football
Latest News:

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

Macclesfield Town...... LOL
17 September, 2018 18:40
I feel sorry (Sm108) for the champions of the national league (2017-18)....what a shame...second from bottom (Sm22)....[youtu.be]

all in good humour boys....(Sm152)

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Macclesfield Town...... LOL
17 September, 2018 19:05
Be great if they bottom when they visit us. And the whole crowd chanted who the fxxx are tranmere or similar

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 19:09
Quote:
Loyden1
Be great if they bottom when they visit us. And the whole crowd chanted who the fxxx are tranmere or similar

And knowing us, we’ Bloody lose to them. Macs first win of the season end Rovers 100% home record, I can just see it now. Stuff nightmares are made of.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 19:49
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
Loyden1

And knowing us, we’ Bloody lose to them. Macs first win of the season end Rovers 100% home record, I can just see it now. Stuff nightmares are made of.

hehe thats what i was thinking aktrfc.....just our luck hey.....here's hoping the lads will be up for it when we play them

ChloesDad
ChloesDad (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 21:36
100% home record, I'm sure Mansfield and Colchester may have something to say about that when we play them winking smiley

Oh we already have, and we drew with both of them at home. Unbeaten record yes, 100% record no

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 06:25
Quote:
ChloesDad
100% home record, I'm sure Mansfield and Colchester may have something to say about that when we play them winking smiley

Oh we already have, and we drew with both of them at home. Unbeaten record yes, 100% record no

I’m sure you know what mean

roversoffspring
roversoffspring (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 10:04
last season Macc at home was a disaster their goal right on the stroke of half time killed us i honestly thought when cook equalised we'd go onto to win but we got hammered. Along with Welling United away, Wrexham 4-2 in the cup, sutton away and Dover at home that makes up my top 5 worst games i witnessed in the VNL (feel free to share yours). we are a different beast this time round and so are they, blisset may have looked like a young emile heskey in the VNL but in league 2 he's more like kithson bain, their best players have gone and whittaker cant pull the strings like last year. if we are disciplined and we play like we can we should beat them and possibly even give them a pasting (yeovil v newport-esque would be very nice). for some bizarre reason their players and their fans decided to create this rivalry towards us by their antics from last year. This league 2 has some added spice with it being more northern the likes of Morecambe, Crewe, Oldham, port vale, Bury and Macc so as much as i like the northern teams for the convience of away days and the decent crowds they bring to PP i wouldn't shed a tear if Macc became the first team to go straight back down after coming up from the VNL! however i can see them sacking their manager come Christmas and just surviving by the skin of their teeth and Morecambe going down with some unknown yet there is always one team that goes into free-fall after the new year, i remember a team they played in white brought in 47 loanees and got up to 17th some people whispering about the playoffs! round about 2015 i think but said team then finished bottom of the 92 and were relegated to the VNL and a certain hartlepool who changed managers mid season and brought in Ronnie Moore stayed up! Ronnie is after a job after all isn't he! he'll take over a league 2 team at some stage this season, but Friday night V Macc cant come soon enough!! SWA

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 16:56
Quote:
roversoffspring
for some bizarre reason their players and their fans decided to create this rivalry towards us by their antics from last year.

Sorry but I don't see this at all. They celebrated loudly yes when they won the title but drink paid a huge part in that-no malice at all. It was banter that got a bit out of hand that's all.

As for this season,they are too worried and concerned about their own problems to be bothered about us or anybody else.I know a few Macc fans and they were pleased that it was us that won the playoffs.

If anything,it is some of our fans who have created this ''mythical'' situation.

Look on their message board.

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 19:21
Agree with Hoots. They were ecstatic that night having achieved the impossible and all credit to them. They beat us fair and square and deserved it.

No malice at all.

In fact I hope they survive... much rather go down the road to Macc than end up in 6-finger on each hand country like where FGR live!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 11:30
Quote:
Yiggsy
Agree with Hoots. They were ecstatic that night having achieved the impossible and all credit to them. They beat us fair and square and deserved it.
No malice at all.

In fact I hope they survive... much rather go down the road to Macc than end up in 6-finger on each hand country like where FGR live!

lol , 6 finger on each hand country lol

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 13:10
They sang about us on the terraces
They sang about us on the coaches
They sang about us in the bars.
they're going to get it thrown back at them in bucketloads, that's how the banter train rolls.

@#$%& club no fans, @#$%& club no fans

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 13:12
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Yiggsy
No malice at all.

Surprised you've not heard this style of insult before. I mean generally - not directed at you!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 13:27
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Yiggsy
No malice at all.

Surprised you've not heard this style of insult before. I mean generally - not directed at you!

i have heard this style of insult before but its still funny and amuses me.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

20 September, 2018 13:49
If I’m honest then I’d have to agree with Hoots and Yiggsy.

They massively (divided opinions) overachieved last season and their fans and players knew that so celebrations were always going to be exaggerated especially considering they’d pipped us in the match and also to the finish line and we were the ‘big team’ in the league.

Hope they don’t go down but wouldn’t shed a tear if they did as they’ve had to do another huge rebuild but without the foundations of Askey as already pointed out.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

26 September, 2018 22:00
West hap put 8 past them tonight

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

27 September, 2018 06:46
JUst had a laugh, sorry mean read of the Mac town forum. Can’t believe they have a thread for MOM for last nights games. Think there players should have stayed on the bus. Well they do say what goes around, comes around.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

27 September, 2018 08:32
At least macc reached the 3rd round which is better than we did.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

27 September, 2018 11:07
Don’t laugh just yet boys we have to play Man City U21s imagine if they play young Foden 😬

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

27 September, 2018 13:04
Quote:
coltran

I'm sure you would love to swap places with them. They are in a right mess

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 09:16
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
coltran

I'm sure you would love to swap places with them. They are in a right mess

No I certainly would not want to swap places with Macc, because at the moment they are looking as though they may be the first team to be relegated back to the National League after the first season since promotion. Just making the point that they took the cup seriously enough to win through to the 3rd round; unlike us who played a weakened side against a team from a higher league (i.e. Walsall).

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

03 October, 2018 14:54
I think Morecambe and Macc have done better over the last 2/3 games so the so called easy games will take a focused effort
The comments of every one can beat anyone in this division is true
Glad to have taken 4 Pt’s from last two games
Hope Nors won’t be missed too much on Saturday

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:14
Lost again at home Notts County, 80 min pen

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:16
Ha ha ha ha, what where they singing last summer, ha ha ha VNL here they come, League 1 here we come

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 17:27
12 games in where are all the non believers who said let's see where we are after 10 games ? With out the full on attempted murder by Harris and butterfingers Davies we should be second and that's with only one decent Striker.
We have by far the best supported team in the league vocal and away following . Keep the faith .

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 18:36
Where there that many.It is generally true that it needs time to see how a team will perform? At the start of the season I said that I would see mid table as progress and even now I would see that as a good outcome.You do not have to expect promotion to be a believer. In fact the real believers are those who stayed with the club when things were awful and it was hard to believe they would ever be very different

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 19:02
Macc are having a hard time, but it’s still early days. Knowing MB their chairs, don’t write them off just yet, especially when they play us next. All said a good 5 or 6 past them would wipe the deflated smile off their face. Post that vid, then be prepared to back it up. Who the f are Mac.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 21:23
Quote:
OMD WHITE
We have by far the best supported team in the league vocal and away following . Keep the faith .

The attendance list below was after 4-6 games, so unless Tranmere have been getting 10,000 regularly since then, your sentiment is a little misplaced.

League 2 attendances

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 21:32
Well we are back in the Football League now but still decent support

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 23:22
Banana skin next Friday with them still seeking their first League win.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

06 October, 2018 23:42
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Banana skin next Friday with them still seeking their first League win.

Norwood eats Bananas on his porridge. Don’t worry about that one.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 12:02
If I was a macc fan, I’d be knocking on Mark blowers door and asking him to approach Ronnie Moore. If anyone would stand a chance of saving them it Ronnie. If your reading this Mark, just wait until after Friday.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

07 October, 2018 14:01
Quote:
aktrfc
If I was a macc fan, I’d be knocking on Mark blowers door and asking him to approach Ronnie Moore. If anyone would stand a chance of saving them it Ronnie. If your reading this Mark, just wait until after Friday.

If you watch the Macclesfields' managers very downcast and desolate interview after yesterdays' defeat to Notts County,you will hear him say that ''we're not a million miles away'' from their first league win.smiling smiley

Let's hope that it doesn't happen next Friday.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 21:41
Get in there.... great result....swa

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 October, 2018 23:33
Quote:
aktrfc
If I was a macc fan, I’d be knocking on Mark blowers door and asking him to approach Ronnie Moore. If anyone would stand a chance of saving them it Ronnie.

Ronnie has actually been linked.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net