football
Latest News:

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

Ifollow what a friggin rip off
05 August, 2018 17:11
Why does everything involve money for us the fans ........pay for this pay for that .....nothing for free at all ....paying for radio coverage is one step to far .......money making scheme by the efl .......were have the days gone it was on merseyside wirral radio or mixlr...... it turns fans away not bringing us together ........rant over ......watch everyone attack me now coz im moaning again

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Ifollow what a friggin rip off
05 August, 2018 18:26
As always goosed, your entitled to your opinion and for once a lot will probably agree with you.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 18:29
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
As always goosed, your entitled to your opinion and for once a lot will probably agree with you.

yes i agree with goosed too

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:03
I agree with some of the principles but it won't turn people away.

If anything, it should just get people actually through the gates.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:41
Yes, the commentators, sound crew and website staff /broadcasters should provide the service free of charge and not get any remuneration. Should be just a hobby for them.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:15
Quote:
money making scheme by the efl .......

lol.

they have a product and want to sell it. evil @#$%&.

on the plus side, the championship ifollow feeds are available if you know where to look.

whether some cad decides to crack the lower league feeds remains to be seen.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:18
Shud all be free radio coverage at least

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:26
as the great man sung:

"It seems so unfair. I want to cry."

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 23:18
I guess we may of received some payment from Radio Merseyside back in the day. I guess now that payment isn’t there as no one willing to cover us we need to charge to make up the loss.

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 01:25
Maybe radio merseyside can help us this is a joke

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 07:49
The quality isn't great either. Low frame rate on the highlights which you still have to wait over 24hrs for.

Also the feed cuts out about 2 our 3 minutes after your phone goes into rest mode which never used to happen with the radio is mixlr.

Does anyone know if cup games are on there?

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 08:24
When the club first announced that fans abroad would be able to watch streams there was unsurprisingly no mention of the commentary also being a paid service, or i may of missed it.

Just another nail in my opinion and fans being exploited for everything that can be squeezed out of them. Not blaming the club who can't really knock back a revenue stream that our competitors are probably utilising. And like it says above somebody will need paying for providing commentary and all that entails.

I'm going to bite the bullett and subscribe to it, and use it to watch the away games that are streamed. There's a guide on the net from a sunderland fan explaining how UK based fans can use the service intended for fans abroad.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:02
Quote:
853OKG
Yes, the commentators, sound crew and website staff /broadcasters should provide the service free of charge and not get any remuneration. Should be just a hobby for them.
We, the supporters are "supporting artistes" supplying sound and atmosphere for radio, sound, atmosphere and visuals for TV. If football is showbusiness, the show would not go on without us, and we should be paid as extras and walk-ons. Of course, we are only seen as a stream of revenue so we pay and pay and never get paid.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:39
Quote:
goosed
Shud all be free radio coverage at least

Think it has something to do with Skybet and EFL having all broadcasts tied up so it might not allow others to broadcast game's so it goes out via club's own web sites.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 12:46
I do not believe there is anything that prevents free to air radio coverage. Other clubs, even ones with far less support than us, have their games broadcast by local stations. The sticking point, of course, is that a radio company has to WANT to broadcast Tranmere games to their listeners. The local stations do not want to do this, even the one that is supposedly a public service broadcaster. You get a 5 minute update and the occasional goal notification if you are lucky. I would respectfully suggest that this should be the real arrangement with which fans should be expressing their dissatisfaction.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 14:31
To develop my point, if Premiership supporters held their nerve (which they wouldn't) and boycotted matches until prices were reduced and treatment of supporters improved, then clubs would be forced to do so because TV companies would not want "the best league in the world" to be seen playing in empty grounds wth no atmosphere. Supporters are viewed as passive, gullible consumers who can be treated any way business wants : change the match day? No problem. Change kick-off time? Okay. Difficult journey? Who cares? Expensive tickets? So what? Obviously, this applies far more to premiership clubs, but if their supporters had the bottle (which they don't) to challenge the people who run the game, they could ultimately win and the effects would gradually improve things down the leagues.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 14:39
That's a fair point BBC Devon does a good coverage of Devon teams.The two premier teams already get a massive airing nationally and local BBC could look to offset this with a stronger focus.They do not have to consider the influence of commercial sponsors but scheduling is a test of how perceives local needs and balance.
That said I would have no problem paying a modest subscription to the club for their own broadcast if it was of a similar quality to the radio Wirral former commentary team.
I think MP is missing a trick here not so much as a revenue earner but as a away of promoting the club to the community.
My impression is that MP considers the views of supporters so perhaps the sound thing to do is for all who value a live broadcast to write to him

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 19:41
In the tinpot league we got free coverage of tranmere wer u wud of thort we wud of had to pay to give the club money as its a poor league ...now we are in league 2 we have to pay instead of it being free madness ........nothing from mark palios about this though either

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:12
palios should, like, complain to the bbc or radio city or whoever.

i mean saturday afternoons should definitely be given over to an audience of a couple of hundred people. they should pay us for the privilege of lowering their listenership also.

he should at lease tweet some outrage to satisfy people who feel the world is unfair

pez
pez (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:28
Quote:
mrGr33n13
i mean saturday afternoons should definitely be given over to an audience of a couple of hundred people. they should pay us for the privilege of lowering their listenership also.

he should at lease tweet some outrage to satisfy people who feel the world is unfair

We get that you dont approve of people complaining about this, but its a forum and they are allowed to voice their opinions.

Theres absolutely no need for your sarcastic comments.

Have a bit more respect for fellow posters .

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 20:35
Quote:
HardlyYardley
To develop my point, if Premiership supporters held their nerve (which they wouldn't) and boycotted matches until prices were reduced and treatment of supporters improved, then clubs would be forced to do so because TV companies would not want "the best league in the world" to be seen playing in empty grounds wth no atmosphere. Supporters are viewed as passive, gullible consumers who can be treated any way business wants : change the match day? No problem. Change kick-off time? Okay. Difficult journey? Who cares? Expensive tickets? So what? Obviously, this applies far more to premiership clubs, but if their supporters had the bottle (which they don't) to challenge the people who run the game, they could ultimately win and the effects would gradually improve things down the leagues.

Many Premiership club owners would lap that up, the ultimate for them is to discard the old guard work a day Fans in favour of all the new money, there are clubs in the premiership who could easily sell out the ground for in excess of £400 a head. There are clubs with waiting lists for season tickets costing thousands. It’s a modern business and being back in the EFL puts us back in the premiership telly rights plight of that modern business, the higher up the pyramid we climb the higher the cost to support.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 21:36
I can understand to a certain degree about clubs making money out of ifollow......liverpool and everton still get free coverage off bbc merseyside and they are in the premiership .

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 21:58
Quote:
pez
Quote:
mrGr33n13

We get that you dont approve of people complaining about this, but its a forum and they are allowed to voice their opinions.

i can be as sarcastic as i like mate.

i couldnt care less if my opinions are ridiculed, i'm not sure why you feel the need to protect people from sarcasm lol.

doesnt mean i dont respect the lad, i just think his whining on this matter is pathetic.

does that qualify as an opinion i am entitled to voice?

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 22:49
Palios is out of his depth, he would've known this is part and parcel of being back in the league as it's stipulated and governed by the EFL so there's nothing he can do.

Believe me when i say i agree somewhat with what's being brought up and We can certainly go back to having free coverage but it'll be at the expense of a relegation and guess which i'd rather have?

Yiggo
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 23:11
Unfair to say MP out of his depth. There may well be commercial restraints that make it unfeasible for the club to fund Radio commentary that we don't know about.

What I would be concerned about is BBC Radio Merseyside not representing their actual regulated catchment area and ignoring us when we are an EFL member. I, for one, don't want to know about a bunch of mercenaries dragged in by cash to play for those over the water who have no affiliation to the area.

We are the only club truly representing this area and we are ignored.

We can listen to how the Redsh1te and Bluenoses are getting on via many legitimate and illegitimate streams.... watching the games live, but can't even listen to what is going on with Rovers without paying for the "privilege".

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 23:31
Apologies, maybe a slight mis-use of the word but in another way not. Every EFL chairman/woman is in the same way and in that respect they're all out of their depth when it comes to them being allowed to give away free commentary.

I'd imagine he'd have said otherwise, otherwise...

But yes like you and another has said above, the real people we should vent at is Radio Merseyside and other radio stations in the area as it's them not pulling their finger out which is having the most effect on the greater fanbase who can't make every game.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 00:23
Come back National League, all is forgiven lol

pez
pez (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 01:31
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Quote:
pez
Quote:
mrGr33n13

We get that you dont approve of people

complaining about this, but its a forum and they are allowed to voice their opinions.

i can be as sarcastic as i like mate.

i couldnt care less if my opinions are ridiculed, i'm not sure why you feel the need to protect people from sarcasm lol.

doesnt mean i dont respect the lad, i just think his whining on this matter is pathetic.

does that qualify as an opinion i am entitled to voice?

Thats his opinion too, but hes not calling you pathetic is he?

Im sure youre intelligent enough to post on here without trying to ridicule other posters?

Or maybe youre not? Thats my opinion also!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 01:39 by pez.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

07 August, 2018 07:53
I'm not calling him pathetic

I'm not ridiculing him.

I am mildly ridiculing his ridiculous opinion.

As to your last point, clearly I'm not mate.

Peace.

JK JD
JK JD (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 08:08
Free coverage on Radio Wirral via DAB only for locals.

[www.tranmererovers.co.uk]

Mattc777

09 August, 2018 09:04
Quote:
JK JD
Free coverage on Radio Wirral via DAB only for locals.

The article emphatically confirms the opposite. Good work though. You got me to read it.

Now, where to get those two minutes back from?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 09:37
it does say the club expects there to be DAB coverage in place for locals by the first home game.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 10:50
I’m confused why it says DAB for locals? It’s DAB that you can get anywhere online innit? And FM that you can only tune in locally?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 12:28
no. they mean that it will be broadcast over the digital spectrum and not the analogue FM one. only digital radio receivers will be able to pick it up.

it will still only be available locally unless the radio station hot the streams online or on an app like tuneinn. i'm not sure if they will be allowed to do that if ifollow have internet streaming rights.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 12:46
Quote:
mrGr33n13
no. they mean that it will be broadcast over the digital spectrum and not the analogue FM one. only digital radio receivers will be able to pick it up.
it will still only be available locally unless the radio station hot the streams online or on an app like tuneinn. i'm not sure if they will be allowed to do that if ifollow have internet streaming rights.

Ah i see, always thought all DAB stations could also be steamed online due to the nature of them being “digital” broadcasts.

JK JD
JK JD (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:12
Not sure what the problem is.

Being helpful, I posted a link confirming that games WILL be broadcast on Radio Wirral, via DAB for locals.

You seem to have an issue with my post - not sure why...?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:50
its because you are a new poster.

they think all new posters are a troll called goosed. and they are basically non friendly and paranoid to anyone whose name they dont recognise. especially if you happen to fall out of step with the consensus.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:51
Quote:
JK JD
Not sure what the problem is.
Being helpful, I posted a link confirming that games WILL be broadcast on Radio Wirral, via DAB for locals.

You seem to have an issue with my post - not sure why...?

Who has an issue with your post? Confused

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:53
he is talking about captain friendly

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 13:58
Quote:
mrGr33n13
they think all new posters are a troll called goosed. and they are basically non friendly and paranoid to anyone whose name they dont recognise. especially if you happen to fall out of step with the consensus.

We were all once new posters.

Some of us, don't post ridiculous posts and threads and when questioned state 'My opinion, don't care who i annoy lolz' like the 50+ year old that you said you were.

Also a point to note, JK JD isn't a new poster also...

Mattc777

09 August, 2018 14:48
Woah...

My apologies.

I've seen the paragraph now. I skimmed earlier and only saw the subscription stuff. In my defence i still don't see any confirmation that it will be in place.

I used to enjoy Mr greens posts but his confident assertion that I just came on here to bully a new poster leads me to scrutinise his judgement calls in the future - which I guess can only be a good thing in life generally. The minor escalation was quite amusing though.

I've not been on here long myself.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 15:54
Apols captain.

You're a good egg in my book squire.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

09 August, 2018 16:06
well at least we may get some free coverage for away games, fingers crossed.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 11:39
Quote:
mrGr33n13

I feel threatend by this poster can he be removed please or the police will be involved

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 12:18
Maybe you are a good guy after all....

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 13:38
Safe spaces are available upon request

Mattc777

10 August, 2018 21:26
So are you guys all listening for free tomorrow on Wirral Radio/Radio Wirral?

I will look upon thee with furious envy if you are, while I subscribe to the same on ifollow

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

10 August, 2018 22:17
The away games on a Saturday I miss I’ll give Radio Wirral a bash.

The Tuesday nights that I can’t do I’ll look into getting a match pass from ifollow if that’s how it works.

Mattc777

11 August, 2018 08:19
Urgh!

I'm such a fool. Like an idiot I thought the £10 a match live stream (for games not on a Saturday) was only payable by non-subscribers. But alas the £4.49 really is just for audio.

I have the radio Wirral app but they don't have it on their published schedule for today.

You know what. I'm just gonna go to the game and my two and a half year old will just have to learn to like it.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 08:35
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Urgh!
I'm such a fool. Like an idiot I thought the £10 a match live stream (for games not on a Saturday) was only payable by non-subscribers. But alas the £4.49 really is just for audio.

I have the radio Wirral app but they don't have it on their published schedule for today.

You know what. I'm just gonna go to the game and my two and a half year old will just have to learn to like it.

That’s the spirit! Haha

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

11 August, 2018 10:14
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Urgh!

Lol! With regards to your last paragraph, it was third time lucky for me. The first two wanted to call child line to accuse me of torture! Assuming this is your first, hope you strike it lucky and he/she actually enjoys it! Pack a rucksack with plenty of bribes and distractions and remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog! (The little bleeders put up one helluva battle!). If you make it to half-time you've done well; give yourself a pat on the back, take on an energy drink, a few deep breaths, keep telling yourself you can do it (it's mind over matter)!
However, you'll need more stamina and strength than any player on the pitch to make it to full-time, but it's not impossible, it can be done. Your achievement will override anything that can be achieved on the pitch. Your weariness as you trudge away from the ground will be balanced by the warmth of knowing that you were the winner. There'll be knowing glances and nods of recognition from fathers who have trod the same path, who know your pain and bear the same scars; scars of battle that they wear with pride.
Good luck CaptainFriendly and sleep well tonight!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

13 August, 2018 16:06
did anyone read this on saturday?

We are aware that a number of technical issues resulted in a disrupted iFollow service for our supporters during today’s fixtures.

The EFL and their suppliers are continuing to work on the problem to identify the specific issues in order to ensure there are no similar disruptions in the future. The EFL has apologised for the inconvenience caused.

If any supporter experienced issues, then please contact the iFollow customer service team at ifollow@efl.com.

(yeah contact them for a refund is what it should say)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/08/2018 16:07 by Shaumbra.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

13 August, 2018 16:44
If a few people got on the same VPN server then we could share a sub and get live streams.

Ifollow havent stopped fans of other clubs from doing this last season

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

14 August, 2018 19:56
What a shambles, 10 minutes into the game and all I'm getting is music with a voice telling me the match will start shortly!!!

frenchrover
frenchrover (IP Logged)

14 August, 2018 20:00
Just not good enough....bad decision going with this lot. Get it sorted MP

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

14 August, 2018 20:21
Should be sorted now, it is iFollows fault (whoever the hell they are) and not the clubs. Would advise a refund if I’m being honest as I’m told it’s been horrific for all games thus far?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

14 August, 2018 22:22
Is ifollow part of the EFL then? We all get the same websites because of it, so must be?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

17 August, 2018 22:44
At the risk of resurrecting this, and having just spent a week in Worcester, I thought I should point out that BBC Hereford & Worcester carry full match commentary of Hereford games and also cover Worcester City in some depth. We're talking preliminary round FA Cup replay levels here. They may be the biggest shows in the area but are significantly less followed than we are. The minimum we should be expecting from BBC Radio Merseyside is near equal billing with the two other professional clubs over the water. They are a public funded broadcaster with a duty to cover all clubs within the area. They are not in a ratings war and do not rely on advertising income that might be impacted by lower listening figures if they covered our games in equal ratio with those of the blue noses and red sh*te. Especially as those games are more than adequately covered elsewhere. We really should be demanding greater coverage from our only local public service broadcaster.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

17 August, 2018 23:23
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
At the risk of resurrecting this, and having just spent a week in Worcester, I thought I should point out that BBC Hereford & Worcester carry full match commentary of Hereford games and also cover Worcester City in some depth. We're talking preliminary round FA Cup replay levels here. They may be the biggest shows in the area but are significantly less followed than we are. The minimum we should be expecting from BBC Radio Merseyside is near equal billing with the two other professional clubs over the water. They are a public funded broadcaster with a duty to cover all clubs within the area. They are not in a ratings war and do not rely on advertising income that might be impacted by lower listening figures if they covered our games in equal ratio with those of the blue noses and red sh*te. Especially as those games are more than adequately covered elsewhere. We really should be demanding greater coverage from our only local public service broadcaster.

+1

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 August, 2018 11:33
Not sure, I think Talksport have paid for broadcasting rights for many games and I think that’s effecting things with free broadcasts on BBC.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 August, 2018 13:22
Is there any free live coverage I cudnt go tday ?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 August, 2018 14:02
Quote:
Loyden1

I’ve just signed up to ifollow as I couldn’t find any freebies for today too

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

18 August, 2018 14:32
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Loyden1

how much for 1 game or season ?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 August, 2018 15:00
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Loyden1

how much for 1 game or season ?

I just pay £4.49 per month. Or you can pay £45 for the season. I’ll just cancel in May and resubscribe in August. You can get match passes for only certain games and it’s £10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net