football
Latest News:

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

coverage
03 August, 2018 11:04
hi, does anyone know how to listen to coverage of the game tomorrow. is the tranmere radio still going and hidden somewhere on the new web site. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: coverage
03 August, 2018 11:10
I would think on Mixlr free app
Search Tranmere Rovers to find game, ususally start 1:30-2 pm

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 11:17
thanks very much. just downloaded and ready to go tomorrow.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 11:57
As far as I know, the mixlr app will no longer be broadcasting games?

The club has signed up to a new media deal and is a subscription site.

See the Clubs Official Website for the details.

Looks like were going to have to pay for live comentary from now on. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 12:02
Radio Wirral were supposed to be broadcasting commentary online.I assume this has fallen through.Any info ?

MESSAGES->author
Rizla (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 12:16
[mobile.twitter.com]

Should be ok. 👍

pez
pez (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 12:30
Says that coverage is available via ifollow, thats the new subscription site I was on about in my earlier post.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 13:51
just had a look on the website, says there is no match pass available, so not sure if its going to be free on another media

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 14:26
Quote:
Rizla
https://mobile.twitter.com/TRFCRadio
Should be ok. 👍

Excellent, will be tuning in saturday to cheer on the SWA, thanks Rizla

pez
pez (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 14:45
Quote:
Shaumbra
Quote:
Rizla
https://mobile.twitter.com/TRFCRadio
Should be ok. 👍

Excellent, will be tuning in saturday to cheer on the SWA, thanks Rizla

If you watch the video on the Twitter feed there is a link at the end for iFollow.

The mixlr site will not be broadcasting the match as Sid & Co are working for iFollow now instead.

This is a subscription site so the club can make money from streaming the games.

Sorry but that's what they've decided to do.

No more free Rovers commentary.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 16:55
Don’t agree with no free coverage at all. Some just can’t afford it, simple as.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 17:01
Quote:
TranmereFan
Don’t agree with no free coverage at all. Some just can’t afford it, simple as.

+1

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 17:31
Thanks for update,
£4.49p per month Access audio commentary and exclusive club content one month at a time

Live audio commentary of all matches
Full match replays*
Video highlights
Behind the scenes content
Valid for 30 days from date of purchase
Receive the weekly club newsletter

£45 for season
Access audio commentary and exclusive club content throughout the season

Live audio commentary of all matches
Full match replays*
Video highlights
Behind the scenes content
Receive the weekly club newsletter †

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 17:31
Had a look and it’s £5 per month, but you have to cancel or they take it each month. I went through the motions and before pay, checked how you cancel. I couldn’t find that bit, as Cilla would say, surprise surprise. It will be there, but not easy to find. Looks like it’s good old Jeff Sterling, if he’s back from his jollies.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 17:32
Sorry £4.50 p/m

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 20:41
It's £4.50 a month, 15p a day effectively, you can all afford that if you want to listen and if helps the club then great.

gazza102
gazza102 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 21:33
Why would anyone want to pay for something that has always been free. How much will the club receive probably next to nothing and I have to say "Sid and co" from my point of view are the worst commentators I have ever heard.Not for me.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 06:32
If I followed a perm league team, I could listen or watch live every game free on the internet. I just can’t swallow it, even at a low price. 15p a day may not be much, but I’d only listen to probably 1 game a month, so now it’s £2.25 per hour. Saying all this, I am a fickle footie fan, so come 1445 today, I’ll probably swallow my knob and pay it.

goosed
goosed (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 06:33
Got to agree why pay to listen to a football game, should be free for all supporters. Please radio merseyside come back

iagoapcen
iagoapcen (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 06:46
time to find sneaky free illegal streams me thinks

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 07:03
Quote:
goosed
Got to agree why pay to listen to a football game, should be free for all supporters. Please radio merseyside come back

+1 shouldnt have to pay to listen.

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 07:05
Quote:
gazza102
Why would anyone want to pay for something that has always been free. How much will the club receive probably next to nothing and I have to say "Sid and co" from my point of view are the worst commentators I have ever heard.Not for me.

+1

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 07:49
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
gazza102

+1

Hey HKR, at least you can actually watch live video stream of the games now, that service is only available to overseas viewers 👍

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 08:10
It is the appalling quality of the commentary rather than the cost. I gave up on them last year for the the brief period they were all that was available.
For once I think MP is missing a trick. Having good free away game commentary sustains interest in the club and that builds and consolidates support.

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 08:39
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
gazza102

+1

Hey HKR, at least you can actually watch live video stream of the games now, that service is only available to overseas viewers 👍

Pay to watch - Yes
Pay to listen across the airwaves - A big emphatic NO..

myself n a couple of other Rovers fans here in HK met up to watch the England games at the recent world cup and we talked about us all chipping in to pay for this live streaming of Rovers games. We are thinking of asking the manager of a small bar/pub that we occasionally frequent to see if he will screen the games but with us paying the subscription fees. i havent spoken to the other Rovers lads since the world cup so need to get round to it.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 11:27
Well I've got the app. Still no idea how to listen in. There's a button that says "Live on iFollow" but it just takes you to a stats page.

Perhaps that'll change when the steam goes live

Mattc777

04 August, 2018 13:09
Anyone had any luck?

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 13:23
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
Anyone had any luck?

no not yet, you have to pay to listen via the website, ive quickly tuned into radio wirral over the internet but almost certain they will not be broadcasting anything, I am still searching around on my computer to see if there is any way I can tune in even if its an illegal channel etc , I will try and tune into BBC three counties radio ( Beds, Herts & Bucks ) over the internet, to see if I can get any luck there, but I don't expect much there, they will probably cover pompey v luton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 13:48 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 13:35
I am considering to pay the 110 quid for the full season i-follow pass to view all games as an overseas subscriber, but I wont f*cking pay to listen to radio commentary no matter how cheap it is, as a matter of principle.. i think its a real bloody cheek asking to pay just to listen.

Mattc777

04 August, 2018 13:50
I just subscribed like a fool. Have had to restart the ref

Mattc777

04 August, 2018 13:51
Quote:
CaptainFriendly
I just subscribed like a fool. Have had to restart the ref

Ffs... restart the feed once already.

Mattc777

04 August, 2018 13:53
Seriously the quality is quite unprofessional.

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 13:56
Stockton is starting

Yiggo
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 14:06
ow the feffing hell do I listen to this match? Just signed up to tw4tter and clicked follow on TRFC?

Please chaps... emergency!!

MESSAGES->author

04 August, 2018 14:14
I am all confused now,, pay here, subscribe here, listen here , watch here, 110 quid here, 5 quid here, does the 5 quid one day match pass allow me to view the game or is it only listening?.. bring back wirral radio and dave higgins

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 14:29
Quote:
iagoapcen
time to find sneaky free illegal streams me thinks

no luck mate, ive tried searching, i cant find any stream of todays match

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 14:47
There’s a link on Tranmere Rovers Twitter,
Download Tranmere Rovers app, icon at bottom on page once logged in, click listen now...it’s not too hard tbh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 14:50 by trfc-boi.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 16:10
It's a bit naughty having to pay to listen, for those who can't make as many games it's going to be very disengaging for them.

I read the updates on BBC but that was the only option unless you cough up.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 16:27
It’s business I quess, people who want to listen, will have to pay, we have had it lucky and free for while, IMO would be better free

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 16:34
you can simply grab a vpn to watch the games if you have subbed.

some iptv providers have put some ifollow games on, but i've not seen one that offers all games

Jimsteel
Jimsteel (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 18:42
I have been looking forward to our first game back in the league all summer only to find out we cannot listen to the game. I will never pay to listen to the radio that is a step too far sorry...this is a really poor decision. RADIO IS FREE AND ALWAYS WILL BE. Of all the bad points of being in the VNL at least I was able to listen to my BELOVED rovers even though the commentary was crap

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 18:47
It's not on the radio though.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 19:32
The club should set up a free service, I understand it's business but it's like a musician expecting someone to buy an album without hearing any of the songs through public access.

It feels a bit like money grabbing which isn't what Tranmere have ever been. Just think it's a bit narrow minded for engaging the next crop of young fans who listen with their dads and grandads blaring from the radio or laptop speakers on a Saturday afternoon.

Mattc777

04 August, 2018 19:44
I paid. I'm a fool I know.

Correct me if I misunderstood but it's only the Saturday afternoon games that aren't streamed live to us (without a vpn).

Therefore the prospect of being able to watch evening games live goes some way to compensate for the fee

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 19:45
Quote:
Hardly Irons
The club should set up a free service, I understand it's business but it's like a musician expecting someone to buy an album without hearing any of the songs through public access.
It feels a bit like money grabbing which isn't what Tranmere have ever been. Just think it's a bit narrow minded for engaging the next crop of young fans who listen with their dads and grandads blaring from the radio or laptop speakers on a Saturday afternoon.

Yah I don't think the club have a choice, it's a league wide deal.

Might be wrong

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 20:46
I think Swindon radio still play coverage of their games? I think we didn't really give Wirral radio the love they needed when they needed it.

We may have just effectively paid an anonymous company more money to listen to Tranmere than we would have to a local radio station.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 20:53
Quote:
Hardly Irons
I think Swindon radio still play coverage of their games? I think we didn't really give Wirral radio the love they needed when they needed it.
We may have just effectively paid an anonymous company more money to listen to Tranmere than we would have to a local radio station.

Yes, Swindon have the same coverage option online as us, but local radio do cover their matches, which wouldn’t be any good for those living away.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 21:53
Quote:
aktrfc
If I followed a perm league team,

I don't even think in the 1970's there were any league teams who's entire first 11 and subs had perms.

Sorry couldn't resist.

I can see some peoples arguments about not having to pay for stuff that used to be free, but I guess in time some people will get used to it, like Mersey tunnel users eventually did and Runcorn bridge users will as well.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 22:40
My old man doesn't even know how to Google. If he was a Tranmere fan he'd never hear the match. I mean he's deaf anyway

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 07:39
I see that they have also only put a limited 3 minutes of MM's post match interview up on Youtube and invited us to subscribe to IFollow to watch the full content so its clearly not just the match commentary we will miss if we don't subscribe....

pez
pez (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 08:29
I understand the club needs to make money, but this whole iFollow thing is to the detriment of the fans.

As others have pointed out, Sid & Co are not the best commentary team in the world and having to pay to listen is putting a barrier between the club and the fans.

I really think this whole thing is a bad move and if its been forced on us by the EFL, then shame on them!

I understand paying to watch games, but not to just simply listen to a game.

Im already being rinsed £100+ by Virgin every month and Im not prepared to pay another £5 a month to listen to amateur radio commentary.

Worst decision Mark & Nicola have made imho.

Just hope they make some decent revenue from it? My guess is that they wont.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

05 August, 2018 10:05
I don't think this has been put on by the club, it's more down to the fact that our local radio stations get no benefit from airing the commentary as less people will listen than to their usual content.

The only station that could was Wirral, but then there's 7 waves too and any other independents. I think this service is only really a backup that most other clubs won't need because their local radio would broadcast their games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net