football
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

ollie norburn
06 August, 2018 08:46
just heard - sunderland mk dons and shrewsbury are all looking to sign ollie before the window shuts. lets hope we can keep him.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

Re: ollie norburn
06 August, 2018 08:54
i would to know the were people get their info from regarding these rumours

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 09:14
Quote:
paulbyron
i would to know the were people get their info from regarding these rumours
there was one in the pub last night who insisted he knows cook not happy at walsall and wants to come back !unbelievable

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 10:03
I know that some people believe everything a journo reports on but let's remember it's their job to speculate and without doing so then they wouldn't get paid.

This has all come from Pete O'Rourke who dives into transfer stories days after even Sky Sports have gotten bored of it but he puts the twist in that he knows sources (without divulging names, of course!)

If true then we'll have a plan as after all it's been built up for the last month but if like i believe that nothing comes of it and he is in fact just injured like MM said over a week or 2 ago due to the challenge then maybe we'll stop trusting this fake freelance journo that only HITC wants to publish his shoddy work.

Reading back, this seems very personal against him but it's not. I've just seen enough of his name in the last 2 months with at least 10 Rovers players who because they had a decent season last were on their way to the biggest and best in the land.

I'd like to mention again that Norburn was with the players at the EFL lineup green screen photo-shoot thing a few days before the Stevenage game also, he wouldn't do that in a Rovers top if he wasn't going to be playing for us nor would the club force him if he was indeed on his way out.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 10:12
What sort of fee do we think Norburn would command? If it’s enough to get two more in then I’d say it’s a deal worth doing

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 10:44
He's gone to Shrewsbury so one rumour right!

pez
pez (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 10:49
Quote:
Loyden1

Where did you see this Louden? Nothing on Twitter yet.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:00
haven't seen anything and seems a bit out the blue if true.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:05
That’s gutting if he does go. Would really hit our midfield hard as him, banks and Jennings work so well together.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:24
Its not out the blue, its been a rumour all Summer, its just gathered more pace as the window closes this week.

Hopefully if he does go, Micky will spend the cash on a Striker and another Midfielder if he has enough money?

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:51
Twitter now reports between Sunderland and Shrewsbury but likely Shrews as John Askey links plus looks like they are selling 2 to Ipswich which will release funds to buy Norburn.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:58
Quote:
SmartRover
Twitter now reports between Sunderland and Shrewsbury but likely Shrews as John Askey links plus looks like they are selling 2 to Ipswich which will release funds to buy Norburn.

John Askey and particularly Nick Bianchi are the two names that worry me about the Shrewsbury connection.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:20
According the Shrewsbury forum Norburn has just posted this on his Instagram account: "Big week for me! Buzzing to be back with John as well"

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:24
Quote:
pez
Quote:
Loyden1

Where did you see this Louden? Nothing on Twitter yet.
from a club source at shrews.I'm presuming he right

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
According the Shrewsbury forum Norburn has just posted this on his Instagram account: "Big week for me! Buzzing to be back with John as well"

That's fake mate, a guy called Lewis Storey on FaceBook started it to fish for comments.

Looking over at the Shrews forum, the only reason any of them know who Norburn is is because of the O'Rourke twitter post and now because of that post too.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:38
If this turns out to be true, I for one will be very disappointed.

Ollie has at least twelve months left on his contract and here's me thinking we were looking to build a team and move forward.

What particularly rankles me is, despite being a rumour most of the close season, it has been consistently denied by the club and beggars the questions:

1 - Was Ollie always going to be sold to cash in before his contract expired?

2 - Did Ollie ask for a transfer?

3 - Club not being honest with the fans?

Gutted to say the least,as a transfer away seems almost completed.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:41
This guy was as usual trying to be a clever dick. How one of our own''fans'' can do this is totally beyond me.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:42
So I am over reacting?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:51
I wouldn't say you have no, we just have a minority who find it funny to twist things against their own club.

It's their own entertainment considering they have nout else to do with their lives (getting a job may indeed help them).

The only thing that's been said by anyone at the club is that Ollie was injured for the Stevenage game, as he was for the game before that.

I don't speak for anyone but myself but i'd imagine if asked that MM would be honest and say that any bids have come in for the lad. Like he has been throughout his tenure. Clarke leaving for Wigan as a 'Dead Cert' in January even though MM stated he was injured springs to mind....

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 16:43
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
If this turns out to be true, I for one will be very disappointed.
Ollie has at least twelve months left on his contract and here's me thinking we were looking to build a team and move forward.

What particularly rankles me is, despite being a rumour most of the close season, it has been consistently denied by the club and beggars the questions:

1 - Was Ollie always going to be sold to cash in before his contract expired?

2 - Did Ollie ask for a transfer?

3 - Club not being honest with the fans?

Gutted to say the least,as a transfer away seems almost completed.

To be fair I think the club have always been very open that any player is available for the right price, they have to be in our situation.

I really wouldn’t want him to leave but I said very early on last season he won’t be here this season, he is far and away the best player at the club and interest was always going to come in from higher up the league. Hopefully he stays and plays alongside Banks but something doesn’t add up to me. I’d want to see a 6 figure sum minimum if I was Palios.

Appears Shrewsbury have agreed a deal of 2 million for 2 of their season a midfielder and centre back so watch this space

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2018 17:51 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 18:12
It's widely reported the Shrewsbury have triggered a release clause for Lincon captain Luke Waterfall. Supposedly in talks and move is imminent

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2018 19:32 by 2 the moon.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 18:22
Quote:
2 the moon
It's widely reported the Shrewsbury have triggered a release clause for Lincon captain Luke Waterfall. Supposedly in talks and move a is imminent

Nice, one down

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 19:36
That is correct Waterfall is in talks with Shrewsbury and is supposed to have had a medical

But to be honest he's pretty poor at passing the ball

See the link below confirming Waterfall in talks with them

But it wouldn't suprise me if Shrewsbury make a bid for Ollie Norburn.

[www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk]

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 19:53
Also

Ollie Norburn = Neil McNab , midfield hard man, not afraid of a tackle deceptively brilliant on the ball, defence splitting passes a speciality.

That is why Shrewsbury could be interested.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:02
Waterfall used to be a Tranmere player as well.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:02
If true,it would leave us weaker and with no time to bring in a replacement. We are always likely to be a selling club but when you look at some of the recent D1 transfers anything less than 100k would look like poor business

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:07
Norburn would do well to stay put and get more game time at a club where he is proven.

The lure of league one could be tempting, as for working for a previous manager, but some managers do not always get success everywhere they go, when they have had it before. Managers such as Ince and Moyes spring to mind.

Norburn could potentially be playing league 1 football next season if Tranmere do well and with him as a part of the midfield, then it would increase the possibility of that being a real outcome this season.

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:40
Norburn and Banks would be an awesome duo, I can't see many L2 teams having a better pairing.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:57
Nowadays with the with the release claus in their contracts if that figure is met by the buying team then it's up to the player if he wants talk to that team and then decide to leave.

Yiggo
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 21:46
message to Norburn suitors... Don't bother, he's sh1te. We got mugged off by Macclesfield taking him on. Don't forget that Macc actually got better when they got shut of him and easily beat us to the title.

He scored a worldy early on but since then has been a liability giving the ball away... normally rescued by Jeff Hughes who had to put a shift in for two players as Norburn fannied about.

If he won Man of the Match at any time it was because the sponsors mixed him up with Norwood.

Save your money.... we'll just have to pay out his contract as he is injured and might get lucky by warming the bench at some point.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 22:35
Well he’s still here. When does the window shut? Can somebody cut the phone lines to the club?

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 22:51
Window closes Thursday .plenty of time yet ,sad if he goes,but we just carry on

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 07:46
Rovers should hang on for £500K. Norburn is under contract and one of our best players so we don't have to sell. £500k would then allow us to bring in three top class players.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 07:50
I agree with the principle Coltran, unfortunately you can't just go out and get 3 of those with just over 2 days in a window left.

Scouting and negotiations would normally be well underway if they knew they'd even have a hint of losing him. Let's hope if that's the case that we're ready.

For me, better to hold onto Norbs as we know what we'll get from him.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 08:17
Quote:
coltran
Rovers should hang on for £500K. Norburn is under contract and one of our best players so we don't have to sell. £500k would then allow us to bring in three top class players.
think it's got to be £200k.were looking for can't see us getting much more unfortunately

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 08:43
If you look at Norburn history stats, last season was really his first full season in terms of games played. So really you could say he’s unproven and a risk to a league 1 club, probs worth 100k tips atm.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 08:53
Shrews just signed Luke Waterfall from Lincoln.

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 10:33
Watching every game from the JK last season and a good few away games Norburn didn’t stand out as the “must have” midfielder in our side, MM has been honest in saying he would never stand in any players way of a move upwards into L1 and above. My worry is we sell ourselves short, Shrews 2 players to Ipswich for 2 million so it’s not rocket science- get the deal done 👍

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 13:31
must admit, i dont find him the best player, but certainly not a bad player. my only concern is that if he is sold, we are going to be left short in the middle. I have no issues with harris and banks, but should one get injured or red carded, we could be in trouble.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 13:55
We can still loan players until the end of August, so even if Norburn left on Thursday, Micky could bring in a replacement on loan.

I know quite a few do not luke loan signings, but they can work out well and give us a chance to plug gaps and add a bit of pace or quality wirhout breaking the bank.

On rhe plus side, with a loan signing, if they dont pan out well, were not stuck with them for 1 to 2 years like some of the intake from last Summers recruitment drive.

Unfortunately for us, we have lost 2 decent players in Cook and Clark and not got much in return financially.

Were being asked to stump up a fee in the region of 200k for Rowe which we probably cant afford and now we risk losing Norburn too.

We need to ensure that we get a decent fee if we do sell him. If Fylde can ask 200k for a player, then so should we.

Just wish wed have done all our business earlier and maybe wed have managed to land a decent striker without being held to ransome .

I would assume that if Norburn was going, then surely the deal would have been done by now? Cant understand what is holding this up? Unless Shrewsbury are trying to get him on the cheap.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 17:03
There is no evidence that anyone has made a bid.The thread start ditch the words I have heard and no provenance to give credibility to the rumour. Ofcourse it is possible just as a move for Norwood,Davis or Jennings but thus far it is mere speculation and only a very small proportion of the speculation of posters turns out to have any substance

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 17:18
Quote:
DevonExile
There is no evidence that anyone has made a bid.The thread start ditch the words I have heard and no provenance to give credibility to the rumour. Ofcourse it is possible just as a move for Norwood,Davis or Jennings but thus far it is mere speculation and only a very small proportion of the speculation of posters turns out to have any substance

Not sure about that, have just seen Ollie's mum & dad driving down the A41 towards Whitchurch. If that's not a done deal then we may aswell all give up!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 17:50
Quote:
rossb07
Quote:
DevonExile

Not sure about that, have just seen Ollie's mum & dad driving down the A41 towards Whitchurch. If that's not a done deal then we may aswell all give up!

Whitchurch is over 20 miles from Shrewsbury[plus from wherever you saw them].2+2 = 647 sounds like

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 18:12
I saw him drinking in the shrew in oxton last week and he was saying how much he loved the name of the pub and he was winking at his mates when he did so. They all laughed and started waving their pints around spilling beer everywhere

I thought it was a weird in joke, but it makes a lot of sense now.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 18:19
I saw him in Birkenhead library withdrawing The Taming of the Shrew and he had a bury on top of it and a map to Town.

I remember thinking how strange it was because nobody had checked a book out for 4 years. In fact I was only in there to use the toilet.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 19:21
1 days 19 hours 40 minutes

Hopefully MP looses his password calculator for online banking and Barclays can only get the replacement out 2nd class (Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 19:40
Quote:
pez
We need to ensure that we get a decent fee if we do sell him. If Fylde can ask 200k for a player, then so should we.

That's just a p!ss take to put people off. If this was Christmas and he had a contract that meant he was 3 weeks away from being able to be signed on the bosman for nothing, they would accept £100,000 possibly and pick their heavy hearts up off the floor if he wanted a suitable move.

Ina Holloway had a beef a few years ago when Blackpool were in the Premier league, because Liverpool offered a derisory amount of £2,500,000 for Charlie Adam and he wanted two league one players from Peterborough and Darren Ferguson was quoting him £4,000,000 as a combined fee for both.

Tranmere might possibly have real world value of between £150,000 and £250,000 placed on Norburn right now but if their contractual position was strong enough, they could potentially double the latter amount to pout people off, knowing they wouldn't be risking losing the player in next to no time for nada.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 19:51
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
rossb07
Quote:
DevonExile

Whitchurch is over 20 miles from Shrewsbury[plus from wherever you saw them].2+2 = 647 sounds like

I’ll let you off as I too have had a long day smiling smiley

Yiggo
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 20:29
£100,000... it's a gas when some Premier League players earn that for playing on their x-Box on days off during the week!

pez
pez (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 12:15
Just over 24 hours left of the Transfer Window and as yet, nobody in and more importantly, nobody out.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 12:22
Talking to a Everton supporter at lunchtime he mentioned that Jack Rodwell has been training with them but is without a club .(replacement for Norburn ) ???

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 12:47
His wage request would outright bankrupt the club on it's own.

Wasn't he on 70k a week at Sunderland when they were bottom of the Championship?

[www.chroniclelive.co.uk]

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 13:18
Probably right ,but who would want to sign him .Injury prone and has the record for most consecutive games without winning when he played .How many ?

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 13:55
Who knows what's going on behind the scenes maybe there's already a done deal for Rowe soon as the cash comes in for Norburn ?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 14:44
Shrewsbury have just signed a young midfielder from Glasgow Rangers on a season long loan.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 14:50
I think the supporters group should be known as 'the Furrowed Brows' , favourite programmes, 'The Twilight Zone' and 'One Step Beyond'....

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 15:38
When you look the 1.5 million fee that Accrington are getting for Jackson it shows that 100k signing is chicken feed. Jackson has been signed on the basis of one moderately good Div 2 season and it makes me feel that Walsall must be rubbing their hands with glee at paying nothing. It also suggests that when Flyde look for over a £100k for Rowe they are not being unreasonable.Accrigton,like us have to be a selling club and hopefully if we are to lose any players in the next 24 hours we will insist on a worthwhile fee

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 15:50
Hi DevonExile

What you get for a player could depend if he has a release clause in his contract and how much that figure is. If not then the club might get a higher price for him.
But I would think most agents insist on a release claus in their players contract

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 16:20 by jal jal.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 17:30
A release claus, means Santa is not contractually obliged to deliver presents when it isn't Christmas Eve.

Sorry couldn't resist,

Quote:
rossb07
His wage request would outright bankrupt the club on it's own.
Wasn't he on 70k a week at Sunderland when they were bottom of the Championship?

I recall the figure being £73,000 a week with a 40% wage cut regardless of whether they went down or not, so he would have had his wages reduced by £29,200 to £43,800.

I remember some Wolves fans speculating a few years ago after their double relegation Roger Johnson getting £43,000 a week in league one and if so Rodwell would have become probably the most highly paid league one player by £800 a week.

Even if Accrington could only afford this season an average of around £1,600 a week for players, with a top wage of £2,000, 27 players would cost £43,200 a week, so Rodwell would still have cost more than their entire squad this season by £600 a week.

Totally absurd.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 17:36
No don't apologise Matt, it's good to have a bit of humour on these forums.

Fiftyyearsarover

08 August, 2018 18:35
God not Rodwell even if we could afford him which is a nonsense.he has been very poor before and after Leaving Everton ,never going to realise his supposed potential ..without a club says it all to me

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 18:51
He is without a club because Sunderland only recently cancelled his deal to save money.

Whether he is in low demand or simply taking time out to review his next move is another matter. He can certainly get suitors in time as his potential skill and recent experience in the top 2 tiers would make him desirable to some clubs.

Fiftyyearsarover

08 August, 2018 18:59
Ross seen Norburns parents driving down A41 to Whitchurch not importingly the A49 ,people on here might not know but there was a airfield at Tern Hill during the war and some part of it is now used for booking parachute jumps for any brave soul who want to give it a go .perhaps they were booking a treat for say their 30th wedding anniversary .staying one jump ahead of all rumours concerning their son

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 19:00
Wasn’t it rumoured that Rodwell was on £80k a week? No other clubs would sign him because he was unwilling to lower his wage demands.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

08 August, 2018 23:54
We just got rid of Wallace and you would take Rowell. Even if he would take a 71 thousand I would still keep Jay Harris all day long no thanks

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 05:57
Shrews have signed midfielder Greg Docherty from Rangers on season loan. Lad in work is a Suerland fan, said yesterday doesn’t see them signing anyone else if they do short up top and at the back

terribletid
terribletid (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 10:12
So it's confirmed that he's off to the Shrews.

A shame but not irreplaceable either. I don't think this will make or break our season.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 10:21
I was never overly enamoured with him really, when he wasn't controlling the game he slowed it down, but did give the option for a few cracking free-kicks and long ranges. This should give the chance for Gilmour to step up and free up some funds for the xmas transfer window.

Now to beat Walsall in the Caribou and get Shrewsbury in the 2nd round.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

I was never overly enamoured with him really, when he wasn't controlling the game he slowed it down, but did give the option for a few cracking free-kicks and long ranges. This should give the chance for Gilmour to step up and free up some funds for the xmas transfer window.

Now to beat Walsall in the Caribou and get Shrewsbury in the 2nd round.

omd white
OMD WHITE (IP Logged)

He got a 3 year deal undisclosed fee .

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 10:28
Quote:
terribletid
A shame but not irreplaceable either. I don't think this will make or break our season.

Sums up my feelings exactly. Good luck to the lad and a three year deal at a League 1 club isn't to be sniffed at.

Apparently Shrews are now overloaded with midfielders. What chance one of them finds his way to Prenton Park before the window shuts?!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 10:32
Any idea of how much he went for?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 10:48
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Any idea of how much he went for?

According to Matt Jones on Twitter, Undisclosed fee but Micky implied it was an offer we couldnt turn down.

So my guess is it was a decent ammount.

Its how we reinvest that money that counts.

Lets hope we dont panic buy and bribng in anymore dross like last Summer.

I still think 175k + is too much for Rowe, despite having the money available.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 11:03
MM stated at getting a replacement with the funds brought in.

Doubt he’ll use all the money though....

Good luck to the lad, I know I wouldn’t pass up a guaranteed 3 years pay-cheque on you’d imagine more than what he’s currently on. Only thing for me is how long it’s taken to get it over the line, can only suggest it was due to us wanting more than they originally offered.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 11:05
Gutted he’s gone, but great business by the club. We already replaced him with banks, and got some ££ for a player that cost us nothing

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 11:06
It’s slightly annoying given that we are aiming to be in L1 next season.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 11:09
Wasnt my favourite player but we are better with him than without. But i will reserve total judgement when the transfer window slams shut (copyright sky sports news). Hopefully we will bring one or even two in. Doubt the fee will be too big given he was out of contract at end of season but at least we got something.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 12:11
Well as of now,I cannot help feeling that our contracted squad is somewhat weaker than the one with which we finished last season. Nor would I be impressed if we ended up not having a replacement already lined up. Given the time that rumours have circulated on this site one would have hoped that we would either moved things quicker or have plans in place

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 12:40 by DevonExile.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 12:43
Unfortunately the club can't do it's business off the back of rumours on a fan page.

MM has said he'll be working today to tie up a deal as a replacement, so i'd imagine that's as good as we're going to get.

In terms of squad quality, it's a mixed bag as right now we could say that each player could easily take the place of eachother in a 1st team game whereas last season we definitely couldn't.

I'll be reserving judgement until all deals are done which includes loans at the end of that window and gives us around 6 games in the league.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 12:53
reserving judgement?

not getting carried away with message board rumours?

no more panic at the disco?

take off our tinfoil hats?

one of life's true optimists mate

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 12:59
As stated,it is as off now.I do not expect the club tpwork of rumoursv but the point was that this rumour had substance suggesting the club may well have known for some time that a deal was likely.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:03
There's nothing wrong with being an optimist when it's sensible and when some around you may be wanting to lose your head that you attempt to remain the calm, collected head that maybe one or 2 people can reason with.

I said last season not to panic when we were in a dire end at the beginning and we're alright now. I said Wrexham wouldn't go up also when they were top of the league.

Unfortunately the early season results ruined my prediction league table standing so on that i can blame MM but for anything else, i trust him 100% right now to make the calls he has to or indeed if he doesn't at all.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:07
Quote:
DevonExile
As stated,it is as off now.I do not expect the club tpwork of rumoursv but the point was that this rumour had substance suggesting the club may well have known for some time that a deal was likely.

I can agree with that aye.

I think it's only taken so long because as MM said that he was always not for sale until this latest offer which was too good to turn down. Whether we ever find out what that sum is is another question but the fact that MM has stated he'll be doing business and making calls all day suggests that this hasn't been the long-winded transfer saga that we may have first thought and that every player has a value especially at these lower levels.

Question is, what sort of replacement would we be happy with?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:28
Bit of a bummer. Only positive is the money.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:48
Good luck to him, some of Twitter has exploded into silly stuff, we still have a decent midfield without him so I'm not concerned , we got him for nothing and made money.

Fiftyyearsarover

09 August, 2018 13:48
We will get bye.the only big miss will be Cook ,have a job to replace him ,I still blame MM for his departure dropping him for the FGR final and the beginning of last season ,we all commentated on the toxic atmosphere at the club .it was then I believe Cook was going to Leave and had decided then not to sign another contract .thats just my opinion others may know different ,we need a goal scorer can’t always expect Norwood to get them all the time

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 14:35
Transfer window closes at 5pm today, Thursday. If reports of Power heading to Sunderland prove solid, then the finances from that move plus the £XXX,XXX Norburn income will provide a decent wedge for the next arrival. Only 'concern' ? for the squad now is Waring - what's happened to him.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:23
Gutted for the team pleased for him, I thought something was fishy last week. It’s nice to nice again have bigger clubs interested in our players, shows that the manager is dong something right.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:37
Someone mentioned some things said on twitter earlier but unsure where and as it's somewhat related thought i'd post here.

Just had a browse through and because Norburn has been sold, no replacement is going to be found in the next 30mins apparently there are rumours the Palios' are looking to sell shop.

I'm glad to be on here instead of getting my info from some people on there playing the below song...

[www.youtube.com]

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

Re: Undisclosed Fee
09 August, 2018 15:57
Gutted that Norburn has gone ..however I understand that every player has a value that the club cannot refuse ..However what really annoys me is this “undisclosed fee”..

Why..undisclosed..Surly as fans do we not have the right to know what players are sold for ...If Norburn sold for £150k I would like to think that MM will be given all or the vast majority of this to improve the squad..

As thing stand we don’t know what or were the Norburn money is going..

Come on Tranmere let’s not hide behind the mask of secrecy otherwise known as an Undisclosed Fee..

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:58
Maybe Shrewsbury didn't want it to be disclosed?

Fiftyyearsarover

09 August, 2018 16:03
I wonder if undisclosed fee is shorthand for “we don’t want other clubs to know what we got out the transfer ,because other teams might up the price for the player we are targeting

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 16:06
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I wonder if undisclosed fee is shorthand for “we don’t want other clubs to know what we got out the transfer ,because other teams might up the price for the player we are targeting

touche

i dont think we'll rush into any signing.

nor should we. a loan signing and wait till jan will be just fine unless we have somebody lined up already

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 16:06
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

I'd go along with that!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 16:07
Quote:
rossb07
Someone mentioned some things said on twitter earlier but unsure where and as it's somewhat related thought i'd post here.
Just had a browse through and because Norburn has been sold, no replacement is going to be found in the next 30mins apparently there are rumours the Palios' are looking to sell shop.

I'm glad to be on here instead of getting my info from some people on there playing the below song...

[www.youtube.com]

I’m not so sure that’s a rumour as such, I seem to recall him saying he was open to offers from the right place a couple of years ago on the radio, maybe I recall wrong, I would think being back in the EFL just makes Rovers a more attractive proposition.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:02
Shrewsbury seem to be giving all their new signings 3 year contracts Norburn & Waterfall

also both are undisclosed fees for some reason.

Waterfall is good but not all that good, his ball control & passing is poor, heading and

positiomal play is good.But I think he will soon be found wanting in Div 1

Lee Angol also joined Shrewsbury

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 18:07 by jal jal.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 18:31
Shrewsbury have been busy but I do not think that many clubs have been busier than Saturday's opposition where there have been 14 new signings. With that number it is impossible to read anything in to their opening day loss as it takes time for large scale change to bed in.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:05
I'm a bit disappointed with this as Norburn said he wanted to play at a higher level well Tranmere are at a higher level than the one he was playing at last season and to be honest, at least 6 months in League 2 wouldn't have done him any harm.

Not least as between the point where he left Bristol Rovers and signed for Tranmere, his game time in League 2 and National League was only 58 matches in 3 seasons and for Bristol Rovers 51 games in 2 seasons, so he hadn't enjoyed a really full compliment of games for anyone until he signed for Tranmere and played 44 times.

I hope it works out for him, but he still had time at 25 to do what he wished,but with any luck some of the money can have be ploughed into one or two loan players and then a decent transfer or two in January.

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 21:55
Good bit of business for the club, 0 paid and sold for a fee

Fiftyyearsarover

09 August, 2018 21:55
Just been watching sky transfer news a lot of League 1and 2 doing business some getting 2/3 in .its been a spiffing start for a club who are talking about getting back to we’re we should be ,3good players gone including our top goal scorer and no replacements .not impressed at all .i still have doubts about Mellon we need a settled team not Loanees who come and go ,it’s a nonsense that the players are not about ,most other clubs can find what they need .Lincoln just signed a young guy from a none League side I have never heard of he must be ok for Lincoln to sign him .they are about .everyone knew Cook was Leaving and still no replacement 3 months on .i hope he does not have cause to regret not strengthening the team for the new challenges ahead .if Norwood Leaves or is injured we are goosed.i know it sounds stupid not being happy with Mellon after getting us back in the FL but his signings have been less than inspiring and his refusal to give youth a chance Dunn and Clarke prime examples. who are at Walsall League one. Alabi say no more Waring say no more .kept Mangan to Long .and don’t get me going on Wallace .to get us we’re we should be we need the likes of Coleman at Accrington or Askey at Shrewsbury

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net