football
Latest News:

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

MM post match press conference
05 August, 2018 09:32
Subscribed to Ifollow so watched the whole interview.
MM said that if someone came available we might have a chance as we might have something moving around... I am assuming that might mean that Waring might be off and if he were we could use the money we saved on his wages to bring in another player... no mention of who though so maybe Triallist A has left?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: MM post match press conference
05 August, 2018 12:10
I know I raised this on a thread but I wonder if Norburn is on the way out the door, there was wide spread media speculation early in the close Season of interest from a variety of clubs higher up the league, it appears he’s injured but he hasn’t featured on any promotional material and seen little in terms of stuff with the clubs media people, interviews etc. All seems a little odd for a first choice CM. The club in its current guise are not exactly forthcoming with things, I wonder if he has been subject to a number of bids and submitted a TR. Hope not. Can’t see Waring leaving having much impact, he can’t be on too big a wage, also would seem an odd ne, I know he hasn’t had much impact but he is still a target man, we’ve battled to bring Stockton in and should Waring go would leave no cover in that area, Norwood, Mullin, Connor. MM referred to a possible exciting signing in his pre match, if Waring were to go we would need another big man brought in, but it could be Waring.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 12:15 by Higgosboots.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 12:25
He was definitely on the receiving end of a nasty tackle at Chorley,hobbled around for a few seconds then ran it off.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 12:38
I'm always wary when transfer targets get injured before deadline day but yes, Norburn did get a knock at Chorley. Definitely don't want to lose him but at least we do have decent cover in centre mid so, if it happens, it might not be too damaging if MM can reinvest the funds wisely.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 17:20
Wouldn’t worry too much about losing Ollie.

He lined up with the rest of the squad a few days ago for the EFL lineups for TV in our strip and wouldn’t have if like some have said been the subject of transfer business for the last few weeks.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:14
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
I'm always wary when transfer targets get injured before deadline day but yes, Norburn did get a knock at Chorley. Definitely don't want to lose him but at least we do have decent cover in centre mid so, if it happens, it might not be too damaging if MM can reinvest the funds wisely.

We'd have Banks,Harris and Gilmour-no way is that enough.

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:33
not often I agree with you hoots mon but my thoughts exactly

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 20:46
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

We'd have Banks,Harris and Gilmour-no way is that enough.

Not ideal but hardly disastrous, assuming Gilmour's up to it. We did fine with three to choose from last season, assuming you don't include Wallace as a fourth. As I said, if Notburn did go it wouldn't be too damaging if MM reinvests wisely - whether that be up top, a utility or a like for like replacement.

More likely, though, I reckon any movement will be Waring out and one more in - possibly the Italian lad who's been on trial.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 21:00
I get a a feeling that we are actively looking to release a couple of players (pilling and Waring). I can’t see Norburn going anywhere. Him, banks and Jennings were awesome last year.

I expect us to bring in another striker as competition for Stockton.

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 23:02
Hitc reporting Shrewsbury and Sunderland interested. Maybe putting 2 and 2 together but starting to look fishy as I don't recall MM saying he was injured in his pre match interview....

pez
pez (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 11:22
I suppose that if the money offer is right, and Norburn is willing to move to either Sunderland, Shrewsbury or MK Dons then it could be done?

Were deffo working to a tight budget and if this move gave Micky some spending power before the window closes it would be very benificial.

Maybe he left Norburn out deliberately to see how we play without him, before making a firm decision about selling him?

Who knows? Let's see what happens between now and Thursdays deadline.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

06 August, 2018 16:53
Norburn was one of five injured players Tranmere had out according to saturdays daily mirror, but so was Scott Davies! It said Stevenage had no injury concerns...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net