football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

Re: Lincoln city
07 October, 2018 11:53
I still think Lincoln will win the league. Did anyone notice Cowley shaking hand's with all of our player's at the end.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 12:03
Especially James Norwood! Perhaps he was tapping him up!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 13:17
There was also a nice interchange of applause between Cowley and some of our fans in the Paddock as he walked off. Despite the rivalry, it was refreshing to see this respect from both parties.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 13:52
I'm from an era where both sets of fans used to stand together with no problems, so we were brought up to have banter, but also respect the different views of fans from opposing teams.
I saw my first game at Sincil Bank 72 yrs ago,at the beginning of the 1946/47 season.
So I've see Lincoln v Tranmere fixtures quite a few times.

[www.footballsite.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 17:25 by jal jal.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 16:26
Interesting look at the league in 1946 jai jai.especially the teams trying to get elected

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 20:47
Quote:
jal jal
I'm from an era where both sets of fans used to stand together with no problems, so we were brought up to have banter, but also respect the different views of fans from opposing teams.
I saw my first game at Sincil Bank 72 yrs ago,at the beginning of the 1946/47 season.
So I've see Lincoln v Tranmere fixtures quite a few times.

[www.footballsite.co.uk]
Pretty impressive Jal Jal I have to say. BTW my first game at Sincil Bank was two seasons ago and I can't wait for the next.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 21:27
We've all probably passed each other and obviously not known it, It's always nice to meet members at games that you have spoken to on their forums.
The Fanzone is now the popular place that both sets of fans seem to meet up now at Sincil Bank for a drink and something to eat before the game
And also the Travis Perkins bar adjacent to the Fanzone.
Both these are adjacent to where the away coaches park

Our next meeting is on the 22 April 2019

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 09:40
Agree,Lincoln very good side if they can keep the momentum going they will get promotion,but assured of playoffs .on forums their are people who are diehard muppets and have nothing nice to say about anyone or anything like trolls on Facebook .but in general the 2 sets of supporters are fine with each other and Cowley has been full of praise for rovers and shook hands with the Tranmere team at the end ,it was a game of 2 halves .Lincon never took their chances in the first half ,we were better than them second half and took one of the chances we had ,simples...when I was trucking I used to deliver to Walkers crisp factory near Sincil Bank and I used to look and think .jesus what happened to them ,then it happened to us so it’s good to see both clubs back in the League.as regards to the vile thrown at us by a few morons,sticks and stones

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net