football
Latest News:

windsorexile
windsorexile (IP Logged)

2 Tickets to Birkenhead..., well Bill Ryder Jones
19 September, 2018 18:56
Evening everyone, I've been a long-time reader of this site and Barabara Jones's predecessor on Rovers Rearguard but never posted before. Been watching Rovers since 1985 with my father (Devon Exile). I now take my son Sam whenever I can, He's 8 and totally addicted to all things Rovers. I thought I'd log on as I have 2 spare tickets for Bill Ryder Jones tomorrow night at the South Bank Centre in London that I cant use as I am going to have to work instead. Given that Bill's drummer is a Rovers fan and his Album is called 'West Kirby County Primary' Id much rather just give the tickets away to a Tranmere fan than try to sell them on ebay. So if any South East exiles fancy going to the gig for free tomorrow PM me and I'll sort out sending the e-tickets over. In the meantime after years of reading the thoughts of others here I look forward to making some posts here myself! SWA

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: 2 Tickets to Birkenhead..., well Bill Ryder Jones
19 September, 2018 20:33
Welcome .son of Devon exile ,how good is that and fetching your boy up the right way ,it’s a pity Honkong rover isn’t he he would bite your hand off but well done for the thought ,we hope to get your thoughts on the Forum all things rovers and any topics you want ,many thoughts get aired on here 😀

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 04:40
Hi Windsorexile, welcome on board, it will be interesting to see if your views, opinions and posts will differ from that of your old man or are you 'a chip off the old block?' lol..

PS i always like reading Devons posts.

20 September, 2018 14:28
Don't mean to pull you up, fifty, but isn't it a bit of an assumption that windsor is devon's son?

Could be his daughter - I've seen women at football matches quite often over the past few years!

windsorexile
windsorexile (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 14:54
Nah, Fifty's on the money! There is a DevonExile 2 and she's a female (sister)..., but her interest in Rovers was fleeting, not really surviving beyond Matt Elliot’s second against us at Wembley! She does however, still have a Rovers sticker on her car window as she says it makes her look 'double hard', putting the fear of god into any potential tailgaters!!! On the plus side my wife, an Essex girl whose parents are from Pakistan has been an unlikely attendee at quite a few away games....managed to convert her from Spurs to Rovers and I can safely say when the ref blew the whistle on the 12th of May and I saw her crying tears of joy with my son and his grandad that my mission was complete!!!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 16:42
Plenty of tears in our family 2.welcome 2ur families

Fiftyyearsarover

20 September, 2018 17:35
Do keep up twelfth of may😀 Windsor. states he is the son of Devon exile in his original post .Devon does some good posts .windsor appears to be of the same ilk .i love to hear how different families become SWA despite living the other side of the U.K.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 18:30
A full family trip to Prenton Park must be a rarity!

21 September, 2018 14:07
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Do keep up twelfth of may😀 Windsor. states he is the son of Devon exile in his original post .Devon does some good posts .windsor appears to be of the same ilk .i love to hear how different families become SWA despite living the other side of the U.K.

Sorry for the extreme pedantry, fifty, but if you read windsor's original post he refers to his father, devon, and his son, sam, but nowhere does he reveal his own gender (unless there is some use of code words to which only you and windsor are privy)(Sm154)

Fiftyyearsarover

21 September, 2018 23:19
No ,please read Windsor’s piece again twelfth of may it is glaringly obvious what he is saying .he is Devon’s son and Sam is Windsor’s son ,come on buck up 😀

belmont63
belmont63 (IP Logged)

22 September, 2018 07:09
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No ,please read Windsor’s piece again twelfth of may it is glaringly obvious what he is saying .he is Devon’s son and Sam is Windsor’s son ,come on buck up 😀

Sorry 50 I think 12th is right here. Perhaps you could point to or quote the text in Windsor’s original post where he identifies himself as male. I can’t find it

26 September, 2018 08:09
Thanks for support Belmont!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net