilities no team will be looking forward to that kind of atmosphere . Tactical masterstroke by MM at half time, we were overrun first half but dominated 2nd half. Happy Gilmour was awesome. Steve a man possessed!!!!! Nors burying a one on one...... Love it.
Andrade in the pocket again, he must hate ussmiling smiley Although he looked dangerous early on, Steve made his presence felt.

I keep saying it... But nothing to fear in this league we can beat anyone, tonight proves it.

Let's see how Mullin fares on Saturday. Maybe unleash Franklyn on 60min if nothing happening.

Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 22:55
Thought we were in for a pasting when Scotty had to make those early saves.Lincoln are a decent team but our resurgence in the 2nd half was a Micky master stroke.Norwood"s sending out was a sad way to finish.We've come along way but there is still much to be done.Referee's

performance must be the worst in the history of football.He should be made to ref little kids games until he shows any semblance of football knowledge and it's rules.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 23:32
Quote:
martyd12

He was as bad as any we saw in the National League too. Norwoods first booking was utterly ridiculous

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 23:42
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Quote:
jal jal

W2 D1
W3 L1
W3 L1

"Fair" and square? Don't think so!

We wasted time in the second half like I used to hate in the NL, however it was a necessity. Lincoln stopped playing as well in the second. Steve was solid, as was banks and Jennings picked up as the game went on.

Great result though and the SWA in fine voice. Stockton the least effective I've seen him but against that quality of opposition he was always going to struggle.

Morecambe on Saturday, we're away for the weekend in Fleetwood so nipping out for a few hours!

The reason Lincoln didn't play as well in the second half was Gilmour the extra midfielder who was excellent. Above all we got at them and pressurised them unlike the first half when they ran rings around us.A great result-great finish from Norwood.Apparently his first booking was allegedly for persistent fouling.In the incident he got the first yellow,it was the Lincoln player who committed the foul-the ref was quite simply appalling throughout-not even good enough for non league.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

02 October, 2018 23:47
I feared about the referee performance when I saw he already had issued 27 yellow cards in 9 games and a red. We always have a rose tinted view on every decision but I have never seen MM so angry as he was tonight in his post match interview. Normally he says he doesn't want to comment on referees for fear of fines etc. but today he rightly made all the points he needed to and said that this would all be going in his report so I assume that means he is safe!
As to the game we were overrran in the first half and on another day could have been 2 or 3 goals down at half time. MM however was absolutely right to change things at half time. I have been a big supporter of Stockton and yes he is a confidence player but I was so disappointed in his performance in the first half he seems to have no confidence left whatsoever!
Gilmour was exceptional when he came on and surely he will start ahead of Mc Cullough on Saturday who was poor IMO. He and Banks at this level will be a very dangerous combination if they are given time as they are way better than League 2 IMO.
Finally so impressed with Norwood's workrate and yes he scored a 1 on 1. His first yellow card was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen but he was booked so him getting sent off was stupid... slightly takes the gloss off an otherwise great result. Looking forward now to my trip to the Lake District and Morecambe on Saturday. Another 3 points there and we will be really in the mix!

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 07:58
Just watching Sky and they were rather critical of the referee and interestingly of the sending off. Norwood himself said he did not hear the whistle and rightly in his opinion played on. The Sky commentator suggested the Free James Norwood campaign starts here on Sky!!! Well done Sky although it will not get us anywhere!

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 08:11
A hard earned win for Rovers last night. Well done to the team for the second half performance in particular and the SWA were superb as always getting behind the team.
Would anyone like to identify the colour of Lincoln's kit. I think it was the worst kit I have seen and looked like a mixture of green, brown and grey.

rover87
rover87 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 10:39
Completely different team after half time so all credit to Micky for making the change, referee was an absolute disgrace probbaly the worst iv seen at PP over the last 3 seasons and thats saying something. Special mention for McNulty who I thought was absolutely fantastic for us again SWA

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 12:19
I notice on the Lincoln forum that they have a ''rate the ref'' and one of the posters gave him 6 out of 10 and said he was okay!!!!!!!

I think he was the worst I have seen in many years[including the National League].I'd give him one for turning up then take it back off him for the ridiculous Norwood first booking.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 12:49
Andy Haines should not referee another game - Facebook
Andy Haines should not referee another game. 635 likes. For Football fans throughout the country that have the misfortune to have this Useless Moron...
Not just us then smiling smiley

Fiftyyearsarover

03 October, 2018 14:25
What was the attendance for the Lincoln game please ?

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 15:06
Quote:
kennyspint
Andy Haines should not referee another game - Facebook
Andy Haines should not referee another game. 635 likes. For Football fans throughout the country that have the misfortune to have this Useless Moron...
Not just us then smiling smiley

He is the ref that Darren Ferguson got in trouble for saying he should be shot.
He was terrible last night. Id say the ref v Newport was worse by a tiny fraction but at the Newport game the linesmen were terrible too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 15:09 by Uptonrover.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 15:23
This clown has been a football league referee, I believe for nearly ten years,

So much for the assessors, who obviously protect there own, because some of the club assessments (Rovers and Donny)I imagine will be pretty scathing.

He was yet another referee who ,appeared unfit, couldn't keep up with play and again was making decisions yards behind play.

How he can book Nors for "persistent fouling" when he was the one fouled just about sums the useless waste of space up.

I wouldn't even let him ref a kids game (the kids deserve better!!!).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 15:29 by Jack of all Trades.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 15:38
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
What was the attendance for the Lincoln game please ?
close to 5500 don't know why it's not published lately

Fiftyyearsarover

03 October, 2018 17:08
Thanks Loyden ,the Wirral globe always gave the attendance but to that seems to have disappeared to .if you take the nearly 500 from Lincoln that turned up then it was an ok gate ,seeing it was against Lincoln I expected more but it was a Tuesday evening game .if it had been a sat game I think it would have been about 8000 as Lincoln would have fetched more

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 17:29
Massive win, we are close to having a really great side, hopefully we have a thong season with a good cup run which will bring some much needed funds to secure all that is good in the squad this season and add to it next for a promotion push, we may get close to playoffs this year but I feel personally that would be tomsoon, we need some stabilisation in order to kick on strong.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 17:41
Quote:
Higgosboots
Massive win, we are close to having a really great side, hopefully we have a thong season with a good cup run which will bring some much needed funds to secure all that is good in the squad this season and add to it next for a promotion push, we may get close to playoffs this year but I feel personally that would be tomsoon, we need some stabilisation in order to kick on strong.

That thong season sounds interesting Higgosboots. I wonder if it'll get more punters through the door! McNulty would be one to look out for! (Sm100)

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 18:22
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Higgosboots

That thong season sounds interesting Higgosboots. I wonder if it'll get more punters through the door! McNulty would be one to look out for! (Sm100)

I’m not sure Stevviie should be wearing flip flops for football smiling smiley

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 18:33
Interesting that a few weeks ago Gilmour was being dismissed as light weight. It only goes to show that young players need time to find their feet

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 18:42
Impy is a little quiet isn’t he ? 🤭

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 19:10
Quote:
TranmereFan
Impy is a little quiet isn’t he ? 🤭
no quieter than Goosed is....

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 19:26
A great result and maybe Noorwood getting banned might cause one or two other people to start stepping up a bit on the goal scoring front.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Fiftyyearsarover

03 October, 2018 19:46
If I may throw my usual spanner in the works ,yes well done it’s 4pts I did not expect ,but the theme for the last 3games is the fact that Newport ,Mk Dons and Lincoln could have and should have been out of sight by halftime which seems to suggest we are starting a bit to slow and would be better uping the tempo from the start like we did at Swindon ,up and at em as the saying goes

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 20:46
Interesting looking at the Lincoln press. Comments such as " we must learn to put away lesser teams like Tranmere a team that cannot score goals and who belong to the lower reaches of the league". Also they reckon they should have been "several " goals ahead at half time!
Well I have news for you. We won fair and square and if the team continues to fall over at the slightest touch they will be found out. They have no need to use such tactics as we all accept here they are a good side have got pace and will score goals!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 21:02
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
If I may throw my usual spanner in the works ,yes well done it’s 4pts I did not expect ,but the theme for the last 3games is the fact that Newport ,Mk Dons and Lincoln could have and should have been out of sight by halftime which seems to suggest we are starting a bit to slow and would be better uping the tempo from the start like we did at Swindon ,up and at em as the saying goes

Agree with you re MKD and Lincoln but not Newport who were easily the worst team I have seen us play this season.

04 October, 2018 12:28
Love the '12th man cam' view of Lord N's goal (particularly since you see the goal AND the 12th man in shot) but could somebody at the club please speak to the guy dressed in a grey trackie for the 'goal cam' view? Mostly it's his legs in shot and the way he's dancing about it's not in celebration but trying to keep the 12th man from getting too excited.

Great result though - 1 point off playoffs and rising...

1983SWA
1983SWA (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 13:36
Quote:
martyd12
Interesting looking at the Lincoln press. Comments such as " we must learn to put away lesser teams like Tranmere a team that cannot score goals and who belong to the lower reaches of the league". Also they reckon they should have been "several " goals ahead at half time!
Well I have news for you. We won fair and square and if the team continues to fall over at the slightest touch they will be found out. They have no need to use such tactics as we all accept here they are a good side have got pace and will score goals!

It seems that Lincoln have gained a very high opinion of themselves since they ended their stay in VNL

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 13:46
Does anybody know if Tranmere have posted the Official attendance for the Lincoln game on Tuesday night.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 14:34
I think it was 5464!

Fiftyyearsarover

04 October, 2018 19:35
464 Lincoln

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 20:31
Quote:
1983SWA
Quote:
martyd12

It seems that Lincoln have gained a very high opinion of themselves since they ended their stay in VNL

They @#$%& me off how misplaced their arrogance is.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 21:24
Thanks Marty & Fifty for that, I looked around but couldn`t fine it anywhere.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 October, 2018 21:28
Arrogance is right. Lincoln deserved to be non-league because they were not good enough for the league, but they deserve league 2 football now, however a simple reminder would let thme know Tranmere were flirting with the premier league in the last 20 years, whereas Lincoln graced league one on occasion, but never made consistent forays into the playoffs and a flirted with the championship.

They should get their heads out of their butt-holes and show more humbleness.

As for called Tranmere a lesser team, Tranmere have a better ground, probably better training facilities and I bet Lincoln aren't blitzing Tranmere on attendances even if they are getting higher ones.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 08:26
Quote:
Matt34
As for called Tranmere a lesser team, Tranmere have a better ground, probably better training facilities and I bet Lincoln aren't blitzing Tranmere on attendances even if they are getting higher ones.

Even if they do edge us on attendance it must be taken into account that we've got 2 (TWO) Premier League clubs on our doorstep draining potential local supporters away from us.

Their closest rivals are Scun Thorpe (did that to beat any potential censors!).

1983SWA
1983SWA (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 10:19
Every team has their level, occasionally they will push above it or sometimes fall way off. I`m all for celebrating success (can be rare in football) but do it with humility and a realization that it can change rapidly.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 October, 2018 13:11
I wouldn’t blame Lincoln city for these comments it’s usually the Local press who get carried away .allowed to print what they want ,Cowley or their supporters not slagged us off at all so just take it with the proverbial pinch of salt

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 16:14
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I wouldn’t blame Lincoln city for these comments it’s usually the Local press who get carried away .allowed to print what they want ,Cowley or their supporters not slagged us off at all so just take it with the proverbial pinch of salt

We got plenty of slaggin' on their forum Fifty. They ain't so sweet after all.

Fiftyyearsarover

05 October, 2018 18:34
Fair enough .i bow to your superior knowledge phill what a bunch of 2faced gits 👁👁

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 21:59
Quote:
Yiggsy
Even if they do edge us on attendance it must be taken into account that we've got 2 (TWO) Premier League clubs on our doorstep draining potential local supporters away from us.

Yet Tranmere were founded 8 years before Liverpool and it wasn't so easy back then to get to the Liverpool area, so you would think Tranmere could have built up a potential following much larger than it currently is, as potential supporters would not be so enticed to go to a big city club, if the big city clubs were more harder to get to.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 22:06
Hi Matt, Phil & Fifty as you know myself & import are Lincoln supporters.

So can I ask which site was slagging Tranmere off, as I haven`t read all the posts about the game.

If I was having a guess I would say it was Lincoln City Banter site.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 23:11
[quote 1983SWA]Every team has their level, occasionally they will push above it or sometimes fall way off. I`m all for celebrating success (can be rare in football) but do it with humility and a realization that it can change rapidly.[/quote
Agree with this

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

05 October, 2018 23:13
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Agre again

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:18
One of their fan's said he hate's Tranmere, another said that people from that area alway's thimk they are the victim's.Dirty scouser's is another quote. Bitter loser's I call them. Most Lincoln fan's are ok.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:57
I thought I would ask because most of Lincoln Vitals Forum don't bother with Lincoln City Banter Site, because even if they post something if the Lincoln Banter regulars mostly young lads don't agree with it they seem to get picked on and don't accept it because it goes against their way of thinking.
So I would suspect it's the Banter Site you mean.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:55
Quote:
jal jal
I thought I would ask because most of Lincoln Vitals Forum don't bother with Lincoln City Banter Site, because even if they post something if the Lincoln Banter regulars mostly young lads don't agree with it they seem to get picked on and don't accept it because it goes against their way of thinking.
So I would suspect it's the Banter Site you mean.
It was on the 100% Imp's forum. Most on it are ok It's just the odd few.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 19:25
Hi Old Rover
It’ just the odd fans on all teams forums that can’t accept that their team got beat, by a better team on the day, or who took their chances better.
We should have won , but we didn’t we were beaten, calling the opposing team or their fans or management won’t get the points back, so we have to move forward to the next game.
We were even worse today but we won, Crewe are a decent team and should be further up the League than they are.
Played well last week and lost. Played poor this week and won. But that’s how it is in this league it can happen like that.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 20:45
Hi Jal Jal
I love the rivalry and banter between our 2 clubs and I have no doubt you will get promotion this season. I just hope we can follow in your slipstream and also get up again this season! It could just happen!

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 21:11
Hi Marty

Thanks, I think rovers will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.
I think the team to watch is M K Dons they have a very good team and are beginning to hit some form.
Just hope we can keep the momentum up and don`t peter out after christmas.
By the time both of our teams meet again (3 games from the end) we should both know if we are likely to gain promotion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 21:14 by jal jal.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 22:26
Hi Jal Jal, I have the utmost respect for Lincoln's recent achievements and think there's more to come. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Cowley's have done a magnificent job. Old Rover has highlighted some of the comments I was referring to. Currently we're mirroring your achievements from last season, but it's a shame that some have to scrape the barrel with their blinkered, derogatory views of us. In that first half you were streets ahead of any team we've played this season and it was a massive psychological hurdle we overcame as a team and fans to turn the game around. I personally think that was a big turning point in our season and has even made the non-believers sit up and take note. If you do go up, which I believe you will, I hope we're not long to follow you. It's a decent rivalry we have, the sort that makes you look forward to attending the respective fixtures between us. I enjoy a little banter as much as the next person, but there's a fine line between humour or criticism and the vitriolic bile excreted by a few humourless, decadent, lost souls. The balance that you and others provide, is essential for the restoration of faith in the football brotherhood that we are all members of.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 22:27
Quote:
Phil65
Hi Jal Jal, I have the utmost respect for Lincoln's recent achievements and think there's more to come. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Cowley's have done a magnificent job. Old Rover has highlighted some of the comments I was referring to. Currently we're mirroring your achievements from last season, but it's a shame that some have to scrape the barrel with their blinkered, derogatory views of us. In that first half you were streets ahead of any team we've played this season and it was a massive psychological hurdle we overcame as a team and fans to turn the game around. I personally think that was a big turning point in our season and has even made the non-believers sit up and take note. If you do go up, which I believe you will, I hope we're not long to follow you. It's a decent rivalry we have, the sort that makes you look forward to attending the respective fixtures between us. I enjoy a little banter as much as the next person, but there's a fine line between humour or criticism and the vitriolic bile excreted by a few humourless, decadent, lost souls. The balance that you and others provide, is essential for the restoration of faith in the football brotherhood that we are all members of.

+1

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 09:36
Thanks everyone, the majority of our fans like the banter between our 2 teams, and it would be nice for us both to keep getting promoted together,but there's a long season ahead yet so let's see what happens
I've been a member here as I've said before since 2008 but I've still only 389 posts as I mostly like to read the other posts about your views of other teams in our league.
I would just like to add yesterday you've found some more goal scorers other than Norwood so that's looking positive for you.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 10:25
Quote:
jal jal
Hi Old Rover
It’ just the odd fans on all teams forums that can’t accept that their team got beat, by a better team on the day, or who took their chances better.
We should have won , but we didn’t we were beaten, calling the opposing team or their fans or management won’t get the points back, so we have to move forward to the next game.
We were even worse today but we won, Crewe are a decent team and should be further up the League than they are.
Played well last week and lost. Played poor this week and won. But that’s how it is in this league it can happen like that.

We should have won, I don’t think so. In the second half we were just as good and over ran you as much as you did us in the first half. There it is the arrogance talked about earlier.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 10:28
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
jal jal
Hi Old Rover

We should have won, I don’t think so. In the second half we were just as good and over ran you as much as you did us in the first half. There it is the arrogance talked about earlier.

Sorry but disagree. Lincoln should have been home and hosed by half time.Not arrogant at all.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 10:33
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
jal jal
Hi Old Rover

Sorry but disagree. Lincoln should have been home and hosed by half time.Not arrogant at all.

You could say that had they been 4 up at half time, we should have got 5 in the second half. Sorry but don’t think for one second they should have won. Both teams had the chances in each respective half.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net