football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Safe Standing
05 August, 2018 18:28
See that Shrewsbury became the first team in the EFL to have safe standing at their game yday.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Safe Standing
05 August, 2018 18:53
The crowd was over 7,000 I don't now how that compares with last season?

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:29
hong kong rover - this is a very good topic to speak about. I think now- after all this time there is no reason why so called smaller clubs cannot have standing at their grounds. for example- if say a club has a capacity of 10,000 why not have say a quarter of that safe standing. if I ever had a choice, I did prefer to stand thand to sit- as it is a better atmosphere.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:54
Unfortunately, there is a cost associated with this.

The seats would have to be changed in these areas to be lockable in an upright position and additional handrails/barriers are required for safety I believe?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:42
Here’s one for you, what 4 things combine to give us the mighty Prenton Park?

The main stand

The Johnny King Stand,

The Kop Stand

The Cowshed Stand

Ironic eh

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 22:49
The stand at Stevenage looked like it was standing, Or was that just the angle I was at?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 09:30
Aye it was a roofed terrace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net