football
Latest News:

the baldy one
the baldy one (IP Logged)

come on rovers
02 August, 2018 20:37
on the dawn of a new season - I think now is the time for every single Tranmere rovers fan - to get behind the team, manager, and owners, and push us on to get a good start. I fully agree, that this forum allows everyone to give their views. if their is one million people on here, there would most probably be one million different views on things. throughout the whole season- lets all stick together, pull in the same direction and you never know - we might just squeeze into the play offs at the end of the season. my prediction for Saturday is - Stevenage 1 Tranmere rovers 2 ( Norwood and Stockton). so all the best to everyone connected to the s.w.a.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

Re: come on rovers
02 August, 2018 20:46
Is that the real baldy saying something positive? If so well said, agree 100%.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

02 August, 2018 21:16
Blimey! That hair treatment must of finally sprouted some regrowth.

the baldy one

03 August, 2018 05:22
hi- thanks lads for your 2 replies above. the truth is - I love Tranmere so much that I get very frustrated when things go against us and sometimes print things on here through frustration only. as I say- these forums are the best way to let off steam - now the time is 6.20am on Friday morning- and I am all ready to have a lovely bacon butty for breckfast with half a pint of ginger beer. all the best for now lads.

Mattc777
CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 06:43
Sounds like everything is alright with the world

EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 06:52
Didn't know that the RiverHill did breakfasts. Enjoy (Sm128)

Every ball's a white ball

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 07:17
Quote:
EBAWB
Didn't know that the RiverHill did breakfasts. Enjoy (Sm128)

Brilliant!

Whilst weโ€™re all happy then, get yerselves down there tomorrow.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 07:47
A positive Baldy ! How refreshing ! Did you manage to get some much sought after rare programmes to put you in such a positive mood ?Keep it up !โ˜บ

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 07:47
bacon n ginger beer! dont think my taste buds have ever been subjected to that combo before, and certainly not at 6:20 in the morning they havent..maybe i should give it a try one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2018 07:52 by hong kong rover.

chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 07:50
Looking forward to the first game although will only be listening on the radio hoping for a win here although a draw would not be a disaster, Stockton could prove to be a good signing but needs to be motivated would have been better if he had been pre-season with us, going for a 1-0 win to us and a goal from Norwood.

the baldy one

03 August, 2018 08:17
hi- lads- I have had my breckfast and please do not laugh - I came downstairs looked in the fridge and disaster no bacon left. I was gutted. I checked on all 3 shelves and the only thing that I saw that I could do in 5 minutes was a large asda sausage roll. so I heated it up in the microwave and had it with a big dollop of red sauce. anyway- I must admit- as everyone now knows- I do slightly over react when things go against rovers etc- so I promise starting from tomorrow I will try not to be as controversial as normal. just going on to tranmere69 - your point about rare programmes- I am now running out of space. just to give you an idea - just from this pre season 2018-2019, I have purchased over 100 friendly progs from all over England. there is some crackers aswell- boreham wood brought out an commemorative souvenir prog v arsenal ( uni emerys 1st match), Walsall v ajax, chester v Liverpool, Glasgow rangers v bury ( gerrards 1st match), Glasgow rangers v wigan - the list goes on. I have got special contacts in 5 different countries,- one of them in Holland helped me to get the dirk kuyt testimonial prog. I also have at least 25 -30 special contacts in England who gets me the prog I want straight from the printers. I have also been buying Europa lge progs recently- the new saints from wales print a very good prog. anyway time is calling - and come on rovers- lets stuff little Stevenage.

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 08:23
I rather consider ALL the releases (Cook, Ginnelly & Clarke excepted), and signings to be quite POSITIVE right now (exception is Waring - what is happening to the chap? he's not featured in any pre season matches or official club comments?). Thinking we (us the fans), all seem to agree in our own ways that we can look forward to watching decent football again at PP, however we do have to accept that although the standard of Refs might be a little better, we could all still suffer from the 'bad decision syndrome' a bit - even in L2. It might take a short while for the side to gel, and those with injuries to recover (Buxton & Gumbs), but overall for the first time in several years, I think you will agree - IT'S LOOKING GOOD AGAIN FOR TRANMERE.

gary anderson
gary anderson (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 08:34
GOOD GOD THE BALDY ONE SAYING SOMETHING NICE.i had to lay down and get my breath . I will have a pint of what he was on when he posted that it mustbbe a strong beer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚but jokeing apart what he says goes without saying us rovers fans are a lyle bunch and win lose or draw we stick to the club .so yes good luck to the team .and mm and mp need our suport not our digs .so cmon boys not just for the start of the season they need us all season

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 08:57
I can go with that.I have my doubts about how well equipped we may be to avoid a relaxation dog fight but I would rather be here starting this season with doubts about whether we stay up than be were I was last season hoping that we were good enough to go up

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 09:51
Quote:
DevonExile
I can go with that.I have my doubts about how well equipped we may be to avoid a relaxation dog fight.

I too have my doubts...

paulbyron
paulbyron (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 16:22
you,re quite right baldy one when you say we won,t always agree with each other but that,s what makes the forum a pleasure to read even so I hope you,re not going soft on us keep the posts coming

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

03 August, 2018 22:58
I think a defeat tomorrow just because we will need about 6 games to get our bearings as it were .and find our best side .and more importantly can we get goals ,I donโ€™t know about a relegation dogfight but I think we will hover between 12/15th and survive the season

pez
pez (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 08:43
I think we may find it difficult for a few games, but depending on how we are shaping up, we have the January Window to help salvage the season should it be needed.

Hopefully by then, Fylde will drop their ridiculous deluded valuation of Rowe and hell refuse a new deal which will enable us to secure our man?

Lets see how the first month goes before making any predictions about where well finish.

Safe trip to those who are travelling today, kets hope we get off to a flyer!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 10:21
Imagine if Rowe only scores one or two by January, would be still be desperate for him?

mb53trfc
mb53trfc (IP Logged)

04 August, 2018 12:02
Feeling optimistic for the game today and the season to come. Four of us in Stevenage for the game today. Last time we saw Rovers we won 2-1 and I fancy the same scoreline in our favour today. Come on Rovers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net