prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Mellon contract
09 August, 2018 18:00
Isn't his contract up in October?

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Mellon contract
09 August, 2018 18:45
I thought he was on twelve month rolling contract, his original contract having expired in June?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:40
Well he was still in charge for the Stevenage game, so at least he didn't expire, but as for his contract I'm not sure but I think he has extended it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:46
Will be interesting how long he will be here for if we do well this season....

davep63
davep63 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 14:50
Quote:
TranmereFan
and if we don't. SWA

Steve45
Steve45 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 17:47
Quote:
davep63
Quote:
TranmereFan
and if we don't. SWA
just hope we dont get rid of Micky if we do struggle. He's the best manager we had for a long time.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 18:04
Quote:
Steve45
Quote:
davep63
Quote:
TranmereFan
and if we don't. SWA
just hope we dont get rid of Micky if we do struggle. He's the best manager we had for a long time.

I just worry about someone poaching him

Neal1987
Neal1987 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 18:04
I find it rather strange neither the manager or the club have came out with anything concrete. I have a feeling he may have some sort of gentlemens agreement that should the first quarter of he season go good or bad then make a desk ion from there. Very strange either way, would you sign for a club if you had no idea if the manager hat wants you there may not be there himself in a few months time?! Needs addressing

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 19:49
I think it’s again on the journos that ask the questions. They’re too busy asking about players, matches and pre-season recently and I doubt it’s crossed any of their minds.

I don’t think MM would stop them asking questions to tell them about his contract. He’s not that kind of guy and I’m sure if he was asked that he’d answer.

If anyone sees him before the game maybe ask him for 10seconds of his time?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 21:18
Management is always precarious and I doubt that any player gives a jot about a managers contract. Any player on a two year contract knows that there is at least an even chance that the manager will change before the two years is up.

Neal1987
Neal1987 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 22:05
Totally disagree players don't care who their manager will be

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 22:36
So do you think Norburn would have gone to Shrewsbury if Askey wasn't in charge?

I think some players do care to be honest.

Neal1987
Neal1987 (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 09:14
Matt34 I was responding to devonexile comment, I disagreed with his opinion, my opinion is most players would want to join a club where the manager was not about to leave

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 19:52
Fair play and my comment was not meant to look like a criticism of you, but how do many players know if a manager is about to leave? The only players who might be in a position to conclude that could be potential loan players, who can be signed after several games who have the ability to look at form to assess a managers capability.

When someone is thinking of joining a club at the start of the season, they don't have any form for that season to create a measured outlook with, so unless someone is being in January, plenty of players take a gamble, but clearly one worth taking, or they wouldn't sign for that particular club.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net