football
Latest News:

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

No Transfer In on Transfer day
09 August, 2018 17:35
Rubbish day for Tranmere as we didnt recruit anyone after selling norburn, looking likely its going to be a loan deal now which sometimes work or it doesnt, either way are they committed to the club ?

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

Re: No Transfer In on Transfer day
09 August, 2018 17:52
True, we lost Norburn which is a blow, but we have received a fee (wish we knew how much though). We also may get something from Max Power's move from Wigan to Sunderland. This is money that needs to be spent wisely and not simply splashed out because it's transfer deadline day. I am sure that MM had a target or two but for various reasons, the transfer(s) never materialised. I'd rather see us take our time and secure a player that we really want and can afford. There is always the loan system to turn to if we really need it in the short term. Personally, I think we do need a target man who is good in the air at Center Forward but that is easier said than done. For now, we need to see how the current crop of players cope with L2.

Every ball's a white ball

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 17:54
Disappointing with money burning a hole in the pockets.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:25
What happened to the Italian kid we had on trial?

Micky was praising him the other week. He was on a free too.

I think we'll struggle unless we get some loanees in, not necessarily now, but certainly when injuries and suspensions appear.

Can't believe we couldn't land any of our preferred targets before the window closed.

No point in complaining too much, it is what it is,and we've passed the point of no return.

Interesting to see that Danny Rowe wasn't snapped up by anyone either? Maybe he's not as good as the hype he's been generating.

There's always January, unless we get off to a nightmare between now and then?

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 19:41
We cannot really tell much about our current squad until we get to October.Thus far relative to coming and goings the close season has felt rather underwhelming but splashing money about is not any guarantee of success.Accringtons signings last summer would not have quickened the pulse but a great season followed.
I am just not sure what the expectations for the season. I hope that we at least aspire to be clear of any relegation dogfight as that would not feel like progress. Mid table would and I would certainly settle for that outcome

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 23:31
I think a couple if decent loan signings can work well if you get the right quality which we have a chance of if we can now afford better wages.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 23:43
Quote:
pez
Interesting to see that Danny Rowe wasn't snapped up by anyone either? Maybe he's not as good as the hype he's been generating.

A couple of Glocs journos were saying Cheltenham were in for him today and that the player was keen to move but then other clubs (including us) started getting mentioned, the fee then went over £200k and, for whatever reason, it didn't happen. Fwiw, Cheltenham fans are even more downbeat about their prospects than some of our lot so PP should really be bouncing on Saturday!

Bottom line is Fylde want promotion and don't want or need to sell their top scorer, at least until they have a replacement lined up. But seeing they bid £150k for the lad from Ayr this week suggests to me that there might yet be a possibility of Rowe moving on before the end of the month.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 08:31
Although also out of our price range but likely to cost no more than Rowe, I would much prefer Doidge and FGR is willing to sell him.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 09:18
FGR wanted £1m+ when Cardiff came calling last season for Doidge.

Definitely out of our field!

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 09:20
Hmmmmmmm another post with the word rubbish in it. Plus ca change.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 18:42
Interesting comments re 'signings' - if Max Power went (like Cook), for free then, that's life is the answer - however having some income from Norburn (cost Rovers NOTHING remember), plus a possible income in January when the Power deal is confirmed, places Rovers in a rather decent financial situation - with the possibility of 'Loan Players' now, who could be signed in January??? - really it's not so bad a picture as some would paint. Let's leave it to the management staff who have ALL the 'jigsaw pieces' to play with eh. Here's to three points vs Cheltenham tomorrow.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 19:08
My understanding is, that Max has gone on loan until January because the transfer took too long to complete.

A fee has been agreed which, will be paid on completion of a permanent transfer.

So we may get some dosh in January.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 22:43
I also saw that. Initial loan deal with a permanent transfer thereafter.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 13:49
we will only know how good or bad the group of players are when Tranmere has actually played a significant number of games. there have been enough duff players brought in over past three years so part of me is thankful the panic buys haven't happened.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 17:53
Apparently somebody has come on loan from Sunderland anybody know Who?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 18:12
Quote:
prentonpete1
Apparently somebody has come on loan from Sunderland anybody know Who?

Power on January 2nd smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 20:03
It might be Andrew Nelson. He recently had a loan spell at Falkirk and scored 4 in 12, so he could well bolster the attacking ranks.

Duncan Watmore would be a solid signing, but I'd think they have a bit more in store for him, so wouldn't let him go out.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net