football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Dale Jennings
29 September, 2018 07:07
Apologies for bringing this lad into a subject discussion once again.... however I have seen he’s signed for Runcorn, to get himself back into the beautiful game! This is great news and I hope we are first call for him for a return!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Dale Jennings
29 September, 2018 07:24
That’s good news ,lreally hope he can do it .what a wasted talent ,as we go through life and get to be an old git like me we all think what we should and could have done differently.perhaps the realisation has at last hit him as to how he has messed up and is now in the dreaded last chance saloon ,good luck Dale

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

29 September, 2018 12:20
I think it's Runcorn Town that he has joined not Runcorn,

Runcorn Town play in a lower league than Runcorn.

Steve45
Steve45 (IP Logged)

29 September, 2018 16:58
Bayern Munich to Runcorn. Bet he rues the day he left us.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

29 September, 2018 20:23
Who would turn down a move to Bayern, it never worked out, the lad clearly has talent, best of luck, hope he can re-build his career

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

29 September, 2018 20:28
Agree and not sure he had a choice really

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 September, 2018 21:59
Well he did, as he couldn't be forced legally or with strong arm tactics to go to Bayern if he hadn't wanted to, but the move clearly helped to ruin his career somewhat, but then how was he to know?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 06:55
Quote:
Matt34
Well he did, as he couldn't be forced legally or with strong arm tactics to go to Bayern if he hadn't wanted to, but the move clearly helped to ruin his career somewhat, but then how was he to know?

How do you know what’s ruined his career? I know someone who was involved with Barnsley’s first team while he was their, it wasn’t his football.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 15:10
There are plenty of players who never made the grade despite the potential - there was a story about George Green's struggles recently.

It's impossible to know what would have happened had he stayed with us, or signed for West Ham, but given he's had chances at Barnsley and MK Dons it seems like there is a larger issue than merely his time in Germany.

Hopefully the drop down to Runcorn's level will be exactly what he needs. He's still young enough that if he has a good season and shows potential there will be professional teams happy to take a chance on him next year.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 19:35
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Matt34

How do you know what’s ruined his career? I know someone who was involved with Barnsley’s first team while he was their, it wasn’t his football.

I didn't say I know, I said it clearly has, because why would he be a class act at Tranmere, go there, get released because he wanted to leave, then get binned off by Barnsley and then MK Dons?

It can't be because of Barnsley or MK Dons, so the reason his career has gone sour is mostly likely to be the move to Germany, he asked to leave them and they said they did it with a heavy heart, because they hadn't wanted to let Dale go from Bayern.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 19:38
Think he just needs to get himself back to full fitness and start enjoying his football again tbh

If he gets back to where he was when at Rovers, he'll be well sought after and probably out of our price range lol.

At least he's made a fresh start

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 19:39 by pez.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 19:47
I think Tranmere could afford to buy highly prized Runcorn players, unless Runcorn suddenly got taken over by a mad American or a Russian oligarch who could spend £20,000 a week on wages and was bumping the valuations of star players up to £1,000,000 starting price (Sm6).

pez
pez (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 19:55
I meant we would get out bid by rival clubs, like the Danny Rowe saga.

Just hope he can resurrect his career.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

01 October, 2018 22:24
Quote:
pez
Just hope he can resurrect his career.
+1

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 19:01
Quote:
pez

Fair enough smiling smiley.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 11:54
There is a fresh new article about Dale Jennings which has been put up on the BBC footy website today, its worth a read. He scored on his debut for Runcorn Town.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 12:04
Its good to see that he is trying to get back into the game and even though he is still relatively young at 25, I still reckon he has missed out on those crucial years in his development as a young player.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 16:25
Considering the money spent on James Wallace both on contracts and medical bills, I for one would welcome Dale back if he continues to progress at Runcorn Town.

Reading the article and about his daughters illness, a lot has happened since leaving as an 18year old (he is still only 25?) and he has made a lot of mistakes along the way which, he realises.

A contract at some stage may prove a sound investment.

What do you think?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 19:16
If he was even back to 75% of the player he was before, which is arguably premier league quality, then he could be good enough for top half league 1 clubs, possibly even bottom half championship clubs or SPL standard clubs, barring Rangers and Celtic.

He could then be treated the same as any player coming from lower league, that being you earn at best 66%-75% of top wages until proven to justify a top wage, rather than coming in for maximum allowance, because he would need to prove he had recaptured enough of the right stuff to make him a first team regular, rather than being a flatter to deceive player that only had NL or NLN / NLS standard skills.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 20:15
Quote:
Matt34
If he was even back to 75% of the player he was before, which is arguably premier league quality, then he could be good enough for top half league 1 clubs, possibly even bottom half championship clubs or SPL standard clubs, barring Rangers and Celtic.
He could then be treated the same as any player coming from lower league, that being you earn at best 66%-75% of top wages until proven to justify a top wage, rather than coming in for maximum allowance, because he would need to prove he had recaptured enough of the right stuff to make him a first team regular, rather than being a flatter to deceive player that only had NL or NLN / NLS standard skills.

Anyone is good enough for the SPL

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 22:30
Do you mean the Scottish Premier League or the Southern Premier League?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net