football
Latest News:

SteveTRFCrovers
SteveTRFCrovers (IP Logged)

Midfield
09 August, 2018 15:32
With Oliver norburn gone out midfield is weak and low of number I can only think of Ollie banks jay Harris and the Young’s lad from Sheffield thino we need to get someone in asap

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

Re: Midfield
09 August, 2018 15:38
Im not sure how ideal it would be but i was thinking the other day if Norburn left and we didnt get anybody in what could we do? I was thinking Buxton in an emergency. Likes a tackle, good range of passing, not a bad shot. Not great pace but could sit and protect the defence to see a game out ? Again im not proposing this as a long term solution but in the short term

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:40
Free agent and loan signings can still be made until the end of the month.

I still believe MM will see how a few games will go and assess where needs addressing and i think it's safe to say we can all agree that it may come in the form of someone central to bolster the ranks at the very least.

I want someone to come in and partner Banks, i know people adore Harris and he's good at looking busy but i feel he may well come short (no pun intended) of the margin this year and everytime one of his boots leaves the ground you can just hear the groans.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:43
Quote:
Uptonrover
Im not sure how ideal it would be but i was thinking the other day if Norburn left and we didnt get anybody in what could we do? I was thinking Buxton in an emergency. Likes a tackle, good range of passing, not a bad shot. Not great pace but could sit and protect the defence to see a game out ? Again im not proposing this as a long term solution but in the short term

Have seen somewhere that he started out in the centre of midfield but was coached in the RB role just before leaving Wigan.

Could do a job there for sure but when he's back from his op is another story.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:44
True

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:45
5 3 2

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 20:21
The midfield options do look slightly thin on the ground, but we have Gillmore and there is an option to move Jennings or Cole inside.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net