football
Latest News:

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Undisclosed Fee ..
09 August, 2018 16:59
Gutted that Norburn has gone ..however I understand that every player has a value that the club cannot refuse ..However what really annoys me is this “undisclosed fee”..

Why..undisclosed..Surly as fans do we not have the right to know what players are sold for ...If Norburn sold for £150k I would like to think that MM will be given all or the vast majority of this to improve the squad..

As thing stand we don’t know what or were the Norburn money is going..

Come on Tranmere let’s not hide behind the mask of secrecy otherwise known as an Undisclosed Fee..

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Undisclosed Fee ..
09 August, 2018 17:02
Reportedly £180k, I’m not sure the finances will be such he can have that money to spend, I would think we will see a loaner in.

Were on our way, were on our way, to the National League were on our way......Only joking after all we picked a point up without him last weekend and all the reports suggest we were unlucky.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 17:28
If we publicise how much we have received for players, then anyone we wish to buy from knows how much we have to spend and adjust their prices accordingly.

Nothing dodgy involved, just protects the club's finances during the silly season

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:48
If 180K is correct seems low when Kayden Jackson (Ex Wrexham) sold by Accrington to Ipswich for £1 Million.

Andy Mangan must be their cut priced replacement.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:43
Quote:
pez
If we publicise how much we have received for players, then anyone we wish to buy from knows how much we have to spend and adjust their prices accordingly.
Nothing dodgy involved, just protects the club's finances during the silly season

Too true.

The fees paid for players used to be very open the majority of the time, but disclosure these days could see transfer business affected, if a buying club is suddenly forced to pay 20% or more in additional outlay on a transfer deal, because another club believes there would be additional good money to throw at the deal.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Johnos Hackers

09 August, 2018 22:08
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
pez

Too true.

The fees paid for players used to be very open the majority of the time, but disclosure these days could see transfer business affected, if a buying club is suddenly forced to pay 20% or more in additional outlay on a transfer deal, because another club believes there would be additional
good money to throw at the deal.

Come on Guys..we’re talking about a weeks wages for Pogba..If we sold Norburn for £millions I could kind of agree with you ..I find it incredulous that the club has not disclosed the fee ..They are treating us like mushrooms..By keeping us in the dark and feeding us sh*t....Too sell Norburn within 5/6 hours of the close in transfer window allowed Mellon no chance to buy anyone so 20% premium was never going to come into play ..I As a fan think we should be told how much money in in the kitty and what it is going to to spent on ..Players or Gold Plated taps in the Platinum lounge .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 22:12 by Johnos Hackers.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 22:53
You'd be surprised how far 1-200k can go at this level. This isn't the PL after all....

Again though, it's out of our hands legally if Shrewsbury or Ollie/ his agent wanted the fee to stay private.

Why is everything always our club's fault?

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 23:00
I don't see any issue with this at all, it's a business that has to be run as a business to survive, think sometimes we forget that.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 23:20
Shrewsbury sold two of their lads this week for undisclosed fees. Loads of undisclosed fees around the place today too. Other than curiosity value, who cares? If you want a sense of the club's finances and how its run then look at the financial statements; disclosing a transfer fee won't give you that.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 08:48
Spot on. Nor is it a matter of pAying a transfer fee. Most of last year's top scorers in D2 were acquired on frees. It suggests that wages are more of an issue for us but then I also doubt that Accrington were paying more than us so with good recuitment clubs can succeed without breaking the bank

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 10:50
Fees used to be declared not being the clubs made the decision to reveal the cost but because the FA published a list of transfers paid which included the fees. It's only when the FA started giving clubs the option of the fee not appearing that undisclosed fees started.

Having an undisclosed fee is useful in negotiations. Imagine we were happy to sell Norburn for £150k and Shrewsbury to pay £200k (made-up figures). Both clubs would want the best deal within that range. It would make sense for Tranmere to ask for £250k, and say that anything less than £200k would have to be undisclosed as our fans would not accept selling him at that price. Shrewsbury might offer £100k and say they wouldn't tell their fans they spent more than £150k on the player. So a deal between £151k and £199k would make both teams happy, but neither would want to disclose it as they wouldn't want the other club to know (prior to agreeing) that they were happy with that price.

Personlly, I'd rather Tranmere get £195k and not know than us get £155k and the price being revealed. Transfer fees don't tell you how much actually went to the club anyway. A straight £155k is worth more than a £195k with £45k going in agents fees, player's bonus and percentages to former clubs - if you don't know where the money is going anyway why know the actual fee.

roversoffspring
roversoffspring (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 12:49
the Shropshire posts reports it broke the transfer record paid to sign Norbun. The record was £170k for grant holt so £170+ for a lad who would leave on a free next year anyway is great business. He came in, did a job got us promoted and left to a higherr level, fair play to the lad lets re-invest and move on.

Johnos Hackers

10 August, 2018 13:48
I don’t disagree with any of the comments made on this subject..However it would show an open and transparent rapport with the fans if the figure was revealed... and what the club intends to do with it ..Just my opinion..

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 14:43
Does it really matter that we know.What matters is that we operate in a prudent matter with a good balance in terms of income generation and efficient and effective expenditure. Transfer income are one off events and unless a fee is massive will only make a small difference to the kind of operational costs that the club can sustsin

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

undisclosed fees
10 August, 2018 18:00
hi- I was just wondering what other Tranmere fans thought of undisclosed fees. I have followed Tranmere and footi in general now for about 45 years and this term - undisclosed fee does my head in. every single footi club should be forced to tell their own fans either how much they paid for a player or how much they got for a player. it just seems to me that all clubs when they say - undisclosed fee are taking their own fans for a bit of a ride. so I am asking footi clubs- be honest and tell your own fans the truth.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: undisclosed fees
10 August, 2018 18:03
I’d prefer to know really, makes the deal more interesting to know that. But I can see why it’s hidden in a world like ours where clubs have little funds, so keep cards close to chest.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 18:06
I’ve merged the ‘Undisclosed fee’ topic and the ‘Undisclosed fees’ topic, as they’re pretty similar topics, as the topic titles suggests, two posts further down the board......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 18:08 by mini_andy.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 19:09
Surely the "undisclosed fee" will be apparent in the next year end accounts?

Johnos Hackers

Re: undisclosed fees
10 August, 2018 19:47
Quote:
the baldy one
hi- I was just wondering what other Tranmere fans thought of undisclosed fees. I have followed Tranmere and footi in general now for about 45 years and this term - undisclosed fee does my head in. every single footi club should be forced to tell their own fans either how much they paid for a player or how much they got for a player. it just seems to me that all clubs when they say - undisclosed fee are taking their own fans for a bit of a ride. so I am asking footi clubs- be honest and tell your own fans the truth.

+1

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 19:54
Aye it’d be nice to know but if the powers that be have deemed it allowed then if only one of the parties wants it to be that way then there’s nothing anyone could do.

Like TranmereFan says it helps the smaller clubs but it must have started for the bigger clubs to not disclose the mega bucks they were shelling out?

Anyone know exactly why? If someone has already said then apologies but it’s hard to keep track on this place the last few days! xD

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 22:39
Quote:
Higgosboots
Reportedly £180k, I’m not sure the finances will be such he can have that money to spend, I would think we will see a loaner in.

Were on our way, were on our way, to the National League were on our way......Only joking after all we picked a point up without him last weekend and all the reports suggest we were unlucky.
smiling smiley

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 21:33
Quote:
Higgosboots

220 ''quoted elsewhere''.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 21:38
Supposed to be the highest fee the Shrews have ever paid ,their previous highest was £175k

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 22:17
Maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't give a t@ss about undisclosed fees . Football is a business . Why do I need to know about the intricacies of finance surrounding the club regarding transfers ? The scouting system has highlighted a signing , the manager decides it's right , approaches the board , given the green light , player signs , end of . Why do I have to delve further trying to find out what the ` undisclosed sum ` was ? Similarly if someone is sold for ` undisclosed sum ` why do I need to know ? We have a competent board who make those decisions . I don't feel the need to know every financial transaction the club makes . Just my opinion .

Johnos Hackers

11 August, 2018 22:57
[quote Uglybob]Maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't give a t@ss about undisclosed fees . Football is a business . Why do I need to know about the intricacies of finance surrounding the club regarding transfers ? The scouting system has highlighted a signing , the manager decides it's right , approaches the board , given the green light , player signs , end of . Why do I have to delve further trying to find out what the ` undisclosed sum ` was ? Similarly if someone is sold for ` undisclosed sum ` why do I need to know ? We have a competent board who make those decisions . I don't feel the need to know every financial transaction the club makes . Just my opinion .[/quot

Fair enough..Some people are happy to just turn up at the turnstiles and pay the enterence fee ..no questions asked..

I’m just not one of them ..

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 23:07
Scan the yearly accounts next year.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 23:13
[quote Johnos Hackers][quote Uglybob]Maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't give a t@ss about undisclosed fees . Football is a business . Why do I need to know about the intricacies of finance surrounding the club regarding transfers ? The scouting system has highlighted a signing , the manager decides it's right , approaches the board , given the green light , player signs , end of . Why do I have to delve further trying to find out what the ` undisclosed sum ` was ? Similarly if someone is sold for ` undisclosed sum ` why do I need to know ? We have a competent board who make those decisions . I don't feel the need to know every financial transaction the club makes . Just my opinion .[/quot

Fair enough..Some people are happy to just turn up at the turnstiles and pay the enterence fee ..no questions asked..

I’m just not one of them ..[/quote]Fair do`s Johnos but what do you actually gain from knowing the `undisclosed fee a player has been bought / sold for ? In the grand scale of things it don't make a hoop of difference . As an analogy , because we own our house the wife is ` curious ` as to how much it's now worth . WHY ? We ain't gonna move ! Each to their own buts that's why the the club has accountants . I do my job and leave everyone else to do theirs .

Johnos Hackers

11 August, 2018 23:26
[quote Uglybob][quote Johnos Hackers][quote Uglybob]Maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't give a t@ss about undisclosed fees . Football is a business . Why do I need to know about the intricacies of finance surrounding the club regarding transfers ? The scouting system has highlighted a signing , the manager decides it's right , approaches the board , given the green light , player signs , end of . Why do I have to delve further trying to find out what the ` undisclosed sum ` was ? Similarly if someone is sold for ` undisclosed sum ` why do I need to know ? We have a competent board who make those decisions . I don't feel the need to know every financial transaction the club makes . Just my opinion .[/quot

I’m just not one of them ..[/quote]Fair do`s Johnos but what do you actually gain from knowing the `undisclosed fee a player has been bought / sold for ? In the grand scale of things it don't make a hoop of difference . As an analogy , because we own our house the wife is ` curious ` as to how much it's now worth . WHY ? We ain't gonna move ! Each to their own buts that's why the the club has accountants . I do my job and leave everyone else to do theirs .[/quote]

Ugly Bob every fan is entitled to there opinion..It’s just that I don’t agree with yours ..

"Accounting is like flossing. We all know how important it is, but very few of us take those extra few minutes to check it has been done properly “

Which is presisly my point ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 23:55 by Johnos Hackers.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

12 August, 2018 09:18
[quote Johnos Hackers][quote Uglybob][quote Johnos Hackers][quote Uglybob]Maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't give a t@ss about undisclosed fees . Football is a business . Why do I need to know about the intricacies of finance surrounding the club regarding transfers ? The scouting system has highlighted a signing , the manager decides it's right , approaches the board , given the green light , player signs , end of . Why do I have to delve further trying to find out what the ` undisclosed sum ` was ? Similarly if someone is sold for ` undisclosed sum ` why do I need to know ? We have a competent board who make those decisions . I don't feel the need to know every financial transaction the club makes . Just my opinion .[/quot

I’m just not one of them ..[/quote]Fair do`s Johnos but what do you actually gain from knowing the `undisclosed fee a player has been bought / sold for ? In the grand scale of things it don't make a hoop of difference . As an analogy , because we own our house the wife is ` curious ` as to how much it's now worth . WHY ? We ain't gonna move ! Each to their own buts that's why the the club has accountants . I do my job and leave everyone else to do theirs .[/quote]

Ugly Bob every fan is entitled to there opinion..It’s just that I don’t agree with yours ..

"Accounting is like flossing. We all know how important it is, but very few of us take those extra few minutes to check it has been done properly “

Which is presisly my point ..[/quote]Fair do`s Johnos . We'll agree to disagree and I respect your opinion .

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

12 August, 2018 11:50
how does a fan knowing what the amount is benefit them?

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

12 August, 2018 12:17
Quote:
853OKG
Exactly .

Johnos Hackers

12 August, 2018 13:54
[quote Uglybob][quote Johnos Hackers][quote Uglybob][quote Johnos Hackers][quote Uglybob]Maybe I'm in the minority but I couldn't give a t@ss about undisclosed fees . Football is a business . Why do I need to know about the intricacies of finance surrounding the club regarding transfers ? The scouting system has highlighted a signing , the manager decides it's right , approaches the board , given the green light , player signs , end of . Why do I have to delve further trying to find out what the ` undisclosed sum ` was ? Similarly if someone is sold for ` undisclosed sum ` why do I need to know ? We have a competent board who make those decisions . I don't feel the need to know every financial transaction the club makes . Just my opinion .

Which is presisly my point ..[/quote]Fair do`s Johnos . We'll agree to disagree and I respect your opinion .[/quote]

Likewise Bob ..That’s what make this site so interesting..😀👍

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

12 August, 2018 20:02
Believed now to be £200thou plus add ones.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

12 August, 2018 20:14
Quote:
prentonpete1
Believed now to be £200thou plus add ones.

Well, the world's gonna come to an end now the cat's out of the bag! (Sm107)

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

14 August, 2018 14:28
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
853OKG
Exactly .

Uglybob have you ever honestly asked someone what the value of something was, that you liked the look of maybe, or was interested in, or even just out of curiosity.....be honest

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net