coltranmere123 (IP Logged)

Max power
09 August, 2018 15:21
Is having a medical at Sunderland. Should add a few more quid to our pot

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Max power
09 August, 2018 16:05
Not signed yet but Sunderland agree a fee with Wigan for Max Power.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 16:56
Wiki has Max down as a Sunderland player, shirt No.24.
If he does go then we must be on for 20% sell on as I believe his fee was set by the Tribunal.
Good news for us.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 17:03
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
Wiki has Max down as a Sunderland player, shirt No.24.
If he does go then we must be on for 20% sell on as I believe his fee was set by the Tribunal.
Good news for us.

He’s gone On a free.......(Sm20)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 17:04 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 17:12
From the Sunderland Echo:-

"The Black Cats have agreed a fee with Wigan but, with the clock ticking and plenty of paperwork still to be completed, fans may be worrying that a deal looks unlikely.
But, as per EFL rules, Sunderland can be given until 7pm to complete the deal - providing that the club have submitted a 'Deal Sheet'".

Neal1987
Neal1987 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:15
£3 million apparently

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:28
A step down? I’d have thought he was closer to a step up

pez
pez (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:37
If he's gone for £3m then I hope our cut is 20 % , that gives us £600k.

Knowing our luck it was more like 5%.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:40
It’ll only be a cut of the profit that we’d be entitled to.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:43
It will still be a substantial sum, if £3 Million is correct.

From memory, we got less than £200Kwhen Max moved to Wigan?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:38
if the profit was £2,800,000, then 20% would yield £560,000, alternatively, the sell-on could have been 25%, 30%, or as some clubs do these days slap 40% on, so the return could be possibly £700,000, £840,000 or possibly £1,120,000.

The latter would be very juicy indeed, but I think it's unlikely.

I admit though if that 3 was an 8 and the sell-on was 40%, then £3,120,000 would be extremely good; however I don't think the 3 is a misprint (Sm6).

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:39
I can’t see anything official, so I guess we get a big fat £0

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:46
Isn’t that just because it’s not crossed the line yet?

Brenk
Brenk (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 22:15
Confirmed. Missed the deadline, so on loan till January when the deal becomes permanent.

Perhaps we should offer a minder to keep him safe till then. Steve McNulty?

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Is Max power off to Sunderland ?
09 August, 2018 15:23
Tranmere look set for a bit more money. I am told Max Power is on his way to Sunderland from Wigan. I believe part of the compensation package in his move from #TRFC included a sell on clause

Source : mattjones_sport (twitter)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Is Max power off to Sunderland ?
09 August, 2018 21:23
I literally noticed that being touted by the same said individual about 20 minutes ago. Would probably be a nice bit of bunce if it comes off.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Brenk
Brenk (IP Logged)

Re: Is Max power off to Sunderland ?
09 August, 2018 22:17
Yes. Posted latest on the other Max thread.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 23:29
Quote:
Brenk
Confirmed. Missed the deadline, so on loan till January when the deal becomes permanent.

Which shows how hyped up this transfer window is. Who's to say we won't sign a player or two on similar terms over the coming weeks? Far more realistic scenario than the meltdowns some seem to be having because we didn't spend the Norburn money within six hours.

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 06:18
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Brenk

Which shows how hyped up this transfer window is. Who's to say we won't sign a player or two on similar terms over the coming weeks? Far more realistic scenario than the meltdowns some seem to be having because we didn't spend the Norburn money within six hours.
Couldn't agree more with that!

Every ball's a white ball

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 08:27
Quote:
EBAWB
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Brenk

Are people having a meltdown because we have not spent money in six hours? My impression is that the concern is wider and more to do with a senses that we have lost both our best striker and arguably our best midfielders without really having a replacement.Throw in the loss of Hughes and the arrival of Banks is only a partial compensation.We have a smaller squad and a greater challenge,albeit that at least the current squad does not number long term injuries and the only real misfit is Waring.Meltdown is hyperbole most views represent no more than a niggling concern.It is time not opinion that will show whether those concerns are groundless

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 09:27
Hughes is @#$%& now, was good but age set in 18 months ago, Norburn is a loss but money was made which all goes towards keeping the club solvent.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 09:36
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
EBAWB
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
Brenk

Are people having a meltdown because we have not spent money in six hours? My impression is that the concern is wider and more to do with a senses that we have lost both our best striker and arguably our best midfielders without really
having a replacement.Throw in the loss of Hughes and the arrival of Banks is only a partial compensation.We have a smaller squad and a greater challenge,albeit that at least the current squad does not number long term injuries and the only real misfit is Waring.Meltdown is hyperbole most views represent no more than a niggling concern.It is time not opinion that will show whether those concerns are groundless

And the meltown is happening based on fear not on a number of actual performances in league 2. Norburn wasn't in the team at Stevenage. Neither was Cook but two goals were scored away from home. I am going to wait till there are at least 10 games gone before judging the team we now have. And let's face it, there will be people in on loan now that that deadline has passed.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 14:49
That was exactly my concluding pointOne result tells us nothing and yes ten games should answer the niggling doubts about the balance and quality of the squad

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

01 September, 2018 15:24
Max sent off after 19 mins today, Sunderland v Oxford.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 September, 2018 00:02
Quote:
hong kong rover
Max sent off after 19 mins today, Sunderland v Oxford.

That wouldn’t of gone down too well at the Stadium of light

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net