football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

prenton park prices
24 September, 2018 15:02
i know that there are quite a few tranmere fans who agree with me that the price to watch a match at tranmere is an absolute joke. I think the price should be one set price regarding what league you play in. if you play in the vanarama league- it should be no more than 10.00 for any adult. if you play in league 2 - it should be no more than 12.00 for any adult. if you play in league 1 - no more than 15.00 for any adult. if you play in the championship - no more than 20.00 for any adult. if you play in the premier league - it should be no more than 25.00 to get in for any adult. at the end of the day- all we are paying for is a seat to watch 22 players kick a ball for 90 minutes. it would not be so bad if every seat had a cushion with the clubs badge on .

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: prenton park prices
24 September, 2018 15:16
That’s just not sustainable for clubs to have that structure, nice idea but not practical.
If an issue, pick and choose which games To attend maybe

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 15:21
Talk about absolute joke baldy . . . .approx 13500 cushions with trfc embroidery cost about£1.2 million. And probably make great souvenirs to take home !

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 15:26
That would cost us a loss of £25000 per home game and around £600k per season based on an average of 5000 fans per game.

Nice idea but would sooner the club have it

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 15:44
I don't think it's that bad while I'm only paying a couple of quid for my eldest so it averages out quite nicely. Hopefully we'll get onto season tickets next year which might get us down to the kind of prices that you're looking for

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 15:49
The club would go bankrupt , those days of cheap tickets for football are well gone and will never return. Compared to some tranmere prices aren't that bad.

mill park white
mill park white (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 16:12
Good grasp of football economics there, Baldy One.

MESSAGES->author
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 18:52
I remember when Eveton did cushions in the Main stand and they ended up slung onto the pitch at the end of the game after another abject defeat.:O

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 19:12
Quote:
Yiggsy
I remember when Eveton did cushions in the Main stand and they ended up slung onto the pitch at the end of the game after another abject defeat.:O
ha ha Yeh. . .I seem to remember in our old wooden stand you could hire a cushion

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

24 September, 2018 21:39
I don’t think I would make you my accountant Baldy one ,be skint in no time .i think rovers prices are very fare

roversoffspring
roversoffspring (IP Logged)

25 September, 2018 09:31
i think for league 2 football our prices are competitive. I agree a cap of sorts like they have in the prem of no more then £20 for away fans as you have the expense of travelling etc. but for me i go to work Monday-friday and i get paid for it i could spend money on other things but i chose to spend it at tranmere. i go the tent before the game, get an awful burger/hot dog at half time and why? to pump more money into the club. I do it because my dad took me, his dad took him and his dad took him. A trail of fans since the 40's and i took my 4 year old his first game last season and he's been begging ever since to come back and i took him to a 1-0 loss to Dover! whilst i agree with the sentiment of your post if fans did not dig into their pockets there would simply not be a club on the wirral Tranmere would fold. Nice idea but until the day i die my money will be going into Tranmere. Yes when i was younger and unemployed i had to cherry pick games but again i saved up for the price of a ticket for me i'm happy to pay to keep my club afloat and if tranmere charge £20 for away fans they should do the same for us? i'm sure a few clubs MIGHT be able to go with your business plan but lets just say i'm glad Mr Mark Palios is Chairman smiling smiley

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

25 September, 2018 15:38
My sentiments entirely offspring my dad took me 1957 and I've took my kids (I could of been done for cruelty a few times !)and now grandkids go.all my family rovers thru and thru .our prices are cheaper than a lot of away games we go to

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

25 September, 2018 16:30
I agree our prices are competitive, but if there was a fixed rate, it may bring down the excessive wage demands of some players. The clubs wouldn’t be able to afford them. Might put the lower leagues on a more level playing field.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

26 September, 2018 14:29
Our prices should be compared with other types of entertainment at a similar level.

The Coral are arguably the Tranmere of music - most people into popular/indie music will know a little bit about them, but not necessarily have listened to an album or be able to name many songs (if any). Their profile in their sphere is similar to ours. Their tickets for the Liverpool gig are £26.58 (weirdly).

Robin Ince is arguably the Tranmere of comedy - people will vaguely know who he is, know his face but might not know too many details about him (unless they are regular comedy goers). He is on the telly as a small part of shows a lot. Tickets for his show in Salford are £18.50.

The Liverpool Empire is arguably the Tranmere of thearte - a small national profile, but people outside the North West won't know too much about it. Average tickets for the Panto are £19-£24 for adults; £9-£14 for children.

So across different types of entertainment, around 90 minutes of live performance costs the same as watching Tranmere. This is based on looking at things similar to Tranmere - not the real high-end events (which match the Premiership), but people/venues that the wider public has some knowledge of and people who go a lot will just about be able to have a conversation about.

It would be hard to think of things I could watch live that are as well known as Tranmere Rovers than would cost less than £12 for a good seat.

nlrover
nlrover (IP Logged)

26 September, 2018 22:17
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
Our prices should be compared with other types of entertainment at a similar level.
The Coral are arguably the Tranmere of music - most people into popular/indie music will know a little bit about them, but not necessarily have listened to an album or be able to name many songs (if any). Their profile in their sphere is similar to ours. Their tickets for the Liverpool gig are £26.58 (weirdly).

Robin Ince is arguably the Tranmere of comedy - people will vaguely know who he is, know his face but might not know too many details about him (unless they are regular comedy goers). He is on the telly as a small part of shows a lot. Tickets for his show in Salford are £18.50.

The Liverpool Empire is arguably the Tranmere of thearte - a small national profile, but people outside the North West won't know too much about it. Average tickets for the Panto are £19-£24 for adults; £9-£14 for children.

So across different types of entertainment, around 90 minutes of live performance costs the same as watching Tranmere. This is based on looking at things similar to Tranmere - not the real high-end events (which match the Premiership), but people/venues that the wider public has some knowledge of and people who go a lot will just about be able to have a conversation about.

It would be hard to think of things I could watch live that are as well known as Tranmere Rovers than would cost less than £12 for a good seat.

Excellent reasoning Claytonne & Clark.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

27 September, 2018 16:54
Quote:
the baldy one
i know that there are quite a few tranmere fans who agree with me that the price to watch a match at tranmere is an absolute joke. I think the price should be one set price regarding what league you play in. if you play in the vanarama league- it should be no more than 10.00 for any adult. if you play in league 2 - it should be no more than 12.00 for any adult. if you play in league 1 - no more than 15.00 for any adult. if you play in the championship - no more than 20.00 for any adult. if you play in the premier league - it should be no more than 25.00 to get in for any adult. at the end of the day- all we are paying for is a seat to watch 22 players kick a ball for 90 minutes. it would not be so bad if every seat had a cushion with the clubs badge on .

That makes about as much economic sense as Corben saying free university places for all. Basic economics say if your income is lower than your expenditure your business will fail.

Would only work in premier league as tv income outweighs the club's expenditure.

We could however reduce our expenditure by selling the ground and moving to shafts where we can cram 5k in at 10 quid a pop.

Ps. The people that agree with you, are they the same ones who complain about not investing in the team 😀

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

27 September, 2018 20:20
Rather than continue the "witch hunt", perhaps consideration should be given to the concessionary prices applying to the unemployed (some clubs have this policy) or low-waged (although this might be more difficult to evidence), or even having a new category supplementary to the concessionary price; outrageous suggestion, I know (I'll be struck by lightening)!
Is it fair that students in Scotland get free university tuiton, whereas students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who study North of the border, have to pay?
To a degree, your reasoning is fair Claytonne&Clark, but your comparisons are one-off events or perhaps a once a year "treat". Imagine paying to see the relative mediocrity upwards of 20 times a year; not many takers for more than the once annual "pilgrimage" I guess. If Tranmere played once a year, I'm guessing that there wouldn't be too many complaints about paying £20 plus to see our "icons"; 50/50 chance of promotion too! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2018 21:21 by Phil65.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

28 September, 2018 16:16
Our prices have always been reasonable compared to so many clubs including many with far inferior facilities

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

29 September, 2018 08:58
mr Macawber from Dickens book David Copperfiels had it spot on ,income £2000 per annum expenditure £1900 per annum ,result happiness expenditure £2001 pounds result ,misery .in other words you must make more than you spend .cheap seats are a good idea but won’t pay for the upkeep of our belovered Prenton Park .we don’t want a tatty old stadium

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

30 September, 2018 20:06
Quote:
Phil65
Rather than continue the "witch hunt", perhaps consideration should be given to the concessionary prices applying to the unemployed (some clubs have this policy) or low-waged (although this might be more difficult to evidence), or even having a new category supplementary to the concessionary price; outrageous suggestion, I know (I'll be struck by lightening)!
Is it fair that students in Scotland get free university tuiton, whereas students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who study North of the border, have to pay?
To a degree, your reasoning is fair Claytonne&Clark, but your comparisons are one-off events or perhaps a once a year "treat". Imagine paying to see the relative mediocrity upwards of 20 times a year; not many takers for more than the once annual "pilgrimage" I guess. If Tranmere played once a year, I'm guessing that there wouldn't be too many complaints about paying £20 plus to see our "icons"; 50/50 chance of promotion too! smiling smiley
Got a discount at Bromley for working for the NHS

Pitou
Pitou (IP Logged)

30 September, 2018 20:07
Will if we didn't have 10 thousands empty seats maybe they might lower the prices , but the structure a the minute works fine as everybody else its pretty much the same price at are level

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net