football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Farce Green Rovers
05 August, 2018 12:11
Sorry guys, I know some of you might not give one, but I see that FGR have three stars on their shirts; one star to represent their promotion the season before last (via the play-offs and not as champions!) and two greyed out stars to represent chairman Dale Vince's ambition to reach the Championship!
FGR had 75 supporters at Grimsby yesterday, which was "applauded" by some of their fans! Add another 1000 to match our magnificent following!
I try hard to be magnanimous towards them, but boy do they make it tough. In keeping with their vegan ethos, they really are the marmite team of football. I really hope we stuff them this season; in a football sense and force feed them with our best PP "meat" burgers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 12:14 by Phil65.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Farce Green Rovers
05 August, 2018 12:21
Well you might have to start sucking it up, I see them as genuine title contenders this year

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 12:27
well they beat those who eat fish ;0)

and by 4-1

good luck to them. makes a change for someone to stick to their principles.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 12:44
Even their own fans find the star saga an embarrassment. As for their away support......enough said. Dale Vince's principles being rammed down everyone else's throats; players frequenting Greggs as a rebellion. Proposed new stadium, away from all public transport links, that everyone will have to drive to; Eco hypocrisy. Their traditional base will be a thing of the past as is their traditional black and white kit. Dale Vince Rovers or Ecotricity Rovers anyone?

05 August, 2018 13:02
Apparently the Cheltenham fans refer to him as Stale Mince

05 August, 2018 13:06
I plan to go away to FGR this year. Apparently you can't even get real milk for your tea, only the ersatz vegan option, so I might have to smuggle some in

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 17:38
Am not sure what to make of FGRs result yday..was it a freak result? were grimsby still in holiday mode and at the beach? or are we to see an FGR side that might do well this season?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 18:27
There new shirts didn't get delivered in time... They had to wear last season's 3rd shirts yesterday

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 19:10
Quote:
hong kong rover
Am not sure what to make of FGRs result yday..was it a freak result? were grimsby still in holiday mode and at the beach? or are we to see an FGR side that might do well this season?

If you see the highlights,you'll see why they scored 4. Grimsby handing out hilarious Christmas presents.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:27
Grimsby and Morecambe very early contenders for relegation on their first games?

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:25
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover

If you see the highlights,you'll see why they scored 4. Grimsby handing out hilarious Christmas presents.
I thought the OG from outside the box was an excellent strike caught the keeper out of his goal..

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:32
I can see a few funny chants from the away fans as the seasons of no promotions roll on

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 13:17
A rich boys vanity project that will in time run out of momentum

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 15:31
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover

hi hoots ive just viewed all the goals and brief highlights from all the league 2 games at the weekend, that Grimsby own goal, oh deary deary me, the Cambridge defence at port vale didn't look particularly healthy either, cruel on macc to lose like that at swindon, and 2 red cards for yeovil at bury, the 2nd card looked pretty nasty, nors put away his first goal nicely for rovers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net