football
Latest News:

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

Tranmerre v Lincoln City Home Fixture
06 August, 2018 22:15
Just been looking at the Lincoln fixtures and noticed we play Tranmere on Tuesday October

2nd at Tranmere, but I would have liked it to have been a Saturday fixture as not so many of

the Imps fans will travel for a night game at Tranmere as would on a Saturday game.

Night game probably 5-600

Saturday probably 1500 - 1600

Means Tranmere losing out on finance and it would be a better atmosphere in the ground.

But what are the Rovers fans opinions on this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 15:58 by jal jal.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

Re: Lincoln City Home Fixture
06 August, 2018 22:52
Honestly, it would be good for the atmosphere but i want Rovers to do well and if another team that has decent away support like ourselves would contribute to that said team doing well then bring as little as you can smiling smiley

My birthday is on the 5th so i'm happy that we'll have a good game against the Imps and then fingers crossed a nice goal fest to savour on the Saturday!

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 23:14
Ha Ha Well said Ross I do appreciate your stand on this.

Yiggo
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 23:26
Agree jai jai, should be some easy algorithm that puts the sides with bigger support together on Saturdays.

For example, if either of us were scheduled to play away at FGR on Thursday at 11am it wouldn't make much difference to their home support but would limit us both.

Whilst I'm on about FGR I would just like to make clear that the chips served at PP are cooked in Beef dripping so best not bother!

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 10:03
Poor scheduling all round. We have also got Grimsby and Mansfield midweek - I am guessing both of whom are up there in terms of away support.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmerre v Lincoln City Home Fixture
08 August, 2018 10:41
Imps support Home and away has been superb since their rennaissance. It would be great to see them fill up the cowshed.
I was rooting for them in the playoffs and personally i think they could hold their own in the championship as the potential is huge. We've got one of the worlds best supported clubs in the world (and Everton) on our doorstep which limits us imo.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

Re: Tranmerre v Lincoln City Home Fixture
08 August, 2018 19:13
But Rovers still have a great following with over 1000 away fans at Stevenage, despite (Liverpool & Everton) as near neighbours.

There's not many teams in league 2 that take over 1000 fans to away games.

Last season in Div 2 there were 6 teams who had over 1000 supporters at Lincoln.

Luton 1268 Promoted
Coventry 1460 Promoted
Chesterfield 1124 Relegated (Local Derby)

Mansfield 1459 (Local Derby)
Notts County 1509 (Local Derby)
Grimsby 1696 (Local Derby)

This Season teams most likely to bring over 1000 supporters

Mansfield 1459 (Local Derby)
Notts County 1509 (Local Derby)
Grimsby 1696 (Local Derby)
Tranmere Rovers

MK Dons ???
Northampton ???
Bury ??? Tuesday Night Unlikely
Oldham ??? Tuesday Night Unlikely

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net